McFly's First Hydro Grow Journal Feb 2018

Been a busy day for me and my garden. I made some clones today, planted some clones and moved a plant from Veg to flower. Here are some pictures I took along the way.
This is a pick of the Pink Lemonade. It is getting better from the Nitrogen lock-out due to having a pH level too high.
Here are the clones roots before I plant them.

The dried up Gorilla Glue's root ball.

Here are a few more pictures to show you what I have been doing.
It never fails. As soon as I talked about having the same green bulb for years. It died on me the next day. The new bulb gives off more light and is a 3 watt LED green bulb.
This is a 5 gallon bucket that I will use for the G.G.4 that I am moving from Veg to Flower. I only add 3.5 gallons cause I don't want the bottom of the net pot to be in the solution.

My Veg room now.

G.G.4 defoliated

G.G.4 root ball

added the garden stake to give it support the plant when it gets bigger

Just wanted to give you a update on the Pink Lemonade that was suffering from Nitrogen lock-out. Today is 5 days since the changing the Nuts and dropping the pH from a 7.2 down to 5.7 right now.
Here is before
5 Days later

I switched my Veg. room from on 24/7 to on 18/6 where it is at normally. One of the reasons for it was that my room was getting cold of 59 F or lower. Now that the temperature outside risen I am able to keep the room warm enough for roots to sprout on my clones.

I forgot to tell you all about how the harvest went and how each sample tested out. Well her it goes. The first plant that I had cut down was both the Huckleberry Soda.

The plant was heavily stressed. I was in the Veg Tent for 4 months while I had to build new rooms. My tent experiment was a BIG failure for me.
After she was dried and cured she weighed 96 grams.
She smoked really well, but she didn't have very much of a taste for me. Also she didn't have a oily to it. I am talking about the hemp oil along the stem. I was using a new sweetener that I got at the grow shop. I have since switched back to my old sweetener and the oily texture is back to the norm.
It could have been that since she was stressed that could have been the factor as to why she wasn't oily. I don't know.

Huckleberry Soda tested out at 19.54% on THC potency and the THCa was at 22.28%'
Huckleberry Soda was a one and done strain for me. I didn't want grow her anymore. Her high just made me tired. Being Indica Dominate strain was also a down factor for me. I love Sativa strains the best. She had that pretty purple color going for her, but no keeps.

Pink Lemonade was the next strain I harvested.

This girl is a keeper for me. She has a funk kind a smell. Funk= like White Widow and such. She is an aggressive grower and she takes to being defoliated she grew even better.
When she was dried and cured she weighed in at 152 grams. Her THC Potency was at 20.61%
THCa was at 23.5%. Her Terpenes came in at 1.27 %

She smoked very nicely. The High affect was a nice uplifting some what. The mind is nice and clear. A good Daytime smoke.

Now comes one of the best strains I have ever grown. Gorilla Glue #4. She is a WOW type of high. G.G.4 is a heavy hitter. A friend of mine told me how G.G.4 affected her. She rolled up bud into a joint and smoked all of it. She told me that she had to turn down the TV so she could taste her food better. LOL. That's funny. This is the Gorilla Glue # 4 that I grew.

If you ever get a chance to grow this strain you should jump on it. The High on it feels uplifting, helps with pain, and if you have work to do do not smoke any before because it will never get done. You will be constantly distracted at every thing. It is great for relieving stress.

This was the biggest plant I have grown to date. I Harvested her on 2 different dates. Day 49 in Flower and then Day 60. in total she gave me around 3/4 of a pound. It was a plant that was stressed by being in a Veg tent for 4 months as I built the new Grow and Flower rooms.

She shure has wonderful Diesel smell to her. GG4 is a fairly easy to grow.
The THC Potency for Day 49 was 20.7% and Day 60 was 20.49
The Terpenes for Day 49 was 2.04 and Day 60 was 1.15%

I wanted to see if their was any vantage to grow the GG4 longer than 49 days. I still have to do more research with her.

This is will get me up to date. The last plant I harvested is another Gorilla Glue #4. This plant wasn't stressed like the other one I had recently cut down. I don't have a pic of the plant when it was time to harvest. I was busy with clipping the other girls.
The plant grew very well. I didn't get 3/4 of a pound like the other one. She was 7 weeks in Veg. and 51 days in Flower. This is how well the plant will preformed running a regular Veg. and Flower.
The smell and taste and very nice on this plant. With all the other strains and versions of Gorilla Glue #4. I would have to say that this is my go to plant. She dried nicely and gave me 115 grams. This is in my range of what I expect from every plant. If I don't get around a Quarter Pound or QP. or have a THC Potency in the 20's. I will not grow that strain again.

The THC Potency was 22.42 %
The THCa was 25.56
The total Terpenes came in at 1.87 %

Here are some Pic's from my Veg. room and Flower room as of 5/3/18.
I am waiting for my latest batch of clones to sprout roots and then I will pick 2 clones to fill up my Veg. room.
This is my Dutch Treat #2. I got this plant from a grower friend of mine. My Dutch Treat #1 was one of the casualties From my failed tent experiment. I was able to get some clones from to keep those genetics going.
The Dutch Treat #1 strain has been in my garden for about 6 years. It is my favorite strain out of all other strains that I have grown. The GG4 is a close second. I always take clones of it before I move her over to the Flower room.

I just need to move in with you for like 6 months....we would have all kinds of cool seeds and plants.....so much room....... And SOOOOOOO medicated.....:passitleft:

Hey...I can dream right??!!!

I moved over the Pink Lemonade today. This is the one that had the Nitrogen lock-out. After changing the old solution with a new. % days later she was back to a nice dark green. Here are some pictures for ya.

Today I have to renew my Medical card. I live in Washington state and with a Medical card I can grow up to 15 plants max. It cost me $125 a year, but I am all Legal in my grow. I don't have to worry about the law or anything like that. This allows me to get my girls tested when they are dried and it allows me to pick up clones at any 502 growers shop. 502 growers grow for the recreational pot stores. It is legal in Washington state to have up to 1 ounce of weed when you are walking or driving around.
Most of the 502 growers make crappy weed. I am a marijuana snob I guess. I have been spoiled with the weed I grow. You got to keep in mind that the growers have anywhere from 10,000 or more square feet of canopy space, so they are using hundreds of plants in a room.

Here are some pic's of my Dutch Treat 2 if you watch the "hairs" sticking all the way out on Friday May 4th. Three days later it is starting pulling the "hairs" back in to form the Calyx. This is what makes your buds bigger.

Here is an example of the Caylx full of the "hair" I am using a pic of the Gorilla Glue #4 to show you what it looks like.

Here is a list of the 8 plants I have in Flower as of today May 8th.
Dutch Treat #2 date of going to flower 3/29/18 40 days in flower
White IX date of moved to Flower 4/9/18 29 days in Flower
Blue Dream moved to Flower 4/11/18 27 days in Flower
Dutch Treat #1 moved to Flower 4/20/18 18 days in Flower
Spirit in the Sky moved to Flower 4/23/18 15 days in Flower
Orange Kush Moved to Flower 4/26/18 12 days in Flower
Gorilla Glue #4 Moved to Flower 4/29/18 9 days in Flower
Pink Lemonade moved to Flower 5/6/18 2 days in Flower

I will take pic's tonight to show you the different stages of Flower the girls are at. Soon I will be harvesting a plant or two almost every week.

I wasn't able to get pic's last night. I had a bad headache I will try again tonight. Here are pic's of the Veg room now.

They all look nice and healthy. The pH of the solution is 5.9

Nice mate! Some big whoppers amongst these. How do u find growing multi strains? As for how they react to feed light etc differently? I have just bought myself a green head lamp to go in but heard mixed reviewsand people saying dont know if they fully trust them to do no harm. I need to move to the US, the weed laws are brilliant. Just been watching a documentary on Netflix called super high me its based in California and has me eager to go.

Thank you Cush. Some strains don't work well with others. The reason I have so many plants going like I do is to find the plants that will thrive in the Veg and Flower with the defoliation and other processes I do. The Dutch Treat #1 I have had since I started in Hydro in 2012. I love that I can grow with out the worries of being caught.

Back
Top Bottom