Oooh what is an acid cannabinoid infused oil? Tht sounds interesting lol well i hope everything works out for ur daughter with u helping her out with meds from ur garden n all the experiments u do i think she is in good hands. Congrats on the jamaicans u r about to harvest. What journal do u have pics of them posted in? And r they hempy as well?

An acid cannabinoid oil is simply an oil that hasn't been decarbed, so the cannabinoids aren't transformed. You won't get any euphoria from such an oil, but it heals in different ways than the decarbed cannabinoids do.

Three of the plants I harvested were hempy. One was in soil.

This is why Marinol exists Shed, it's easily dosed. I don't know anyone on Marinol, but what do you have to lose? It's synthetic THC that you don't have to be responsible for growing and turning into a medicine, and from what I've read you'll know fairly quickly whether or not it'll work for him.

This isn't easy to go through. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Thanks SweetSue! :love: And if it doesn't work I guess can always try a higher CBD:THC ratio in my kitchen. The government has a clinical trial listed of Avidekel Oil from Tikun that is almost entirely CBD but I'm not sure if it started yet.

An acid cannabinoid oil is simply an oil that hasn't been decarbed, so the cannabinoids aren't transformed. You won't get any euphoria from such an oil, but it heals in different ways than the decarbed cannabinoids do.

Three of the plants I harvested were hempy. One was in soil.

Oh man i wonder if thts what ive been making this whole time cuz i remembered off the oil i made this last time i forgot to decarb it lol but my others i thought i might have done it wrong n burnt the triches off or sumthn but the few times i have made my oil i notice i dnt really get high or have much of a euphoria feeling just get tired n fall asleep lol but now tht im getting bigger buds in my harvest i thought tht might change but then i forgot to decarb lol tht will teach me not 2 smoke a bunch of dabs b4 i go to make my oils and edibles lol

High ITS,

About your dad, do they have him on meds that will alter his combative behavior? Like Haldol, or something? That will make him very sleepy. I don't know how to help, wish I could do more. Sounds like he wants to be home. Can't blame him.

High ITS,

About your dad, do they have him on meds that will alter his combative behavior? Like Haldol, or something? That will make him very sleepy. I don't know how to help, wish I could do more. Sounds like he wants to be home. Can't blame him.

In the class at Green Flower Eloise mentions that Seroquel, an anti-psychotic drug often prescribed for Alzheimer’s, will cause combative behavior and agitation if used with cannabis.

Check the meds list Shed. :hug:

Oh man i wonder if thts what ive been making this whole time cuz i remembered off the oil i made this last time i forgot to decarb it lol but my others i thought i might have done it wrong n burnt the triches off or sumthn but the few times i have made my oil i notice i dnt really get high or have much of a euphoria feeling just get tired n fall asleep lol but now tht im getting bigger buds in my harvest i thought tht might change but then i forgot to decarb lol tht will teach me not 2 smoke a bunch of dabs b4 i go to make my oils and edibles lol

The most dependable. Umbers we get are decarb I gotta at 235 degrees F for 119 minutes (1 hour and 50 minutes.

Use a roasting bag to keep the terpenes from floating away. When you’re done decarbbing throw the bag of decarbed buds into the freezer for an hour before you open it.

These simple steps help you make stronger medicine. :battingeyelashes:

High ITS,
In the class at Green Flower Eloise mentions that Seroquel, an anti-psychotic drug often prescribed for Alzheimer’s, will cause combative behavior and agitation if used with cannabis.
Check the meds list Shed. :hug:
Thanks for the thoughts! He's not on anything like that. Aricept is the only thing he's taking for his dementia. No one ever takes people off that just in case it's still helping. His only other med is a small dose of keflex.

Hi SweetSue,
I have about 13gms vaped flower, saved over the course of several months, ok, maybe more. Now what to do with it. I would like to know if it needs further decarbox, or is it good to go as is? I'd like to eventually make gummies with it, so tincture is what I think I need to do. Yes/no?
One trip to my dispensary, I bought some shatter. Didn't like using it in the vape. How do I get it to a liquid form. I could use this in the gummies, too.
Has anyone tried this Magical Butter decarb box? Seems inexpensive ($40 on Amazon) to retain terpenes. I'm looking to mostly decarb CBD. I read that decarbs at a higher temp? and THC is lower? Would I ruin any THC by using the higher temp for the CBD?

Dory's brain needs step-by-step, shell-following instructions!

Anybody's input is welcome!
Dory

Hi SweetSue,
I have about 13gms vaped flower, saved over the course of several months, ok, maybe more. Now what to do with it. I would like to know if it needs further decarbox, or is it good to go as is? I'd like to eventually make gummies with it, so tincture is what I think I need to do. Yes/no?
One trip to my dispensary, I bought some shatter. Didn't like using it in the vape. How do I get it to a liquid form. I could use this in the gummies, too.
Has anyone tried this Magical Butter decarb box? Seems inexpensive ($40 on Amazon) to retain terpenes. I'm looking to mostly decarb CBD. I read that decarbs at a higher temp? and THC is lower? Would I ruin any THC by using the higher temp for the CBD?
Dory's brain needs step-by-step, shell-following instructions!
Anybody's input is welcome!
Dory

Dunno about the MB decarb box (other than the thermometer, a covered dish would be the same), but I have read that there is no need to decarb vaped bud:
"What happens when you vaporize your weed and expose it to heat is the CBD-A and THC-A in your weed are effectively turned into CBD and THC. This is the stuff that makes you really, really stoned. So the good news is, your weed is already activated." Link here.

The article also talks about vape temps:
"First things first, don’t vape your buds at too high a temperature. You will know if the temperature you are using is too high because when you take your buds out they will be black and crispy. If this is what your buds are looking like, they are no good for reusing. However, if you vape your buds at 350-375 F then you will still be able to get your maximum high, and still have some THC left to use in your buds."

And if you are at those temps:
"Now, it's probably not a good idea go ahead and smoke the buds that you have already vaped. But because of what you've already done to them by vaporizing, they are perfect for making edibles."

Dunno about the MB decarb box (other than the thermometer, a covered dish would be the same), but I have read that there is no need to decarb vaped bud:
"What happens when you vaporize your weed and expose it to heat is the CBD-A and THC-A in your weed are effectively turned into CBD and THC. This is the stuff that makes you really, really stoned. So the good news is, your weed is already activated." Link here.

The article also talks about vape temps:
"First things first, don’t vape your buds at too high a temperature. You will know if the temperature you are using is too high because when you take your buds out they will be black and crispy. If this is what your buds are looking like, they are no good for reusing. However, if you vape your buds at 350-375 F then you will still be able to get your maximum high, and still have some THC left to use in your buds."

And if you are at those temps:
"Now, it's probably not a good idea go ahead and smoke the buds that you have already vaped. But because of what you've already done to them by vaporizing, they are perfect for making edibles."

Hi InTheShed,
I just checked my Firefly 2, the setting is at 360°F, Medium setting. I have mother trees in my tent, to start over again with clones. I was ill for about 5 months and hubby tended the plants (hydro ebb&flow). I have incredible overgrowth, and needs trimming, getting shriveled on the lights. I want to harvest the fan leaves, plus start some clones. I was just wondering if this decarb box would be a good thing to add to my paraphernalia of stuff. I'm a real newbie so I thought this would help me control the decarb process.

Do I just start soaking the vaped bud in Everclear and go from there? Since it's mixed CBD and THC from the dispensary, I have no idea of it's potency. How much Everclear do I use for such a small amount of vaped bud? I'm off to read your link!
Thank you,
Dory

Hi InTheShed,
I just checked my Firefly 2, the setting is at 360°F, Medium setting. I have mother trees in my tent, to start over again with clones. I was ill for about 5 months and hubby tended the plants (hydro ebb&flow). I have incredible overgrowth, and needs trimming, getting shriveled on the lights. I want to harvest the fan leaves, plus start some clones. I was just wondering if this decarb box would be a good thing to add to my paraphernalia of stuff. I'm a real newbie so I thought this would help me control the decarb process.

Do I just start soaking the vaped bud in Everclear and go from there? Since it's mixed CBD and THC from the dispensary, I have no idea of it's potency. How much Everclear do I use for such a small amount of vaped bud? I'm off to read your link!
Thank you,
Dory
There are a number of ways to get the THC from the vaped buds. Everclear would be one, but if you're making edibles, a butter or coconut oil infusion would be a lot easier. And if you're looking to buy something from MB, get their MB2e machine. It takes all the work out of making infusions, particularly since you can skip the decarb step for this stash.

For leaves and buds that don't go through the vape, I have found that a foil-covered baking dish in the oven is cheap and easy for decarb.

There are a number of ways to get the THC from the vaped buds. Everclear would be one, but if you're making edibles, a butter or coconut oil infusion would be a lot easier. And if you're looking to buy something from MB, get their MB2e machine. It takes all the work out of making infusions, particularly since you can skip the decarb step for this stash.

For leaves and buds that don't go through the vape, I have found that a foil-covered baking dish in the oven is cheap and easy for decarb.

Thank you InTheShed! I'm intending to make tincture, for gummies, atm. Maybe I'll do other edibles later.
Dory

Short answer is no. There are many good methods though.

What I do is decarb and extract in one step. The crumbled bud goes in a little jar, soak with olive oil, cover with tin foil, and bake.

There is very little smell which I think means terps and cannabinoids are not escaping.

When I do butter, in sausepan on stove, I use an almost parabolic stainless steel mixing bowl sitting on top to encourage better heat taper in the top for condensate. I find this works similar to distillation, albeit in an enclosed system, in that it creates a catch and roll effect back into the suasepan allowing for terp retention. I use my leaf and I find it mild enough to be therapeutic, but others find it way too strong. Had tested with same group and different method tinkers and found this worked best. Also found that the stem seems to increase the tacky, waxyness of the butter and it looked like wax with fats.
This one really had a punch and I overdosed and spent 30 mins pussing sweat and feeling nauseated
Oops envelope pushed too far
Hope that helps someone

Loving the research and development Sue. You make me want to up my game. Grrrr

;)

When I do butter, in sausepan on stove, I use an almost parabolic stainless steel mixing bowl sitting on top to encourage better heat taper in the top for condensate. I find this works similar to distillation, albeit in an enclosed system, in that it creates a catch and roll effect back into the suasepan allowing for terp retention. I use my leaf and I find it mild enough to be therapeutic, but others find it way too strong. Had tested with same group and different method tinkers and found this worked best. Also found that the stem seems to increase the tacky, waxyness of the butter and it looked like wax with fats.
This one really had a punch and I overdosed and spent 30 mins pussing sweat and feeling nauseated
Oops envelope pushed too far
Hope that helps someone

Loving the research and development Sue. You make me want to up my game. Grrrr

;)

Do you have a picture of this stainless bowl you use? I’d like to see this. :battingeyelashes:

Welcome to brainstorming central Besmirched. Sorry I took so long to get here. :hug: You got my attention with this bowl. I use a small stainless bowl with a foil cover in the Instant Pot these days, with buds dried low and slo for maximum terp retention. It’s decarb and infusion in 110 minutes.

Do you have a picture of this stainless bowl you use? I’d like to see this. :battingeyelashes:

Welcome to brainstorming central Besmirched. Sorry I took so long to get here. :hug: You got my attention with this bowl. I use a small stainless bowl with a foil cover in the Instant Pot these days, with buds dried low and slo for maximum terp retention. It’s decarb and infusion in 110 minutes.

Lol, just saw u in infusions. Will take one in morning with my hillbilly setup. Was going to do a butter run soon so why not tomorrow.

I do a large run (6.6 PDS) 3 KGS of pre frozen.leaf,tip and stem into 500gms of butter. 2 runs ago I had tri fat separation. Last run I used more stem and got waxy with lipid fat globules. Trying for in-between last one floored me, so adjusting to 750gms butter.

Wierdly I did look at the bowl an think I should take a photo. Oh well in the morning then

You all going to freak when I tell you how I dry my weed especially since it breaks all the conventional rules. I'll just tease with that, I'm off to see the sandman.

Night all.

You all going to freak when I tell you how I dry my weed especially since it breaks all the conventional rules. I'll just tease with that, I'm off to see the sandman.

Night all.

Hahaha! You terrible tease. :rofl:

I don’t put Bovedas into the jars I know I’m using for oil production. It saves me having to dry it out. I use it up pretty fast though. I’ve yet to get a quantity of any significance through a three-month cure.

I found this gem at cellimagelibrary.org

Cell apoptosis in action

A time-lapse series using digital holographic microscopy presented as a movie. The movie shows living human prostate cancer cells (DU 145) induced to undergo of apoptosis following treatment with etoposide. The images were created by Phase Holographic Imaging AB (PHIAB), Lund, Sweden.

Back
Top Bottom