AfricanGrower's 2nd Hydro Journal - Perpetual - Multi-Strain - 2014

Thanxx AG for obliging in my selfish request. You sure are a busy beaver these days.

Hey Sky, thanks for the kind words. Regarding your question on the tote, I don't believe that this tote would be able to handle the weight of more than 3 plants in 2 gallon pots. It was a 11$ tote from the Wall and was one of three that wasn't already cracked. I would suggest making a frame out of 2x4 that the tote can sit on. That should give adequate support. I will take clearer pictures and provide a link to the tote I have. The dimensions are 3ft by 2ft.

Reg, I always try to keep my subscribers happy. It's always a pleasure to have you read my updates ;)

Looking great AG!! Its nice to see the video vs. the journal, to get a better idea of you space and grow. Great update. Subscribed to your youtube channel.
Cheers man. ;)

UPDATE
December 23 2014

Hello 420, back again this week with another update. I will mention some key points in this update:

1. A close eye is being kept on the plants in vegetative growth due to deficiencies this whole week.

2. All nodes in veg have been TOPed for the second time.

3. The aero cloner has shown signs of yellowing leaves but more than 7 days later, we still have no roots

4. Plants in flower are all doing well. Slight Nutrient burn on the PF and CB do to PPM rising above 950.

5. The GPD and OG have started to show signs of pistil development.

6. I have started to use an alternative to brewing a weekly tea

PART 1: Video

December 21 2014

PART 2: Pictures

Flower Room

I just caught the plants at "lights off" so you'll be able to see the extent of the frostiness ;)

20141220_073118.jpg
20141220_073117.jpg
20141220_073059.jpg

20141221_191046.jpg
20141221_191022.jpg
20141221_191038.jpg
20141221_191030.jpg
20141221_191054.jpg

Below, I have the plants on a recirculating feed running 3 times a day for 15min periods.

20141221_191100.jpg
20141221_191106.jpg

I have noticed during the first week of flower and the the final 3 weeks of flower are the most important times to maintain constant nutrient levels. The transition from veg to flower as well as the period where the plant enters rapid bud production iARE the points where the PPM levels fluctuate the most.

20141221_190144.jpg

I have found to counteract any potential nutrient deficiencies, changing my reservoir frequently during theses periods is a simple solution!

20141221_190113.jpg
20141221_185932.jpg
20141221_190104.jpg
20141221_185923.jpg
20141221_185918.jpg
20141221_190002.jpg
20141221_190016.jpg
20141221_190028.jpg
20141221_190036.jpg

On another note, I have found a potential alternative to brewing a weekly tea. Those of us who use the Heisenberg Tea method know how messy and incontinent brewing tea can be. The product is called Recharge, and you simply mix in the powder with RO water and pour onto the root zone, AS EASY AS PIE! Literally the only thing that is required is a quick mix of the ingredients ( I aerate using an air stone for 10-15min) and you are set. Reading the ingredient list, the product has all the elements of Heisenberg Tea including molasses and myco's. I will give my opinion and results using this product in my next update:thumb:

20141220_135552.jpg

I do have a very small concern in that I spotted a brass fitting I think in your veg tent. I have no real reason to be alarmed and this likely stems from a stoner (as Capn would say), but I do make effort to ensure nothing I use is metal. If your research suggests otherwise, I'd appreciate to be updated regarding use of metal in the food.

Sorry I completely missed this Sky. No I have no research disproving/approving the use of metal in feed lines. I am sure there is some leeching going on, but these were the only fittings available at the hardware store. I have been looking for hydro sets with individual feeder tubes. May you send me a link to that hydro store you recommend that carbon scrubber?

Looking great AG!! Its nice to see the video vs. the journal, to get a better idea of you space and grow. Great update. Subscribed to your youtube channel.
Cheers man.

Nice to see you Stealth. I appreciate the kind words.

Yes, I feel that the pictures don't really give a realistic perspective of space and depth, the video format also has its drawbacks as well. Quick question, do you find your OG Kush to be an easy strain to train, or do you find it does better without some sort of trellis?

The video is set to private so we can't watch it yet. I heard some pretty good things about Recharge, just can't remember where. Hope that pans out, actually, I expect it will. I recently was gifted some Hydroguard and mix it into my new res @ 2ml/gal, and not until the very end when the PH is adjusted and settled. This has taken away much of the stress of keeping to the tea schedule and I know the roots are happy because I see them at every drain hole waving :yahoo:

I found a new store for plumbing supplies today when I picked up some new syringes. Tractor Supply Co. is a farm store that I usually find located in mostly rural areas (but not always) and they have many useful supplies that would complement the DIY grower. They even have a heated bucket to keep horse water from freezing, that might be good for clones. Also saw rabbit cages that had flood table(like) tubs at the base, but they have a nice plethora of plastic fittings that terminate into barbs for use with poly hoses.

Merry Xmas AG

Thank you for the holiday wishes Reg! I hope you enjoy yours aswell.

Sky, I found out we have a Tractor SUpply Co. in my area, so I will have a look at their supply and see what I can fit and replace.

The video has been set to Public for your viewing pleasure!!!!!

Great shoot! Everything looks very balanced and well kept. As far as the dehumidifier frequency, the Arduino can definitely perform this function and when I get skooled on it, my most recent purchases should be able to test this as I got 2 Temp/RH sensors and a relay shield and 2 high amp relays for my lights, but a DH could easily be plugged in, or a light bulb or whatever, something to demonstrate that "if" a condition exceeds ZZ% RH, Relay energizes till YY% is reached.

Looking great AG, love the videos.

I saw that The Capn reviewed "Recharge" and loved it, I can't wait to see if you like as well.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom