Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & DWCt, White Widow Max

Re: Acers Closet Garden - Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & SH Deep Water Culture unit, White Widow

Keep up the good work bro. :)

Thank you Green!! I always appreciate your encouragement!!! ;)

As promised here are my LED cabinet pics. I had to bend the branches for more room. Unless I make alterations to my cabinet.. they do not have any room to grow taller.

014208.JPG

016164.JPG

018136.JPG

My HPS tent plants are eating nutes like crazy. They all ate over 300 PPMs worth of nutes in the last 24 hours. I will bump up the nutes again next week!!

I also rearranged the canopy to try and get more light to all my budsites. The buds are visible fatter...even from yesterday. And they smell even stinkier!!!

002492.JPG

011266.JPG

012228.JPG

007354.JPG

009310.JPG

010293.JPG

I am falling in love with my Tent!! :partyboy:

Re: Acers Closet Garden - Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & SH Deep Water Culture unit, White Widow

Beautiful ladies Acer!:goodjob:
Be careful with the ppms though, watch the tips of the leaves for clues they are getting burned. 1800ppm is a very good max point, pushing em harder just because they are using the nutes isn't always necessarily a good thing. JMO :peacetwo:

Beautiful ladies Acer!:goodjob:
Be careful with the ppms though, watch the tips of the leaves for clues they are getting burned. 1800ppm is a very good max point, pushing em harder just because they are using the nutes isn't always necessarily a good thing. JMO :peacetwo:

Dr Dan,

Thanks for advise. I do notice a very slight discolor at the very tip of the leaves.

000_00152.JPG

000_00164.JPG

I thought because the plants were eating the nutes the discoloration and burnt tips were from the heat fluctuations in my tent. The inside temperature goes from 75 to 82 all day long.

Thanks for the input. Please let me know what you think about the leaf pics. If they are showing signs of nute damage.

Thanks,:morenutes:

Acer, My leaf tips look exactly the same !? I thought I was over feeding them (1000 ppm) they seem to be not eating at this level and I can't figure out why !? Res change today I will drop the ppm down to 700 and see if that helps !? I just posted a few pics under the Deep Water Culture thread, Can't figure out what to do next ?? My temps are about the same too...at least yours look a bit heavier !

Acer, My leaf tips look exactly the same !? I thought I was over feeding them (1000 ppm) they seem to be not eating at this level and I can't figure out why !? Res change today I will drop the ppm down to 700 and see if that helps !? I just posted a few pics under the Deep Water Culture thread, Can't figure out what to do next ?? My temps are about the same too...at least yours look a bit heavier !

Hey Ol Hippy,

I was at 1800 ppm when I did my nute change on Friday.

I like to follow Pit Vipers nute recomendations as a guide. My plants are eating the nutes like crazy. After the first day from going to 1800ppm my ppm went to 1500. Now we are closer to 1400. I was planning on bumping up to 2000 ppm next week.

Bloom
1st week 600 ppm

2nd week 900 ppm
3rd week 1200 ppm
4th week 1500 ppm
5th week 1800 ppm
6th week 2000 ppm
7th week 2000 ppm
8th week 2000 ppm

However, after Dr Dan commented about watching for burnt tips on leaves. I am starting to get 2nd thoughts about bumping the nutes. :dreamy:

I like to use the numbers as a guideline. Depending on the plant strain you can go higher or lower. Let the plants tell you when too much is too much. ;)

I like to use the numbers as a guideline. Depending on the plant strain you can go higher or lower. Let the plants tell you when too much is too much. ;)

Green,

That is exactly what I thought I was doing. I changed the res on Friday with 1800 ppm fresh nutes. I am now down around the 1400 ppm range after 2 days. That would be an average of 200 ppm a day right?

I would think the numbers state that I can increase up to 2000 ppm next week if I use Pit Vipers nute recomendations as a guideline.

I thought as long as the plants are eating the nutes given, measured by the numbers on the ppm meter. That was a sign the nute level was correct or could be increased. :slide:

Yes sir, I was just reiterating. :)

Sorry Green! I didn't realize you were on the same page as me! I tend to have a very thick head!!! :sorry:

Acer, My problem is I change res set ppm to 950 ish, and after 24 hrs the ppm is 1050 and 1 gallon less . So I would add just ph'd water no nutes . Next day ppm is 1100 !? Are these fuckers shitting in the res !! or what ? Tonight I'm gonna change res and set ppm to 800 and see what happens .. :peace:

Ol Hippy, sounds like nute lock out. They are drinking water but not nutes so as the water goes down but the nutes don't, the nute concentration becomes higher in less water.

Hiya Acer, nice pics by the way. The tips look a slightly burned and could have happened early on, I wouldn't be able to say without being the grower. That is just one of the sure signs that it couldn't handle the ppms at that time. As I said before, plants have varying needs through out the day and not just at different life cycles. In recirculating systems there is always waste product build up so using ppm as a guide to how much your plant is eating isn't quite accurate. I use ppm levels to keep from burning plants as much as reading the leaf tips. As to what the plant is eating, I have to go on what research has shown it uses at different times in its life and make sure I supply enough of it to begin with. The plant will let you know if you haven't been giving it enough of what it needs better than a ppm meter that can only tell you an approx. amount of "total disolved solids" or converted EC. It doesn't tell you the make up of those solids. So I agree with Green, use the numbers as a guideline, especially because different meters can have quite a varience in readings between them. Man... don't smoke OG Kush and just sit down to browse the boards... bad idea.. sorry for the rant.. nice job on the grow bro!:tokin:

Acer, My problem is I change res set ppm to 950 ish, and after 24 hrs the ppm is 1050 and 1 gallon less . So I would add just ph'd water no nutes . Next day ppm is 1100 !? Are these fuckers shitting in the res !! or what ? Tonight I'm gonna change res and set ppm to 800 and see what happens .. :peace:

Ol Hippy,

It is funny you say that about the ppms on your plants. My LEDs are doing the same exact thing. I put in 1000ppm on friday. And today and am at around 1050?!!:hmmmm:

My HPS plants are eating the nutes like cazy! :morenutes:

Hiya Acer, nice pics by the way. The tips look a slightly burned and could have happened early on, I wouldn't be able to say without being the grower. That is just one of the sure signs that it couldn't handle the ppms at that time. As I said before, plants have varying needs through out the day and not just at different life cycles. In recirculating systems there is always waste product build up so using ppm as a guide to how much your plant is eating isn't quite accurate. I use ppm levels to keep from burning plants as much as reading the leaf tips. As to what the plant is eating, I have to go on what research has shown it uses at different times in its life and make sure I supply enough of it to begin with. The plant will let you know if you haven't been giving it enough of what it needs better than a ppm meter that can only tell you an approx. amount of "total disolved solids" or converted EC. It doesn't tell you the make up of those solids. So I agree with Green, use the numbers as a guideline, especially because different meters can have quite a varience in readings between them. Man... don't smoke OG Kush and just sit down to browse the boards... bad idea.. sorry for the rant.. nice job on the grow bro!:tokin:
Dr Dan,

You can smoke OG Kush and post on my journal anytime!! Half the time I am posting I am baked too!!! :blunt:
Just so you know. I am using 5 gallon buckets, not a recirculating system like I will next time.

I think I understand what you are saying. I will use the numbers as a guideline at the same time watch the plants to make sure the leaves are not telling a story of whoa!! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom