Hey Danolo.

Have you hooked up with Tennessee Tim? I think he has RA or if not him, his wife maybe? From what I remember reading, he's had great success treating his/her RA and I don't think he uses anything other than cannabis.

That said, it's too bad the meds you get from your local dispensary don't indicate whether they're sativas or indicas. Have you ever wanted to order from an online dispensary? I have a couple of links if you're interested. The ones I've used/see typically say whether a strain is indica, hybrid or sativa. PM me if you'd like more info.

Thanks Hash Girl...I'll track down Tim and if you want to send me links to online disp, I'd be grateful.

Just a quick note to you all...

My wife reads much of what is here and has been taking your advice... the whole process of using Bio Bombs and other methods for treating her Rheumatoid arthritis.

She asked me to tell you guys how much she appreciates your caring responses and help here in this forum.

She and I both appreciate your help very much.

Just a quick note to you all...

My wife reads much of what is here and has been taking your advice... the whole process of using Bio Bombs and other methods for treating her Rheumatoid arthritis.

She asked me to tell you guys how much she appreciates your caring responses and help here in this forum.

She and I both appreciate your help very much.

:love: :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: :love:

I do not believe budwashing the product you purchased would be beneficial, and might be extremely detrimental to the trichomes. We budwash at harvest, when the plant and the trichomes have lots of flexibility and the only trichomes damaged are ones already compromised.

The smell diminishes because most of that was volatile monoterpenes. You lose up to 50% of them while the plant hangs and drys anyway, so not the concern it might appear, unless your goal is to retain as many terpenes as possible, in which case you'd be processing it into oil right then and there. I hear the new wave of oil producers are doing this by freezing the plant material within four hours of harvest.

Now, teach me how they process it from that point and I'm gonna dance a jig around my kitchen. :laughtwo:

Cannabis expresses individually with each patient, so yes, you start every regimine at a sub-therapeutic dose and follow the slow and methodical process of titration until you find that patient's optimal therapeutic dose. The ratios you'll end up with will be determined first by what we're treating, and then by the tolerance levels of the patient. What we're beginning to discover though is that a balanced ratio is an excellent beginning point, and will effectively treat a myriad of concerns, including chronic pain, a fact that surprised most of us. Conventional thought was high THC for pain. Turns out we we're wrong in most , but notably, not all cases. A good rule of thumb is start at a balance of THC and CBD and then you fine tune for the individual.

If you try it in one direction (i.e. High THC, low CBD) and it doesn't work, flip it. Weight has nothing to do with dose, in the sense that a 140 pound woman can require a much larger dose than a 300 pound man for the same disease, at the same stage.

We're all lab rats around these parts. Until our federal government grows a pair that is. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Cajun once described it to us as the cannabinoids being the engine of the vehicle and the terpenes the steering system. The cannabinoids have the heavy-hitting potential, but it's the synergistic dance between cannabinoids and terpenes that get everyone in step and potentiates the medicine.

CBD works in ways no one really understands, at this point. There's speculation it's been misnamed as a cannabinoid, since it appears to have the ability to multitask. But you might not feel its effects until you stop taking it. I can testify to that. I ran short on CBD-dominant capsules before my next harvest, and took myself off my regimine to have enough on hand for my daughter. Her needs supersede my own. This has been going on for about a month now, and I'm beginning to see a resurgence of the patches of psoriasis that had begun to clear while I was on a regular schedule of dosing.

I'm working on training my ECS to heal without outside input. After all, we were designed to heal. :cheesygrinsmiley: Lab rat #1 here.

CBD both extends the euphoric effects of THC and tamps down extreme euphoric expression, simultaneously. That's only one example of the amazing capabilities of CBD. But on its own it's nowhere near that useful. Same with THC. Pair them together and you have a cannabinoid power couple. It thrills me to consider how much more learning we have ahead of us as we get into the "minor" cannabinoids and discover there was nothing minor about their effects on the human body. :battingeyelashes:

You balance the ratios by individual patient. There is no standard dose in cannabinoid therapy, only starting points. Cannabis makes you pay attention, but won't smack you with ugly side effects when you overshoot. All you need do is back off until you're comfortable and then proceed with letting the natural healing commence.

Hey...... I don't know about you, but I've been growing younger for the past three years. Not really working that hard at it either. You should spend more time around me, it might rub off on you and you'll never say that crazy thing about your sparklingly intelligent brain and it's marvelous capabilities of recall and communication.

Sorry, I'm an extreme morning person, and you stepped right in front of me when I was feeling particularly loving. That usually sweeps everyone in the room closer to me or drives them running for the hills. :laughtwo: Good morning. You got a pretty big dose of SweetSue there. That deserves a hug.

:hug::hug::hug:

Got it. You have my back, I have yours my friend. :hug: :love: I expect you to post pictures. :battingeyelashes:

Well, you're planning to jump right into the adventure, don't you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't use cannabis at all, do you? Hmmmm..... I warn you, this bug you caught about medicinal cannabis is a difficult one to walk away from. Once bitten few of us get our lives back to where they were before - not that a single one of us would choose to be anywhere different, just that I don't think a single one of us considered at the outset how much this would change our lives.

I admire your interest and growing passion. Just wanted you to know that. :hug: :love:

Hello sue,

Since this is my 50 post I thought I would celebrate and thank everyone for their patience. Some of of the questions I asked, well, maybe all the questions I asked, were already answered somewhere if I had only searched for it. Patience is not a virtue when you medicate for chronic pain so I especially appreciated yours and everyone's here. Im not promising I won't have anymore stupid questions, but I will pass along what I can and hopefully return the favor some day.

Hello sue,

Since this is my 50 post I thought I would celebrate and thank everyone for their patience. Some of of the questions I asked, well, maybe all the questions I asked, were already answered somewhere if I had only searched for it. Patience is not a virtue when you medicate for chronic pain so I especially appreciated yours and everyone's here. Im not promising I won't have anymore stupid questions, but I will pass along what I can and hopefully return the favor some day.

Please..... :hug: ....... There are no stupid questions. Every one of us has been in that overwhelmed by pain or circumstances mode, when searching for answers is more work than you should have to endure. We have no problem answering questions that've been asked and answered before. Every answer requires some personal tweaking anyway. The last thing I want you to worry about is whether you're stressing us. Agreed? :battingeyelashes: :love:

Well Sue, I haven't been online lately because I am very busy at the moment with dentist appointments and stuff and I also have a new job! I work on the ambulance! Which is nice. Anyway, I will still be busy the upcoming weeks so I won't be online that much but you guys won't lose me!

My little first plants!

I've discovered the job and I aren't a good fit. I can't live with the negativity in the news. I genuinely can't survive in that atmosphere, and you have to wade through it to find the types of articles I was seeking. I came away drained and stressed.

I chose to admit my human limitations, take my gentle lumps and go back to being SweetSue.

I've discovered the job and I aren't a good fit. I can't live with the negativity in the news. I genuinely can't survive in that atmosphere, and you have to wade through it to find the types of articles I was seeking. I came away drained and stressed.

I chose to admit my human limitations, take my gentle lumps and go back to being SweetSue.
Well Sue, we are an ambulance crew that only do special events like horse jumping contest or a concert you know. When something goes wrong we need to jump in and help people. Which is a very nice job!

My little first plants!

Hi Sue Im sorry to hear it didn't work out. I was never clear what the job entailed. You were searching through what to find what?

In any case, good on you for making what had to be a difficult choice.

:angel::angel::hug::hug::angel::angel::hug::hug:

:circle-of-love:

WE DO LIVE YOU SUE! *Yelled from out the back of the yard*

My little first plants!

I heard that translated into "LOVE". :laughtwo:

Hi Sue Im sorry to hear it didn't work out. I was never clear what the job entailed. You were searching through what to find what?

In any case, good on you for making what had to be a difficult choice.

:angel::angel::hug::hug::angel::angel::hug::hug:

Thank you Oldbear. :hug::hug::hug:

It was disconcerting until I figured out what the problem was. I've avoided the news for over two years. Sorting through article after article to find appropriate content dropped me right into the hornet's nest of frustration and discord that is the evolution of moving away from prohibition. The anger I kept having to quell as I wandered thorough legislative stumblings more concerned about control than healing or science was too much for me to bear.

I'm of more use out here in the trenches, dealing with the day-to-day healing process we explore with cannabis, and trying to learn more of the science they seem hellbent on ignoring.

Hey guys, if you haven't read it yet, there was an excellent article over at Herb.co on "The Odd Science Behind Marijuana And Metabolism". Highly recommended.

I'm glad you discovered the job didn't fit early on, before you burned out. Politics is not for everyone, and can easily steer you away from your true calling. So much politics over a WEED, for Pete's sake!

You are a medicine woman at heart and by practice, and I was already missing the Sweet Sue forum. (your oil forum is way over my head and capabilities.) So glad to see you back!

Back
Top Bottom