90W LED Two Plant Deep Water Culture Grow

I'd suggest or you might consider asking Soniq420 in a PM (administrator here and very helpful person) could he possibly put a LED, maybe like a UFO, in the Smileys so that anyone could add it to their signature.

I googled UFO gif and found all kinds of possibilities.

That's cool, Roseman. Good idea.

Ya I am thinking of doing a couple separate thing as making the tent my large plant large yield and I kinda wanna put smaller plants in the closet, I have 20 auto flowers coming right now. Plan on putting all 20 in at the same time lol.

SG

I'm fighting PH fluctuations. I added the CaMg+ and PH was 5.9. Yesterday I rotated the plants 90 degrees and PH was 6.2. Last night I checked PH and it was crazy high, like 7.6. I brought it back down. This morning, same thing. PH was 7.8. WTF?!
I looked at the water and it was cloudy. Time for my Saturday water change anyway.
After I drained it, there was a leaf floating in there as well as a piece of aluminum foil from my lid. I cleaned the reservoir and got things back to normal. We will see what happens.
I do have one question. Should I ever rinse my roots. The only reason I ask is if smaller leaves get in the reservoir and get caught up in the roots, is it okay to just rinse them out?? Would I use the 7.0 water out of the tap or do I need to use PH balanced water to rinse the roots?

I'm fighting PH fluctuations. I added the CaMg+ and PH was 5.9. Yesterday I rotated the plants 90 degrees and PH was 6.2. Last night I checked PH and it was crazy high, like 7.6. I brought it back down. This morning, same thing. PH was 7.8. WTF?!
I looked at the water and it was cloudy. Time for my Saturday water change anyway.
After I drained it, there was a leaf floating in there as well as a piece of aluminum foil from my lid. I cleaned the reservoir and got things back to normal. We will see what happens.
I do have one question. Should I ever rinse my roots. The only reason I ask is if smaller leaves get in the reservoir and get caught up in the roots, is it okay to just rinse them out?? Would I use the 7.0 water out of the tap or do I need to use PH balanced water to rinse the roots?

I dont know about rinsing I just let them air dry when changing water.

SG

PH has been stable for 24hrs. :) Everything looks great. Amazing how a leaf or piece of foreign debris gets in the tank and can set that PH into an upward spiral. If I hadn't drained the tank completely, it would have went unnoticed. I did not use the 8 step recovery process, but I think I could have benefited from it. Once I found the debris, the PH fluctuated for a while. Perhaps that peroxide would have put stabilized things sooner....

PH has been stable for 24hrs. :) Everything looks great. Amazing how a leaf or piece of foreign debris gets in the tank and can set that PH into an upward spiral. If I hadn't drained the tank completely, it would have went unnoticed. I did not use the 8 step recovery process, but I think I could have benefited from it. Once I found the debris, the PH fluctuated for a while. Perhaps that peroxide would have put stabilized things sooner....

It should, good find :)

SG

Looks like you are going to have some nice, dense, bushy plants on your hands, great job, keep up the great work and looking forward to seeing you new pics....

Week 8 Pics are here. The CaMg+ has really helped. The leaves are losing that tiger stripe look and def more green now. Thanks for all of those who told me to "get on it".
IMG_12253.jpg

IMG_12281.jpg

IMG_12442.jpg

IMG_12311.jpg

IMG_12571.jpg

IMG_12561.jpg

IMG_12612.jpg

IMG_12732.jpg

IMG_12692.jpg

IMG_12742.jpg

IMG_12752.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

Looking good brother Spy. Nice Avatar also!:peace:

Thanks ledtester!
I have done that for a day at a time a few times. I can easily adjust the UFO to point any direction I want it to go. Why? What do you have in mind?

Your plants are nice and thick when you start flowering it would help you if you took advantage of the corner of the tent for some reflection.can uou move it over a bit along with the tub..your light is round and grow area is square so taping mylar around the light is impracticle. just a suggestion to help the LED out...They work good in confined spaces.

Your plants are nice and thick when you start flowering it would help you if you took advantage of the corner of the tent for some reflection.can uou move it over a bit along with the tub..your light is round and grow area is square so taping mylar around the light is impracticle. just a suggestion to help the LED out...They work good in confined spaces.

Thats a great idea, ledtester. I'll definitely do that. Thanks for subscribing!

So, Mrs. Spy has planned a vacation for us the second week of June. Starting on 12/12 tonight. I wanted to wait until they were mature, but can you imagine how that conversation would go? "Honey, I don't want to go to Hawaii. My two plants still have three weeks to go."
Now I have some reading to do about flowering.

Back
Top Bottom