Multi Strain, Perpetual, Capn Style, Multi Room

Assuming your 400cfm fan pulls 200cfm through ducts and filters and what not, I'd slap a timer on it so it runs 5 minutes and is off for twentyfive minutes.

I'd keep the flower room door closed and put a carbon filter where air comes in as well as on the exhaust side. The exhaust side needs to exhaust out of the house so you are recycling humid air.

That will give you two air exchanges per hour, and control the odor issue. Even if you shut this down the concept is sound for and grow build.

I hear you Sky. The last thing we need in our lives is more stress.
Lack of funds; the story of my life.

400 CFM fan is likely the cheapest ever made,... EVER! With that said, it sounds very loud, and being in an attic of an old house would be the equivalent to a fire house siren, or a similar analogy. The stink increased and has over powered the Ona so I have no choice but to tie in the carbon filter and hopefully the push from this small quiet fan will keep the humidity down for 7-10 more days. I might be doing another premature chop session. God I hope not!

Do you have a box fan? 24" x 24" filters fit on them you can tape them on in pull through fashion. Use a couple stacked carbon home filters if that's within your budget.

I'm not ready to say that's going to do everything you need them to do, but they will curb some of the odor production.

If the small fan runs quietly it might be enough so long as the exhaust is going outside so you don't recirculate humid air.

I would put the fan on some form of humidity switch that way you conserve energy when you can.

Hell I'd be duct taping the crap out of a box fan if quite needed to happen, they are cheap and run for ever, just needs a bit of creativity to make it work.

Starting flush tonight on one, a week from today on the other and we'll see what's what for the 3rd. After that, just veg, no flower and I will continue to search for a good location that is easy to work with, discrete, and has some sound deadening qualities. In my down time I plan to spend quite a bit of effort developing my Automation Project. Last night I got my code to run so a relay will trigger if preset temp/humidity conditions get out of range. Next week I will add in a clock to assign time triggers to other relays which in turn will translate into a single system that controls it all. After that I'll focus on getting it online with data logging capabilities. After that I'll focus on the plumbing aspect of inlet RO water and waste (after res) water with solenoid valves and pumps. Then it's onto measuring PH and PPM in each of the reservoirs, and having the ability through peristaltic pumps to pull nutrients straight from the jug and into the res tank. This would give us precise measurements at the beginning, and the ability to "stabilize" those values until res change, or as desired. And last, but not least, I'm hoping to get a video feed added, but that'll likely be better than a year out.

Just to have the ability to schedule all of my events off a single very accurate digital clock is the cake for me. Everything else is just icing. THC laced icing of course!

Wow ! Thats the future right there. If you pull all that off you've got a business opportunity to sell your idea. you need to make some kind of super tent that comes with all the trimmings, id certainly be interested. See you on dragons den soon matey.

I am being taught to grow from "the community" for free and am also learning to program micro controllers also from "the community" for free, so I feel obligated to return to "the community" at least something of equal or greater value than what I take out. So my project and my assistance will be given free at least here on 420 and also the Arduino forum. That aside, there should still be plenty of room to earn something, but I was never the one that desired to get ahead of anyone else, I just wanna live.

I took some snaps up in flower tonight. What I am now about 95% certain to be Sage and Sour is locked an loaded. ALL of her fan leaves have been removed. A trichome inspection revealed roughly 5%-10% amber, the rest mostly cloudy/milky. The Cherry Bomb is also just days behind in terms of ripeness, but I'll keep her on the 860ppm for the rest of the week then she too will get nothing but RO. Most of her fan leaves have also been removed and hopefully her lower nodes will darken some. The final Cherry Bomb is in dire need of a transplant, but I don't want to risk shock this late into flower so she is going to finish in that little pot she's in, I think it's a 3.5 gal. Every night at lights on I've been taking a reading off each res and paying attention to the ppm climb. It seems that they are all a bit more of drinkers than eaters because the ppm can easily climb +150 per week, possibly more if the mix is strong in the beginning. With that in mind, I am starting the res @ 850 ppm even though my target number is 900-950. This way I can let it walk itself up without a chance for another nute burn. This approach has been working well for the past 3-4 weeks. My notes are recorded as I view the plants. The S&S on the right, CB in the middle, and the tall CB on the left. PPM/PH - PPM/PH - PPM/PH

IMG_20150323_223911_860.jpg
IMG_20150323_223922_781.jpg
IMG_20150323_223946_264.jpg
IMG_20150323_223958_049.jpg
IMG_20150323_224006_871.jpg
IMG_20150323_224049_749.jpg
IMG_20150323_224635_636.jpg

Also, I accidentally nipped off a nug from the middle cherry bomb. There are some beautiful colors for the eye to behold and the smell is of a strong citrus dish soap like Ajax. Pleasant, but overwhelming. Almost done gang.

Good golly, I've been trimming for roughly 9 hours straight and I'm only about half way into it. The Sage and Sour came down tonight on it's 80th day since 12/12. I took some pics, and also shot a video. I washed my buds according to Doc Bud's Bud Washing procedure as outlined on Hiker's Bud Washing thread. Because I had so many RH issues throughout bloom, I opted to also do an H2O2 wash to kill any possible spores. The product smells way better now and the colors are vibrant. I will get a picture of my lines tomorrow when I can isolate the light color. If you are not a proponent of Bud Washing, please watch the video and read the first post of the Bud Washing thread.

Hopefully I can take the rest down tomorrow, finish the wash and trim it all in the next 24 hours. Res changes are on Sunday and I will start flushing the Cherry Bomb in the middle. Here's pics and the vid.

IMG_20150327_215614_916.jpg
IMG_20150327_215603_643.jpg
IMG_20150327_213702_059.jpg
IMG_20150327_213520_680.jpg
IMG_20150327_213506_296.jpg
IMG_20150323_224006_871.jpg
IMG_20150323_224049_749.jpg
IMG_20150327_213529_172.jpg

-----3) Hot water------------------------------------1) H2O2
4) RO-----------------2) Lemon juice/baking soda

This is the order of my buckets. 20-30 seconds in each while being oscillated through the water. Also, may have added an old pic to the above lineup by mistake.

[video=youtube;PUXMBcsAFgw]
[/video]

Congrats on the harvest dude!!!!!!! It's been a while, but I had been watching here and there as life has taken a few turns for me and I haven't been on the internet all that much lately due to my new job.. The washing works great, and I found that it dries the bud WAAAAAAAAAY faster when you use the H2O2, so keep that in mind when you're drying those massive buds!!!!! I'd say, all in all, you've done a fantastic job and even with all of the setbacks and such, you've still grown a beautiful plant to harvest!!!!!! Have you ever considered hitting things like Craigslist and going to yard sales to find solutions to your grow?? I started doing that more towards the end, before I had to stop.. I've got so many ideas for when I start growing again, it's gonna drive me crazy!!! lol

Great job!!!

Hey, what's up Twizzle? Yeah, it's been a minute since I seen you around these parts. Any rough idea when you can break beans again? As far as Craigslist, if you mean for a new spot, that will be one place I look at, but I gotta get some funds up first so it might be a minute before I can restart somewhere safer though.

Unfortunately, it's still gonna be a while, maybe a year or so before I can start again.. I thought it was going to be sooner, but financially, things got worse quick but I'm finally starting to rebound a little.. Let's hope I can keep up the momentum!!

When I was mentioning Craigslist, I was thinking more of the hardware and gear you need to alleviate your ventilation issues.. I'm not sure how reliable CL is for you down there, but it's pretty solid up here, and I can often re-purpose something or get creative.. I'm sure you could find some sort of fans or ways to dehumidify your space.. With the warmer weather coming, that may also be a good time to consider that spike of humidity.. I wonder if throwing a few of those moisture absorption buckets in there might bring the numbers down a little bit?? I know they're relatively cheap, and I'm pretty sure ever Lowe's, Home Depot and other hardware store carries them.. I suppose depending on the amount of air exchange going on, but I know you understand what I'm saying..

How long did it take to chop the rest of the SS??

Haha, funny you should ask that. I now just took down the remaining "hash" buds, or middies, depending how they look when dried. Still gotta wait for numbers, but I estimate 3/4LB of premium and about another 1/2LB of middies. By adding a thorough wash to my harvest, the large amount of middies has made for a very long harvest for a single plant. Trimming tiny buds with crazy amounts of tiny fan leaves is definitely killing the clock, but I'm almost free and clear. Because the Cherry Bomb is doing so well and can be harvested right now, a 5 day flush will put her right in the sweet spot and it looks as if every last nug is premium, so trimming should be much faster.

As far as humidity, I got all that under control now, odor is suppressed as well and I am considering sending just 2 or 3 more plants through, but that's an "in my head" argument that needs to be ironed out off board, so we'll see.

Haha, funny you should ask that. I now just took down the remaining "hash" buds, or middies, depending how they look when dried. Still gotta wait for numbers, but I estimate 3/4LB of premium and about another 1/2LB of middies. By adding a thorough wash to my harvest, the large amount of middies has made for a very long harvest for a single plant. Trimming tiny buds with crazy amounts of tiny fan leaves is definitely killing the clock, but I'm almost free and clear. Because the Cherry Bomb is doing so well and can be harvested right now, a 5 day flush will put her right in the sweet spot and it looks as if every last nug is premium, so trimming should be much faster.

As far as humidity, I got all that under control now, odor is suppressed as well and I am considering sending just 2 or 3 more plants through, but that's an "in my head" argument that needs to be ironed out off board, so we'll see.

Hit that shit at least a dozen times for me!

Congrats Sky.

Nice one brother

Back
Top Bottom