Multi Strain, Perpetual, Capn Style, Multi Room

I just went and plugged my dehumidifier into my kill-a-watt

4.79 amp and 571 watt--when unit is running and surging

skycave coming along very nicely.

My RH shoots up to around 65% every night. There is literally nothing I can do, my dehumidifier won't fit in there and because the room is so small it sends the temps up to around 90f.mso I just leave the humidity as it is, I have a fan blowing the plants to stop any mould from forming.
I did have a bad mould problem last time do to falling leaves being lost in the bush and getting mould, this time around I'm doing a much better job of making sure there are no dead foliage around my plants to avoid this and so far so good!

Everything looks great man, I'm so going to use your set up as the blueprint for my set up...its EXACTLY how I want mine!

C526, thank you so much for that current draw quote. I now know that it pulls about as much as one of my HIDs, and in my current arrangement I can make that unit work if I replace my MH for veg with a floro panel and get a gas stove! That's a definite possibility I am now considering, so thanks again.

Koncept, unfortunately I am constantly changing things so by the time you get around to recreating some of my stuff, I will have been moved onto other stuff so you'll then have to claim it as your own. I'm finding the skill of "fabrication" only consists of doing whatever ya gotta do to make it work the way you want it to. Some call it Jerry Rigging, some call it McGuyvering, whatever it is, just do what ya can to make your spot the best you can make it to be with what you have or know you can get.

I was going to get wall mount fans regardless of which direction I take when I get that money, so hopefully this will alive some of that humidity. If I do go back to getting 2 more cool tubes, I know at any moment, I will never have more than 2 of them on so then it would just be a matter of getting that gas stove and hopefully my carpet finds a way to repel dirt! I will explore other options for possible funding of both.

I should've waited to shoot a vid b/c I changed a few things in veg after the res change and it looks way cleaner in there. I'd like to get back into trying to take cuts and hopefully successfully root them in a bubbler, so hopefully I can get on that pretty soon because I just topped the clones again today and discarded the offed tops, some cutoffs could have been considered large measuring roughly 6" in height which would have made good clones IMO. I also went ahead and poked a hole in the ceiling and ran some 1/4" tubing for the RO feed line. I will splice into the existing line that feeds the veg tank and hopefully there's still enough water pressure to push the water up another 9 or so feet on climb to the next floor where there will be another larger tote with a float valve in it. I am also planning to feed down a long length of 1/2" (I.D.) PEX tubing right down to the basement and terminate it right into the waste line. If I can make it snake all the way down, I will then be able to at least have a dedicated waste line from the attic down, and possibly the veg room if I can fit in a DIY sink. I'm really looking forward to not have to carry water up or down if possible.

For the 1 remaining seed plant, I intend to (but haven't yet) try to sit it on a 5 gallon bucket of nutes and have it drain right back in through many holes cut in the lid. Hopefully the liquid flows and doesn't bind up anywhere as it would then spill over in seconds, so gotta get it working perfectly before I can trust it to be alone.

IMG_20150123_201329_562.jpg
IMG_20150123_201335_925.jpg
IMG_20150123_201402_210.jpg

Koncept, unfortunately I am constantly changing things so by the time you get around to recreating some of my stuff, I will have been moved onto other stuff so you'll then have to claim it as your own. I'm finding the skill of "fabrication" only consists of doing whatever ya gotta do to make it work the way you want it to.
A man with ideas rather than a plan.
McD's

B A R:high-five:Sky

B A R :party::yahoo::party: Sky

I made a 5 gallon one site top feed, then drilled holes all the way around the outside recess of the lid, one hole in each cell and it works like a charm, just gotta get it plugged into the stupid timer.

IMG_20150124_195350_511.jpg
IMG_20150124_195358_718.jpg

It should be evident that perfecting Capn style is still not an art that I've fully developed, but I'm dialing it in just a bit more each day. DIY is more my strong suit. Hope you can take something away from this journal though!

It should be evident that perfecting Capn style is still not an art that I've fully developed, but I'm dialing it in just a bit more each day. DIY is more my strong suit. Hope you can take something away from this journal though!

I am sure I will!I like to learn all I can bout growing beautiful meds!

It's not looking good for the home team as temps in the attic get down to about 45º during parts of lights off. I use a 1500 watt space heater on60/off30, but the wide canopy blocks the heat from getting around and I'm kind of pressed for a solution as I can't afford to keep trying things with best of intentions. If I got my return tomorrow, that would probably help a lot, but until I have the funds, I am holding my breath.

Another kick in the head is that the RH is upwards of 80% when lights come on. There is a very green smell about the air when I first open the door. I built a DIY dehumidifier last night out of 2 drilled out buckets, a duct fan and some rock salt. At first the RH dipped down about 15%, but then after a whole 24 hours, it climbed back up to 78%. I now intend to invest in reflective insulated panels @ about $10 per 4x8 sheet. Even if I lose the attic grow (again), I still have my veg plants and the panels will definitely come in handy should I find a more suitable location.

I'm doing everything that is within my ability to make this grow work as it will likely soon be the way I feed myself as health is dwindling with age and back breaking work at times. If any of you have any possible ideas, I'd love to hear them, but I need to get this coldness and humidity in check very soon or skybound will be taking a major hit come harvest time.

You don't know how bad I wish I could help Sky but I can't think of anything offhand. If I do or run into an idea from another thread I'll be sure to post it here.
:sorry:

I've come to realize that I'm already too invested and have no choice but to keep on keepin on. I might starve a little, but tomorrow I hope to chisel enough funds together to get the reflective insulation panels, but I will definitely also need to build a functional air exchange from my (heated) bedroom and the attic spaces. More fans, more ducting and the panels will not come cheap. Hope that return check lands soon.

Yesterday was an eventful day for me. In the beginning of the day, I was literally within hours of shutting my entire grow down as my furnace broke and I woke up to a very cold house. Long story short, it's either getting fixed or replaced, so no lights were shut off.

On a more positive note, I was able to successfully Tee into my RO feed line going into veg and have it also feed a larger 27 gal tuff tote up in the attic. This will greatly save my back a lot of wear and tear. I am still looking at possible ways to install a waste line down to the sewer. That would make my life so much easier and my grow that much more stealth as I now wait till the coast is clear before lugging buckets of colored liquids to the toilet. This new RO res will likely take all day to fill, maybe even longer, but as long as it's filled by tomorrow in the AM, I would be content to swap out the flowering reservoirs at the end of the day rather than the beginning.

Also, I forgot to mention, but the other night when reconfiguring some things in flower, I accidentally snapped off one of the Cherry Bomb's largest branches. It snapped right at a topping point and I quickly determined (despite being severely angry with myself) that the branch was not able to be saved so I chopped it off. I believe that if the mistake did not occur, the branch could have easily produced 4 or more zips of dry herb. So I expect between the transplant shock entering into flower as well as this event, her fruits will be of lesser quantity and likely quality, so I might just earmark her as my private stash. We'll see though. Also picked up some "Radiant Barrier" to insulate the flower room some. That stuff is pretty expensive, so I won't be able to cover the entire room, but if I can get the top 50%, I think this would be fine and it holds heat extremely well for how thin it is. It also can't hurt that reflectivity will increase exponentially.

IMG_20150129_140634_740.jpg

Hell yeah!! I know it sucks to lose that branch, but that's okay!! It looks like you've got plenty of other plants that are ready to rock!!! lol In fact, I'd say that if you didn't start having some of these mishaps, you'd be missing out on all of the fun learning parts!! lol Kinda like my 2nd grow; spider mites kill one, wound another, pH pen croaks and I don't realize it until I try to calibrate it, fungus gnat infestation, and ultimately, bud rot on the main cola.. All of those lessons I learned with that one grow, have been some of the most educational ones, since it forced me to really dig into the literature, on top of all of the other great articles by Capn, s1ing and some of the others.. Also, as this evolution continues, I'm sure you're gonna run into a couple more things here and there, but in my humble opinion, you've got a killer set up going on, and I think you're going to be more than just successful once you get rolling!! Hell, you're already successful as you still have a bunch of healthy plants growing!!!!!

I'm also loving that float valve you put in there for your RO res!!! Very classy!!! :)

It'd be impossible to have a self feeding system w/o the float valve. Thankfully there's enough pressure to feed 2 reservoirs from a single RO unit on the first floor. Flower room is starting to look and work a little better with the addition of radiant barrier. I just inspected, zero light leaks coming in. Video update in a bit.

Perpetual Update #2

[video=youtube;bodtyklu_TQ]
[/video]

Back
Top Bottom