SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0 - The Transition To Doc Bud's HBB Kit

Just because I'm curious, what's your wake 'n bake this morning? :battingeyelashes:

Some Sugar Candy for me this morning. A sativa up with a dark twist. Glorious.

DSC029406.jpg

Have a hazy day.

Some Sugar Candy for me this morning. A sativa up with a dark twist. Glorious.

DSC029406.jpg

Have a hazy day.

Oh, I knew you'd come through Ditch, and gloriously, at that. :laughtwo: What an exquisite plant. That Tangie of yours is a favorite of mine. I like the way she keeps showing you who's really the boss. Lol!

I wonder sometimes if I'll ever become jaded to harvesting.

Not today. :laughtwo:

All washed and drying in preparation of the multiple processing challenges ahead.

The Wash - SweetSue's Way

IMG_068446.JPG

I've recently made dramatic changes to my wash procedure, so I thought I'd share it with you this morning. :cheesygrinsmiley:

To to start with, I've dispensed with the three buckets, lemon juice, and baking soda. I can't find a rational explaination in favor of keeping the lemon juice and baking soda worth switching back. Instead, I now fill my sink with tepid water and add a bottle of hydrogen peroxide. It just occured to me that I would benefit from measuring how many gallons this sink holds. I may need more peroxide. :hmmmm:

IMG_066548.JPG

Branches were cut from the stem only, with the exception of the apical cola branch, which was large enough to be split into two. :yahoo: Can you tell I'm excited about this beautiful girl? :laughtwo:

I hung them them in advance to get the spacing right.

IMG_066652.JPG

Look, it only took me three years to figure out I could easily wire the rod for stability. :laughtwo:

IMG_066750.JPG

Dip and swirl, dip and swirl. It's a beautiful dance under the water. My sink is the perfect size for this, just deep and wide enough to stay away from any surfaces.

IMG_066858.JPG

IMG_066948.JPG

IMG_067052.JPG

IMG_067149.JPG

IMG_067246.JPG

IMG_067348.JPG

IMG_067457.JPG

Then they get hung to drip until everyone's been washed. The sink is drained and refilled with clean, tepid water and the dance continues until all have been rinsed.

IMG_067554.JPG

IMG_067861.JPG

IMG_067957.JPG

IMG_0680.PNG

IMG_068156.JPG

IMG_068251.JPG

IMG_068351.JPG

While washing any dead leaves or yellowed ones that came off with a touch were removed. Following the rinse the sink gets emptied one last time and each branch gets a gentle shake and vibration to loosen as much water as possible without being abusive, and the branches are hung to dry for four hours.

IMG_068552.JPG

IMG_068655.JPG

All the real work is later. The one second from the left is the branch that'll be dropped into the dark bucket after drying for a few days on the line. I'm so excited about all the experimenting I get to do with this harvest. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

OK, that's out of the way. Time to fit Callanetics into the schedule. :ciao:

Good morning Sue. My wake n bake was freddys best from dutch passion, "It combines Chocolope, Dutch Haze and other sativa/Haze genetics".

DSC_025624.JPG

Excellent Mr Am4zin! :high-five: Love the shirt. I'll have to catch the red one next time around. Next harvest I'll have to wear mine. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:hug: :love: :hug:

.......... Oh yeah, :passitleft:

I have to say - you good folks always have me convinced about the bud washing thing. It's just my grow-room is so clean, I have filters on air-intake and there is no way anything can get in there. But I do see dust is collected on the lamps so I guess there is always something to wash.

Tomorrow I'll pick up all the parts for my new and shiny 32 pot hydro-system. It's gonna be two hard months to wait before I can put it all together. This is my final soil-grow in the main grow-room. That means future grows will be even cleaner than the current. Still - Budwashing makes sense on many levels. There's gonna be hell of a lot of buds to wash here in the future.

How is that dehydrator going for you Sue? Almost bought one of those myself, but stopped myself in the last minute sort of.

Just because I'm curious, what's your wake 'n bake this morning? :battingeyelashes:

Oh I'm so glad you asked. I started my morning with a bowl of Chem Dawg. I really like Chem Dawg. This particular Chem Dawg was grown from an HSO seed. I actually had 2 bowls.

Lasted a while and then I had a capsule of my Blue Dream infused oil. That was 2 hours ago and should keep me good for a while.

Too good. I got all my girls fed and photographed. All is well.

:bongrip::bongrip:

:goof::goof::byebye::byebye:

I'm a mixer, today I started with the last bud of Cotton Candy, a little SFV OG, and right now something called A-Dub. I just picked up the latter two yesterday. Now I got a 30oz coffee and am rolling a mix of all of the above. Mixing works for me but often leaves me very tired a bit later (although never enough to get a full nights sleep). I can't wait for my grow to start producing, then I can really find the right strains for me like you seem to have for you and yours.

Anyways thanks and danks.

I have to say - you good folks always have me convinced about the bud washing thing. It's just my grow-room is so clean, I have filters on air-intake and there is no way anything can get in there. But I do see dust is collected on the lamps so I guess there is always something to wash.

Tomorrow I'll pick up all the parts for my new and shiny 32 pot hydro-system. It's gonna be two hard months to wait before I can put it all together. This is my final soil-grow in the main grow-room. That means future grows will be even cleaner than the current. Still - Budwashing makes sense on many levels. There's gonna be hell of a lot of buds to wash here in the future.

How is that dehydrator going for you Sue? Almost bought one of those myself, but stopped myself in the last minute sort of.

I haven't used the dehydrator yet DeVille. Today's my first time. :slide: I'll be covering it mostly on the low and slo thread.

Budwashing isn't all about being clean, though it's a primary consideration. The wash also more evenly hydrates the plant as a whole, which speeds the drying process, believe it or not, and enhances the cure in ways we can sense but haven't found a way to quantify. The smoke is always smoother with washed buds, no doubt about that.

I'm catching a pre-Callanetics buzz, Carnival of course, and thinking about all the fabulous strains I've grown, and am growing now. The Ultra Dawg is simply amazing! But when I looked over the inventory it was Carnival I eagerly reached for. All of the others bring different flavors and experiences to the joyful party that is my life but Carnival...... *sigh* ....... it's a different experience from all of them, and one my system strongly prefers, even over my delicious Dark Devil Autos.

I got to wondering why, and I believe it's the clarity of thought. I get all the joyful giddiness of the UD, the ethereal mentality of Tikal and Malawi, the energy of DDA, and a taste and smell so distinctively unique that it fires my senses up as soon as the lid cracks open. :laughtwo: I swear, my heart rate increases as I reach for the nug jar. Lol!

But that clarity..... Ahhhh....... that may be what's drawing me back again and again and has me growing four at a time to keep the supply channels flowing. Lol! Then there's the total lack of any real descent, just a gentle reminder that it might be time to have another hit. :cheesygrinsmiley: I can play with Carnival all day long, heavy-hitting if I so choose, and she never wears me out. For someone with my energetic needs, that's a big bonus. Hahaha!

I dream of a world where we'd be free to ship product to each other. Can you even imagine the joy a 420 collective would bring? :dreamy:

Off to the mat with me. The trophy wife body won't materialize without the time spent pulsing. :ciao:

Did is I remind you all to be joyful today so you could heal faster and ......... well, you'd just be happier, and that's a good thing, right? Share that joy and watch it blossom into something beautiful and unique. Then do it again. :battingeyelashes:

Oh I'm so glad you asked. I started my morning with a bowl of Chem Dawg. I really like Chem Dawg. This particular Chem Dawg was grown from an HSO seed. I actually had 2 bowls.

Lasted a while and then I had a capsule of my Blue Dream infused oil. That was 2 hours ago and should keep me good for a while.

Too good. I got all my girls fed and photographed. All is well.

:bongrip::bongrip:

:goof::goof::byebye::byebye:

Jim, you are amazing! :laughtwo: You caught on how to do this right from the beginning.

I'm a mixer, today I started with the last bud of Cotton Candy, a little SFV OG, and right now something called A-Dub. I just picked up the latter two yesterday. Now I got a 30oz coffee and am rolling a mix of all of the above. Mixing works for me but often leaves me very tired a bit later (although never enough to get a full nights sleep). I can't wait for my grow to start producing, then I can really find the right strains for me like you seem to have for you and yours.

Anyways thanks and danks.

Eventually you'll locate the right strain for continuious meds, so capsules can lay the baseline and other consumption is for breakthrough and recreational. Life becomes so much easier at that point.

Cannabis has become such a powerful healing force and daily life enhancer in my family it's hard sometimes to remember it's illegal.

When we can grow freely outdoor we'll be able to start juicing as a matter of course. Think of the health revolution that'll kick start.

Cannabis has become such a powerful healing force and daily life enhancer in my family it's hard sometimes to remember it's illegal.

It really blows my mind to know that right now in America there are people growing "weed" in their closets that doesn't even get you high, but is literally the only thing that prevents their children from having hundreds of seizures a day. And there are government agencies trying to take away this regular life enabling medicine and to remove these children from their parents to "protect" them. Thank God not everyone is insane.

:thanks:
I never thought of this, I am always fighting with Dripping branches swinging this way and that.
And then the cursing cause I do not like a wet mess on my floor.:cheesygrinsmiley:

It was the first time it occured to me keltic. :laughtwo: Like securing the bamboo stick I hang them from. Sooner or later I'll trim that stick to allow me to open to doors without trouble. If you notice in the pictures the rod crosses in front of the doors. I've been telling myself all along to do something about that.

We get caught up in the moment and the wonder of the harvest. Lol! Ain't it fun? This is why I schedule so many. :laughtwo:

Time to get the oil going and trim some buds into the jars and dehydrator. :slide:

It really blows my mind to know that right now in America there are people growing "weed" in their closets that doesn't even get you high, but is literally the only thing that prevents their children from having hundreds of seizures a day. And there are government agencies trying to take away this regular life enabling medicine and to remove these children from their parents to "protect" them. Thank God not everyone is insane.

I'm glad that we have accepted refugees from other states into CO so families don't get arrested for providing life saving medicine. I'm glad that other states are coming around, but it will still be a battle until it's de-scheduled by the federal gov.

Processing the Harvest

One branch of indeterminate bud weight, but believed to be in the neighborhood OG 75-100 grams, hanging to dry in the hall. This branch will join Ultra Dawg in the dark bucket.

IMG_070154.JPG

IMG_070057.JPG

A total of 49 grams wet will go into the fridge for a low and slo dry.

IMG_070462.JPG

IMG_070560.JPG

A whopping 212 grams of it went into the dehydrator on three trays.

IMG_070650.JPG

IMG_070858.JPG

IMG_070951.JPG

Set at 95 degrees F, she'll be left alone for 48 hours.

IMG_071348.JPG

I went with 100 grams of buds for FHO. I have another CBD Critical Cure coming down in about a month, and I still have some left from the last harvest, so this'll get us through until I make more from the dried produce.

IMG_071559.JPG

I immediately put the blender away. :laughtwo: We don't need a repeat of that disaster, do we?

IMG_071662.JPG

Cooking the oil right now. Time to get back to tending it.

IMG_071756.JPG

Later. :ciao:

That dehydrator is probably a good idea. I've used the oven in the past to dehydrate food overnight (very low setting, door cracked open a little) - and it sure heats the house up.

You have more... whatever the female version of cojones is... than I do, drying plants with the leaves still attached. I remember when Munki had his first harvest, he did the same thing - then later seemed to be in a nightmare due to everything being stuck together when it was time to manicure. It's been several years, though, and I do not remember the specifics of that one. Could have been other factors in play, IDK.

hanging to dry in the hall.

I read that and I thought, ":thedoubletake: You mean the hall with all those freaking steps in it?!? Wow, this woman is utterly fearless!"

Then I figured out you were talking about an internal hallway, lol. (Although you still strike me as being pretty fearless ;) .)

Happy Sunday Sue!!!! Your garden is awesome as always. Congrats on the harvest. It looks delicious. I bet your house smells devine!!! Yummmmmyyyyyy. Loved the smoke report too! One of my favorite things to read! Will be interesting to see how the differents drying techniques pan out and how it affects terpenes. :volcano-smiley:

That dehydrator is probably a good idea. I've used the oven in the past to dehydrate food overnight (very low setting, door cracked open a little) - and it sure heats the house up.

You have more... whatever the female version of cojones is... than I do, drying plants with the leaves still attached. I remember when Munki had his first harvest, he did the same thing - then later seemed to be in a nightmare due to everything being stuck together when it was time to manicure. It's been several years, though, and I do not remember the specifics of that one. Could have been other factors in play, IDK.

There had to be other factors TS. I've dried like this a number of times. It protects the buds and may help retain some of the monoterpenes. I say may, because that's simply speculation.

I read that and I thought, ":thedoubletake: You mean the hall with all those freaking steps in it?!? Wow, this woman is utterly fearless!"

Then I figured out you were talking about an internal hallway, lol. (Although you still strike me as being pretty fearless ;) .)

I grant you, I have little , if any fear. You get to my age with no one holding any authority over you, it creates a certain fearlessness. "What are you gonna do to me that you think I can't survive?" :laughtwo:

Happy Sunday Sue!!!! Your garden is awesome as always. Congrats on the harvest. It looks delicious. I bet your house smells devine!!! Yummmmmyyyyyy. Loved the smoke report too! One of my favorite things to read! Will be interesting to see how the differents drying techniques pan out and how it affects terpenes. :volcano-smiley:

Good day Scottay. :hug: :love: It smells divine in here. Lol! Two plants hanging in the hall, the fridge reeks of CBD Critical Cure and the entire place has the overlay of fresh harvest oil. :slide:

Don't you just love the way we play? :yahoo:

I left the oil draining while I take a short break. That was a straight 12 hours, with 2 hours in the middle taken for Callanetics. I think I'll sleep like a baby tonight. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

IMG_074454.JPG

Turned off the lights while it finished.

IMG_074639.JPG

*yawn* You bet I'm tired. I was planning to treat myself to dinner out but forgot to charge the phone. It's a good thing. Makes the daughter nervous when I wander the streets after dark. :laughtwo: She makes me call when I get home. Lol! *yawn*

Let me get out there and finish the job so I can get to bed at a reasonable hour.

Long day girl but very productive!!! You know Im not all that far away from you. I really should talk my wifey into drivin to your neighborhood sometime in the near future just so I can hug you!!! :thumb: You are one hella good grower!!! :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom