Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & DWCt, White Widow Max

Re: Acers Closet Garden - Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & SH Deep Water Culture unit, White Widow

Definitely a THICK Canopy, Maximize that 3X3. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It is going to get alot thicker in there.

I will do my best!! :surf:

Re: Acers Closet Garden - Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & SH Deep Water Culture unit, White Widow

Just got finished reading up on your journal nice setup things are looking mighty nice cant wait to see more! :thumb: Ill be sure to keep in on this one!:goodjob:
Thanks AFL for tunning in!!!

I will post more pics tomorrow!! :surf:

NUTE CHANGE DAY..

I changed the nutes a day early again because my PH/PPM meter was sent back by the manufacturer by another defective unit. If they keep it up. I will spend more on postage fees than the what the meter cost in the first place. I hope to get a fully functional meter back soon.

PPM 1500
PH 6 Range

Both Tent and Cabinet plants only have about 6 more inches of room left to grow upwards. I am running out of space and might have to to some plant bending soon.

Female hairs are very pronounced on the HID plants.

No hairs yet on the LED. I am expecting signs any day.

I have come to the conclusion that I will not ever use the LED for flowering again. I will continue using the LED for the first stages of veg.

HID TENT GIRLS

8-19-10_063.JPG

8-19-10_051.JPG

8-19-10_057.JPG

8-19-10_052.JPG

LED CABINET

8-19-10_061.JPG

Thanks for viewing!!

How are your temps doing?

I say leave the light for awhile longer in the same place because the stretch is almost over, after you are sure it has stopped then i'd say move it up. However they are looking great!

SG

Acer, I agree 100% LEDs seem better for vegging,I've had 3 wks of flowering with a 288 watter and the buds are looking the same the plant is growing every day but the flowers don't seem to be thickening at all. Between wks 2 and 3 theres not much diference at all, but the plant is still growing and it smells great and its sticky plenty of crystals developing on the trim leaves but the flowers just don't seem to be getting bigger?! Are you seeing this as well ? Thanks guy, Your tent girls look like there on steroids !! Nice !!

How are your temps doing?

I say leave the light for awhile longer in the same place because the stretch is almost over, after you are sure it has stopped then i'd say move it up. However they are looking great!

SG

During the day I am between 74 and 80 degrees depending on when the main ac kicks on for my home.

I am sure the stretch seem to be very close to over. I will wait till I think the main branch is done and move.:surf:

Thanks for your input!!

Yes they are looking marvelous man, they should be about done growing vertical, if not, get some stretchy tape and go to work. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That is plan B and I am ready!!!!! :tommy:

Acer, I agree 100% LEDs seem better for vegging,I've had 3 wks of flowering with a 288 watter and the buds are looking the same the plant is growing every day but the flowers don't seem to be thickening at all. Between wks 2 and 3 theres not much diference at all, but the plant is still growing and it smells great and its sticky plenty of crystals developing on the trim leaves but the flowers just don't seem to be getting bigger?! Are you seeing this as well ? Thanks guy, Your tent girls look like there on steroids !! Nice !!

Ol Hippy!

Yes, I am definately dissappointed about the LED's in the flowering department. My first grow I had nothing to compare to so I was happy with my LED results. However, the HID lighting is far far superior for flowering.

I am definately going to continue using the LED's. However, only for the first few weeks vegging.

The HID's are like putting the plants on steroids. It is amazing the results!

I am not seeing any female hairs yet on my LED plants so I cannot tell you about the difference in the buds.

The LED plants do have a nice smell. However, the HID are smelling much stronger.

I spent good money on my LED's so this was a hard fact for me to admit. However, the results speak for themselves.

Its always great to hear from you. Thank for stoppin by!!:)

Acer, I may just put my hps back up to finish this grow the buds seem to be just sitting there ?! I'll just have to put that big nasty vortec fan back up !!In case the heat gets to bad..I've got 4 NLs vegging in a closet and there lookin pretty damn good , I'd hate to see them over vegged waiting for the 2 clones to finish...could be worse I could be out of weed completly ..plus my LED has a few bulbs out (maybe a loose wire ?) and when I tried to call them there phone is disconnected !! bummer hope there still around !? Live and learn :peace: have a great wkend Acer..

Acer, I may just put my hps back up to finish this grow the buds seem to be just sitting there ?! I'll just have to put that big nasty vortec fan back up !!In case the heat gets to bad..I've got 4 NLs vegging in a closet and there lookin pretty damn good , I'd hate to see them over vegged waiting for the 2 clones to finish...could be worse I could be out of weed completly ..plus my LED has a few bulbs out (maybe a loose wire ?) and when I tried to call them there phone is disconnected !! bummer hope there still around !? Live and learn :peace: have a great wkend Acer..

I hope you can get satisfaction on your LED's. That is not a good sign with thier phone disconnected. :rolleyes3

For the 1st 3 to 4 weeks the LEDs work great. However the LED's loose thier intensity the farther away they from the plants very quickly.

I just cannot believe the flowers on my HID's and absolutely no flowers on my LEDs. I am sorry but that totally sucks! :cough:

Builder PMd me back this morning and sais he'd send me a new power supply for the burned out section, but I till feel that ,as you say , these LEDs are not that great for flowering. I may just switch to my HPS for flowering and just keep the LED for vegging !! Now I think my gf and I will head down south to pick up some goodies to smoke ...Have a good wkend Acer...

Builder PMd me back this morning and sais he'd send me a new power supply for the burned out section, but I till feel that ,as you say , these LEDs are not that great for flowering. I may just switch to my HPS for flowering and just keep the LED for vegging !! Now I think my gf and I will head down south to pick up some goodies to smoke ...Have a good wkend Acer...

Ol Hippy,

After my last post with you I looked at my LED 's and noticed a few burnt out bulbs on my LED's. The Red bulbs. Maybe that is why I am not getting results. :hmmmm:

I swear I have looked at my timer and also double checked several times to make sure I am getting a true 12/12 in my LED cabinet and everything checks fine. The plants are stretching great but still no hairs. :dreamy:

Anyways, about the heading down south to get some goodies to smoke.... Sounds Great!!!

I have some of SG's Pineapple Chunk I picked up from SG's island!! It is pretty TASTY!! :yummy:

Howdy Acer, Man I'm glad I didn't change to my HPS yesterday it got up to 88 here today so with my 288 led and the tent door open it got to maybe 84 in there today, I'd still like to get that HPS in that tent as the LED just isn't really doing a lot for those buds ...We went south to get 1/4 yesterday, pisses me off to pay 120 bucks for a fucken 1/4 oz of weed !! Oh well at least I'm back to work for a while ....:peace:

Ol Hippy,

So much for weed prices comming down.... I was reading in the latest High Times how weed was getting alot cheaper because there is an oversupply!!

I am tired of paying high prices for weed too. I hope to be self sufficient within the next few months.

It has been very hot down here too.

I am fortunate to be able to vent my house ac directly into my tent or I would be in big trouble!! :hookah:

That may be what I have to do if it keeps getting hotter ! Maybe pick up a small room ac unit then I could go back to my 400 HPS, might improve the buds growth , the led isn't that great for flowering ... I wish it would get cheaper ! last wk I paid 65 bucks for an 1/8 of NL and it didn't seem that good ... :peace:

You've come a long way bro, lookin' good. :thumb:

Just a little FYI for ya.
From the journals I've read using LED, the consensus seems to be you need the same wattage as HID to get good flowering results with the LED. So a 180W LED is not as good as a 400W HID. If you get good results with 400W of HID, then you should get similar results using 400W of LED. LED results are also dependent on the angle, the wider angle 120's cover more sqft but do not get the penetration.

I'm currently watching Setting Suns LED vs HID grow with approx the same wattage. This grow will answer alot of questions. BeIre and IrishBoy have journals using LED with great results.

For me, I just cant see dropping $2000 on a LED when $600 for HID, AC Hood, and Vent Fan do the job.

You've come a long way bro, lookin' good. :thumb:

Just a little FYI for ya.
From the journals I've read using LED, the consensus seems to be you need the same wattage as HID to get good flowering results with the LED. So a 180W LED is not as good as a 400W HID. If you get good results with 400W of HID, then you should get similar results using 400W of LED. LED results are also dependent on the angle, the wider angle 120's cover more sqft but do not get the penetration.

I'm currently watching Setting Suns LED vs HID grow with approx the same wattage. This grow will answer alot of questions. BeIre and IrishBoy have journals using LED with great results.

For me, I just cant see dropping $2000 on a LED when $600 for HID, AC Hood, and Vent Fan do the job.

I convinced him of this lol, however ultimately was up to him = /

SG

Thanks SG, Yes the Canopy is awsome!!!! These plants are growing very fast. I am trying to not raise the light so much to allow the other braches to catch up!

The stalks are health too...

015180.JPG

016161.JPG

HAIRS LOOKING AT YOU!!

007346.JPG

Cabinet LED Girl Group Photo

005409.JPG

HID Tent Girl Group Photo

005_2_4.JPG

I will post more photos later.

Thanks

I think i just got inspired for another mini project, nice stuff btw