McFly's First Hydro Grow Journal Feb 2018

The clones I took are looking good so far. Also I wanted to catch you up on what is going on in my Flower room.

The cut in half plant has been the flower room for 57 days. The top half was ready at week 7. The Huckleberry Soda, and the Gorilla Glue are plants that have been in Veg. for 4 months and had bug issues. I tried growing in tents and it didn't work out and I lost almost my entire garden.
Pink Lemonade and Huckleberry Soda were over stressed and started to produce pollen sacs. That is why I had cut them down last week. I didn't want any seeds.

It became a hassle working with them. I like my rooms now. They (rooms) make it easier to get at the plants when the lights are off.
Well, it looks like you are ready to get back at it, but the wasted time always hurts.

Here are a few pics of Dutch Treat #2 being switched to Flower from Veg. This is day 40 in Veg.

I took a couple more pictures. The Gorilla Glue is coming down tomorrow. I switched the nutrient solution to rain water and a little sugar. Flushing in Hydro only takes a day or so. Any longer than that you will be flushing out the flavor.
This is day 16 for my clones. I let the room get too cold for the clones. I switched the fluorescent lights from 2 400 watt HID lamps. They made the room warmer and never had problems with clones before.
I am getting ready to take more clones later tonight.
Here is the same cola without the flash.

I took some clones today in veg day 48.

On 4/20/2018 I had taken 2 clones and put them online, I have a 8 bucket drip line set up and when I say online i am meaning it is in one of the open buckets. This is my first time showing how I do it.
These net pots fit over a 5 gallon bucket. When I move plants from the Veg room to the Flower room I am just moving the plant and the net pot.
The good thing about these net pots is that I can reuse them. I wash it with Dawn dish soap. I have used these net pots since 2012.

The net pot is clean and fixed. I attached a 1/2 PVC pipe that I will use with a green garden stake when moving it to the Flower room.

This is the Dutch Treat 2 clone I will be planting. my Veg room is in the 60 degree range and the roots are taking longer to come in. About 16 days or so til they show roots.

The clay pebbles in a colander. I use this colander to rinse off the clay dust off the pebbles. If I didn't I would get is in my reservoir and clog up my drip lines.
I use the plastic cup to help get the pebbles from colander to the net pot.
Depending on how big the clone is I fill the net pot of washed pebbles. Since this Dutch clone is on the smaller end I fill the net pot 3/4 of the way.
The Dutch Treat 2 ready to go online

This is a clone that I got from a friend of mine. I didn't think my White IX clones were going to make it so I got this one as back up.

Ready to go.
White IX in the drip line setup

Here is my Flower room as of 4/24/18

That isn't a grow room, that is a grow house.... BIG!!!

I moved over the Orange Kush from the Veg. room to the Flower room after defoliation.
This is the root ball that was formed in the Veg. room. In this picture you can see the main roots coming down from the bottom net pot and forming the root ball.

This is the Flower room during the girls sleeping time. I have used this bulb for 6 years.

My Veg. room as of 4/26/18.

My Clones as of 4/26/18. When their roots are developed enough I will put her in a net pot and in line

I noticed one of my plants in the Veg room, Pink Lemonade, was getting strange yellow markings and the leafs are from a deep green to leafs pale or yellow around the edges. This is a classic sign of Nitrogen lock-out. The pH of my Veg solution was at 7.2 on the pH meter. Around 6.5+ on the pH meter you will start seeing its affect.

What I did to fix this problem was changing out the nutrients. My Drip irrigation system hold up to 15 gallons of nutrient solution.

Here is some pics I took today in my Veg room. The nutrient solution is a pH level 6.7 22 hours after changing it. Yesterday the pH was 7.2 and I dropped it down with the pH down solution to 5.9. It takes me several days to drop it down to the low 6 to high 5 pH level. After I took these pics I used pH down to lower the solution down to 6.0. will check back on it in a couple of hours.

Back
Top Bottom