ToG's - Multi-Strain SOG

DADGAD is too major of a chord, you would need something minor for a metal type song bro :D for metal i would just stick with a standard drop d or go down do drop c witch is CGCFAD i think. its just a whole step down from drop d. i rock out in DADF#AC# cause its like DADGAD but minor and just :D makes me :D face lol

You guys are killing me here...... All of you know better.... :loopy:

Sorry about that! I seem to have Over medicated and It slipped my mind :):party:

DADGAD is too major of a chord, you would need something minor for a metal type song bro :D for metal i would just stick with a standard drop d or go down do drop c witch is CGCFAD i think. its just a whole step down from drop d. i rock out in DADF#AC# cause its like DADGAD but minor and just :D makes me :D face lol

Hey with a creative mind you can accomplish anything! I have written a few progressive metal songs that utilize Dadgad. I mainly use it for Irish folk songs and fingerstyle playing!

Looking mighty good TOG :thumb:

I have your wonderful products that have definitely played a big role in how things look now. :adore:

lookin good TOG

seems we have about a week difference in our Aurora plants will be glad to see the development.

:bravo:

Yeah. I wont have any buds off these girls. They will become mothers(At least one of them) I am loving the Aurora Indica thus far. It can only get better!

Everything looking really healthy, they'l start taking off in a week or so!

I have been doing a lot of training lately so it has been slow but once they establish themselves, they will make awesome mothers.

Hey TOG, sup! I'm just strolling around and thought I'd stop in bro..where's the hemp brews and the...oh, never mind...I see Be Irie and Propa over there with it.. you may continue with the badassness of the soil grow...

SUSCRIBED

Thanks for popping in Sisco! Glad to see you here. Irie was just scolding us and Propa has been a total help in my other grow(First grow)

Hope you enjoy the rest of this grow! I will try no to disappoint! :Namaste:

Mini Update: My schedule will finally return to normal after a hectic few weeks so stick around for Wednesday Pic Update! I have a few things to go over here now so I thought I would fill you guys in.

So I am deciding whether or not I want to keep Lemon Skunk and Hindu Kush for my SOG setup. I might just flower them in all honesty. They are not as strong as I would like them to be and I have some strains on the list which I will be ordering in the near future.

Here is a list of strains you will be seeing in the near future on this journal:

• Blue Venom - Feminized
  • Super Silver Haze - Feminized
  • Sour Kush(Headband) - Feminized
  • Skywalker - Feminized
  • Sage - Feminized

Plenty of things will be going on in the following months and I hope you guys don't get too bored with the setup of things. Can't rush perfection right? I wanna do this right. I learned a lot this time around and I want it to shine through on this journal. I wanna prove to myself that I have what it takes to be a great grower.

The Hindu Kush are looking great except #1. They are just up and down too much for me to want to continue you this strain. I think I am just going to let these grow nice and big and flower them(maybe take a few clones to flower even more while I wait to start up my SOG)

Aurora Indica and Blackjack are doing great. They are from Nirvana seeds so I wouldn't expect anything less. I will top these girls in about 1 week and 2-3 weeks after that they will go down into 1gal pots.

I will be starting my new project this week! So keep an eye out for that. I should be done by the weekend. I have a lot going on and have been very busy. Thanks everyone for sticking through it even though my posting has been minimal.

:peacetwo: And Stay Medicated. :lot-o-toke: ToG

hey TOG, those new strains sound delicious

are u gonna be getting your sour kush from reserva privada???

im interested in their seedbank, i think my next order might be from their bank
these were the four that really interested me

Reserva Privada Purple Wreck
Reserva Privada Tora Bora
Reserva Privada Sour Kush AKA Headband
Reserva Privada Sour Diesel

unfortunately they are like always out of stock at attitude so when i see them all up im grabbin em

hey TOG, those new strains sound delicious

are u gonna be getting your sour kush from reserva privada???

im interested in their seedbank, i think my next order might be from their bank
these were the four that really interested me

Reserva Privada Purple Wreck
Reserva Privada Tora Bora
Reserva Privada Sour Kush AKA Headband
Reserva Privada Sour Diesel

unfortunately they are like always out of stock at attitude so when i see them all up im grabbin em

Yes it is. They have them in stock at Castle seeds. They are a :420: sponsor so you can get to them real quick. I am very excited to grow that. Headband and Sage have been on my list of "things to grow" for a while now and they were just too rich for my blood since I was still on my first grow. I think now I am have the knowledge to do it right.

Pic Update: 11/30/2011 It is a little late but I got it in on the day I said I was going to. I have a few things to go over so stick with me. No worries though, If you don't feel like reading I will have plenty of pics to look at. Lets get on with it!

Click Above to view Feeding Schedule​

Since I have multiple plants at different stages of life I use both Veg I and Veg II pending on the age of the plants. I will go more into detail on which used which in each section.

Hindu Kush

#1 Not looking so great. My temps have been abnormally high lately and just isn't standing up to everything. Started out my favorite and is now my least favorite of the three. Just been having a few issues and overall not looking the greatest.

#2 Didn't impress me all through the early stages but now is my favorite. Very bushy and healthy leaves. No issues so note.

#3 Trucking along with no issues. The new growth is coming in and the secondary tops are trying to catch the canopy.

IMG_16338.JPG
IMG_16347.JPG

These will all be flowered and will not be mothers at all. I decided that this strain just isn't strong enough for my liking. Instead I am getting some sour Kush to replace these.

Lemon Skunk

#1 Not much to say. Dark green and really healthy. On the verge of being rootbound. Tomorrow will be transplant day.

#2 Stretched a lot in the last few days. Also is a lighter green compared to the other two. A few leaf issues but I believe it is a problem caused by root crowding.

#3 Looking really nice with minimal to no discoloration. The new tops are strong and no complaints at all.

IMG_16256.JPG
IMG_16265.JPG

Another Strain that I feel wont be carried on for my SOG set up. I will flower these seedlings once they get to the size I feel comfortable at. Most likely sometime mid or end December they will go down into the flower room.

Lemon Skunk Clones

#1 I have no idea what this plant is doing. She is stretching like crazy. I have topped her several time and she just isn't filling in like I want her to. I will top a couple times and veg for about 2-3 more weeks before flowering her.

#2 The healthier of the two vegging clones. Growth is compact and looking nice. I am going to let her get a bit taller and top once more and then down into flower.

IMG_16313.JPG
IMG_16326.JPG

Aurora Indica

#1 Loving these girls. The leaves just look wonderful. Nice and sharp looking. Compact node structure and very sturdy stem.

#2 Like #1 about the same. There is a size difference in the plants as you will be able to tell from the canopy shot. They started vegging at the same time but there is a noticeable difference.

IMG_16276.JPG
IMG_16287.JPG

These are about a week from being topped maybe a little longs. I am going to wait a little longer on these plants so the new tops will be higher on the plant, possibly giving me strong tops.

Blackjack

#1 Once again, Healthy and im just loving the plant. These seeds had some germ problems but the ones I am using are really nice.

#2 The younger one but looking just as good. They have been light bending so they are slightly tilted but I rotate all my plants multiple times a day.

IMG_16297.JPG
IMG_16308.JPG

Like the Aurora Indica, I plan on waiting a little longer to top these. Gonna let them get pretty close to my light before I decide to even do anything.

Group Shot

IMG_16358.JPG

Final Thoughts: So I do have some extra lighting if you are thinking"I don't think that T5 lamp is enough for all those plants. You are right, it isn't. I have been stressing about my limitations for the last few weeks it is getting to me. I have had so much to do lately I haven't had time to set up my new grow cabinet. Tomorrow will be the day I organize everything and see what I can do with the Dresser I am converting.

I didn't mention that I will be transplanting the following plants into 3gal pots:
  • Lemon Skunk Clones
  • Hindu Kush

I feel that most are limited to the height constrains and need room to stretch out if I expect them to get any bigger. I have a lot to do and so little time. That is it for now.

:peacetwo: And Stay Medicated.:lot-o-toke: ToG

looks pro buddy!
things usually happen like the worst plant in the beginning becomes your fav, my plant now thats a girl and healthy as fuck was the worst looking one in the beginning but the other one turned out male and the other other one died lol

It looks like the T5s are doing there job ok to me. Colors are deep green and growth has been constant. If you are rotating your plants in and out of the middle they should have enough light.

A peice of white panda plastic or even a white hefty kitchen bag could help reflective light if its placed on the bottom instead of the black plastic. Black turns the light into heat. It might be worth a few lumens.

Mini Update:Once again I slacked off and didn't get you guys an update so I will just go over some of the details of what I am doing thus far. I will be as brief as possible(we all know that means this will be a long winded post) so let's get on with it.

For those who have been keeping up with my journal already know I am going to flower all my Lemon Skunk and Hindu Kush plants. I will redo Lemon Skunk later on(starting next year) working with nothing but Fem seeds. I transplanted most of them into 3Gal pots with a mixture of 1Layer of hydroton at the bottom, a mixture of 70/30 FFoF and Perlite and topped with a top layer of Happy frog soil conditioner and Root magic That I got with my BPN Farmer's Pride Package. I then topped the pot off with a layer of Hydroton(mainly for decoration)

Hindu Kush: All three are now in 3Gal pots and doing, well, I guess you can say ok. #1 is having an issue and has been with possible Ph problems+ transplant stress. I am giving it a bit of time before I get back onto my Feeding schedule. #2 has a bit of a droop issue from transplant stress. #3 took quite well to the transplant.

Lemon Skunk:
They are doing a pretty good some burn like issues caused by Ph/Rootbound. They stayed in 16oz party cups for a little too long and there was a lot of root circling. They are also in 3Gal pots now. The new tops are stretching a lot but I am trying to stop that but it was mainly cause by sub standard lighting/environment. Got things under control and they are now recovering.

Lemon Skunk Clones: They are doing great, no stress or issues whatsoever. Lots of new tops are coming in and I plan to top a few more times before Christmas.

AuroraIndica/Blackjack: Not much to say. Healthy and no issue. Transplanted into a 1Gal pots. I will most likely LST it with no topping for a little while. Gonna LST in the next few days.

This update is way too unorganized for my liking so I will redo it with a pic update tomorrow. Things have been kinda downhill for me so I apologize for my absence.

• PoohBurrMedic
Thanks man. I am getting that vibe with my plants. That is the main reason why they will not become mothers for my SoG grow. They are just too sporadic for my liking and if they do not wow me from the start, they don't get to have that privilege. I wanna grow and keep the best of the best and they just were not cutting it.

• GodSpeed
Thanks my friend. I am actually in the process of remodeling my grow area. The black plastic sheeting was mainly for light separation. I couldn't afford some polyfilm(panda Plastic) but it definitely now is on my list of things to buy for sure. I am working on plastering the holes to better separate the veg from the flower room.

• treezzz
I believe by neat you mean organized(Lol who uses neat instead of cool or awesome anymore anyways) Thanks man. I try to keep it as easy to follow as possible. So if new members see my journal they can learn something or at least see how to structure a journal so they can get the best help possible. Recently, I haven't had much issue that needs problem solving so it really has become more of a viewing journal(of course I am at the point of learning more from others journals then my own) but I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do.:Namaste:

That's all for now. I will get a detailed pic update tomorrow. Stick around till then.

Mini Update: So like I said, here is a little update for y'all.

My plants are still trying to establish themselves into their new homes so things may look a bit droopy. I now only have Aurora Indica and Blackjack on the top veg room. Since those are the only strains I will be keeping for my SoG. I will add more strains once I get the money(within the next few months) They are now in 1Gal pots and they should be picking back up in the next few days. They will continue there Nutrients starting next week.

IMG_16626.JPG

All the Hindu Kush, Lemon Skunk and Lemon Skunk clones are now in 3Gal pots and sitting under my 400w MH lamp. I am going to let them veg for a little while longer before flipping to 12/12

As you can see I still have flowering girls in there. They will be done really soon. #1.1 is ready to be harvested and I am just waiting for the right time to do it. The others still have a little while and I need to keep them out of the closet during the light period.

IMG_16596.JPG

That's about it honestly. I am going to top everything again a few times and let them recover than it is strain into 12/12.

Back
Top Bottom