Kruiz's 1st Deep Water Culture Grow, White Widow and White Castle

kruizin

After selling off the bloombox and upgrading some equipment, I've decided to give this Deep Water Culture thing a go. I got all the info on how to do it over at the Deep Water Culture forum. Thanks to all who've helped and given input so far! :smokin:

So what I have here is an upgraded grow room, upgraded lighting (1000 watt), mylar and some venting that I didn't need before...

room112.jpg

The light is about 5' above the babies and would like some suggestions on perhaps moving it closer? I have no experience with HID lighting. The bulb and ballast are a Sunmaster Warm Deluxe Metal Halide for veg, and will be a Hortilux EYE HPS for flower. The ballast is Lumatek.

Here is what my buckets are looking like during the build process:

bucket11.jpg

bucket21.jpg

bucket3.jpg

I take no credit for the schematics of this bucket. All credit goes to the Deep Water Culture and more specifically Roseman for his very in depth tutorial and DIY! :bravo:

And here, last but not least are the girls at day 2 of veg (Not counting clone time). The buckets on the left are White Widow, the buckets on the right are White Caste. Both sativa hybrids. In the bloombox, these ladies were ready after 10-11 of flower. I guess we will see what this grow has to offer?

girlsvegday2.jpg

I am very much looking for comments, suggestions and ideas to make this grow really go! :hookah:

Thanks!

Hey buddy,looks like things are moving on in the right direction,hope this works out for ya,I may have to do something like this in the future so Im in for the long haul,by the way if you don't mind ,how much did u sell box for,I may sell both of mine. :peacetwo:

Hey buddy,looks like things are moving on in the right direction,hope this works out for ya,I may have to do something like this in the future so Im in for the long haul,by the way if you don't mind ,how much did u sell box for,I may sell both of mine. :peacetwo:
Yup, things are definitely moving along....:cool:

Let's just say that I didn't even get close to getting my money back on the bloombox. But, I did get more than enough to buy the equipment I've used for this new grow including the bulbs, ballast, fixture, 6" inline fan (that I haven't installed yet, still using the 4"), mylar, and all the parts and pieces for the buckets.

Thanks for checkin' in oz, I appreciate it! :popcorn:

After some research I decided to move the light down to about 39" from the girls. Here's a picture...

room38.jpg

The room is running between 74-76 degrees in the daytime. The temps in the buckets are running at about 77-78 degrees.

Am I gonna run into trouble here, or is this in the ballpark? I can install a larger inline fan if need be to drop the temps some.

Thanks!

Looks like to me that Temps are right on, wish i could keep mine that low.

:peacetwo:

Looks like to me that Temps are right on, wish i could keep mine that low.

:peacetwo:
Thanks Oz!

I was having some trouble with my temps in the bloombox as well until I added a passive intake and active (4" inline) fan that brought the cool air into the room and took the hot air out and up the chimney. It also helped alot with odor control.

Here's an update after week one of veg. Man, alot of things had to change due to high temps is the res's.

The big fan I had blowing across the room is now outside the room and blowing in fresh air from the basement (about 65 degrees). I bought 4 9" fans to blow air directly through the res's and it's lowered their temps from 77-80, to 72-74 degrees. I also installed a 6" inline fan that sucks cool air from the basement across the bulb and back out of the room and up the chimney. Also, I am now using my 4" inline fan to suck hot air out of the room as well.

Here's some pictures....

intakefan.jpg

the fan that pushes fresh air into the room...

fansbuckets.jpg

the fans that cool the res's....

1stwkvegww2.jpg

white widow clones after week 1 of veg. don't seem to be doing a whole lot. i'll give 'em another week....

1stwkvegww.jpg

also white widow...

1stwkvegwc2.jpg

white castle after week 1 of veg...

1stwkvegwc.jpg

more white castle...

Comments, suggestions, ideas, criticism is all wanted.

:thanks:

Hello All, it's update time again...:grinjoint:

These are the girls as of yesterday and after week two of veg. Obviously, I was/am dealing with an issue of being deficient in magnesium (mg) as can be seen by the yellowing of some of the leaves at the edges. Anyhow, I added some epsom salts to the nutes about 5 days ago and the new growth is looking much better. But, it upped my ppm and caused a little nute burn. Oh well, I'm thinking I've got a handle on it now I hope! :grinjoint:

2ndwkveg.jpg

2ndwkvegww.jpg

White Widow

2ndwkvegwc2.jpg

White Castle

2ndwkvegwc.jpg

White Castle

Ideas, comments, suggestions, and criticism is welcome!

Thanks for lookin'! :hookah:

Hey Buddy,are u still using Advance Nutes, keep up the good work.:theband:

HEY Call the cops man, could of swore you had 8 plants. Someone stoled a bucket!!!!!. LOL

What are your res, temps now. Believe me, you want to keep that down. No higher than 72.
And how are you checking your PH? You are going to want to do that at least once a day.

Else wise they look good. Reps to ya bud.

HEY Call the cops man, could of swore you had 8 plants. Someone stoled a bucket!!!!!. LOL

What are your res, temps now. Believe me, you want to keep that down. No higher than 72.
And how are you checking your PH? You are going to want to do that at least once a day.

Else wise they look good. Reps to ya bud.
:tokin: Oh dude, you are so right, there do seem to be 2 plants missing. Damn neighborhood is really going to hell around here! Actually, the other two that happened to be in the same bucket just did not show any greenery. Plenty of roots grew in the bucket, but nothing that reached for the sky.... :smokin:

My res temps are now averaging between 70-73, much better than they were before. The roots are looking good and there's no smell that I've noticed. I do use a product called hygrozyme and I think it's supposed to eat anything it doesn't think belongs in there, among other things.

I open up each res daily and scoop maybe 1/3 cup of water out and check the PH and the temps. I then adjust accordingly. I shoot for a PH of 5.6, then end up having to bring it back down each day.

Thanks for checkin' in and for the reps, it's appreciated!

Hey Buddy, they look great,u are the man, I may need ur help,I;ve got to set up a grow for mothers so I can clone,those buckets look like a good idea.:bravo:

Man, your going to have a freakin jungle.Looking good. I understand about the PH. I always had to lower mine. I don't think I really had to touch my ph up through my whole grow. Looking good though man. I just put mine on straight water today. I am about done. :)

Man, your going to have a freakin jungle.Looking good. I understand about the PH. I always had to lower mine. I don't think I really had to touch my ph up through my whole grow. Looking good though man. I just put mine on straight water today. I am about done. :)
I look forward to seeing the end results of your grow bro...

Back
Top Bottom