SweetSue Shows Off The GROWant GR480: More Light!

She only yielded 212 grams wet, not at all what I was hoping for, but then, I damaged her before she went into flower, so I'm feeling real good about it all.

WOW! It's no wonder your grows always look so awesome. You go all scientific and keep notes! I do good to remember to feed mine once a week. :cool:

Growing this many it’s a necessity. Otherwise they die. lol!

I should keep leaves, but for certain reasons do not...... great idea though.:thumb:

Leaves have all kinds of healing compounds in them. Dry them and use as herbs in your cooking.

Leaves have all kinds of healing compounds in them. Dry them and use as herbs in your cooking.
Hi AK, do you find you have an enormous amount of dried leaf in jars then, even when using them like this? I harvested a plant yesterday and have so many leaves! And 2 more plants coming down soon. I’ve been thinking about this and wondering where I can store that much dry leaf!!

Also - do you find that it has any psychoactive effect as cooking herb? (I guess that would depend a bit on whether it’s added during cooking or after...). I’ve been enjoying some fresh leaves in salads! :yummy:

(Sorry sue - maybe a bit off topic for the sponsored room... had to grab AK while she was here and talking about it already!!)

:volcano-smiley:

Hi AK, do you find you have an enormous amount of dried leaf in jars then, even when using them like this? I harvested a plant yesterday and have so many leaves! And 2 more plants coming down soon. I’ve been thinking about this and wondering where I can store that much dry leaf!!

Also - do you find that it has any psychoactive effect as cooking herb? (I guess that would depend a bit on whether it’s added during cooking or after...). I’ve been enjoying some fresh leaves in salads! :yummy:

(Sorry sue - maybe a bit off topic for the sponsored room... had to grab AK while she was here and talking about it already!!)

:volcano-smiley:

I have enough herb to last me the rest of my life. :laugh:

1) My herb consists of leaves, trim and mini-buds, so yes, it IS possible to get high off your cooking. It all depends on whether you use just a tablespoon or 1/4 cup of herb in the dish. A table spoon or two will be a proactive dose of cannabis, enough to keep a level of cannabinoids in your body, but not enough to get you high.

2) I don't decarb the leaves.trim, etc, because they will be decarbed in the cooking. Most of my ground herbs are well over 1 month old, so they are cured, anyway. I add them to the ground meat or pasta dish BEFORE cooking. Be sure you have some kind of fats/oils (ground meat is perfect) to absorb and activate the cannabinoids.

3) You can use the leaves as tea, either for you, or for your grow. Grind up for cooking herbs. They take up a lot fewer jars.

4) Another easy way to use the leaves and trim is to brew tinctures. I brew the old way.
At the new moon, put your plant material in a mason jar.
Just barely cover the plant matter with some kind of liquor, at least 80 proof. Bicardi 151 or Vodka are examples.
Cap and leave in a dark, cool place for a month. The longer, the better. I have gone 3 months, when I forgot I had a brew going.
Decant through cheesecloth or other filter.
Save the leftover mash to grind into cooking herbs.
The liquid (tincture) may be stored in the fridge indefinitely.

I use some in my nightly half-glass of wine (or a wine cooler) to eliminate arthritis pain while I sleep. You will probably get a buzz, so take no later than 1/2 hour before bedtime. (experiment for the dose best for you)

If you cannot drink wine, use V8, tomato, or fruit juice. The goal is to get the tincture down without the burn or the taste.

Tinctures can be used in any drink or food. They are already decarbed by the brewing process.

I hope this gives you some ideas.

Waste not, want not. :Namaste:

I have enough herb to last me the rest of my life. :laugh:

1) My herb consists of leaves, trim and mini-buds, so yes, it IS possible to get high off your cooking. It all depends on whether you use just a tablespoon or 1/4 cup of herb in the dish. A table spoon or two will be a proactive dose of cannabis, enough to keep a level of cannabinoids in your body, but not enough to get you high.

2) I don't decarb the leaves.trim, etc, because they will be decarbed in the cooking. Most of my ground herbs are well over 1 month old, so they are cured, anyway. I add them to the ground meat or pasta dish BEFORE cooking. Be sure you have some kind of fats/oils (ground meat is perfect) to absorb and activate the cannabinoids.

3) You can use the leaves as tea, either for you, or for your grow. Grind up for cooking herbs. They take up a lot fewer jars.

4) Another easy way to use the leaves and trim is to brew tinctures. I brew the old way.
At the new moon, put your plant material in a mason jar.
Just barely cover the plant matter with some kind of liquor, at least 80 proof. Bicardi 151 or Vodka are examples.
Cap and leave in a dark, cool place for a month. The longer, the better. I have gone 3 months, when I forgot I had a brew going.
Decant through cheesecloth or other filter.
Save the leftover mash to grind into cooking herbs.
The liquid (tincture) may be stored in the fridge indefinitely.

I use some in my nightly half-glass of wine (or a wine cooler) to eliminate arthritis pain while I sleep. You will probably get a buzz, so take no later than 1/2 hour before bedtime. (experiment for the dose best for you)

If you cannot drink wine, use V8, tomato, or fruit juice. The goal is to get the tincture down without the burn or the taste.

Tinctures can be used in any drink or food. They are already decarbed by the brewing process.

I hope this gives you some ideas.

Waste not, want not. :Namaste:
That’s great! Thanks :thanks:

This time I have to save the tincture process. I’ve seen you write that up before but then lost it - so very happy to have it again (my herbalist has explained it to me too and I always forget :rolleyes:). I’m definitely doing a tincture with this CBDCC - I’m looking for a way to get it without ingestion (so drops under the tongue). I think I don’t tolerate the ingested form of THC. Likely my dry leaf herb will be a sprinkle on after cooking approach!

Thanks AK
:Namaste:

That’s great! Thanks :thanks:

This time I have to save the tincture process. I’ve seen you write that up before but then lost it - so very happy to have it again (my herbalist has explained it to me too and I always forget :rolleyes:). I’m definitely doing a tincture with this CBDCC - I’m looking for a way to get it without ingestion (so drops under the tongue). I think I don’t tolerate the ingested form of THC. Likely my dry leaf herb will be a sprinkle on after cooking approach!

Thanks AK
:Namaste:

The amount of herb you use in your cooking isn't all that much, compared to eating it fresh as a salad or in a smoothy. The sauces used in casseroles, for example, will offset the indigestion that cannibus , or how it was prepared, causes.

However, you can mix the tincture with something that doesn't burn your mouth, and that agrees with your stomach, and hold the liquid in your mouth for a bit for absorption.

Thank you both for this invaluable conversation. I’m going to try a tincture at the next new moon on April 15. I set an alert on my phone so I don’t forget. I don’t use the phone efficiently enough yet, but I’m learning. Lol!

Ok, I came with a purpose. These pictures were taken yesterday and got lost in the flurry of excitement over on the cob thread.

Carnival is 45 day’s into flower today, right smack in the middle of her 7th week.

Weekly Update: Carnival 4.6 - Week 7

Quite the stunner, this girl. I’m hoping for something over three ounces, and she looks cooperative.

A few of the middle colas got close enough for hash tips. From now on I’ll keep them beyond 12”. Right now the canopy’s at 18” and she’s settled down. Duly noted going forward. I went back and checked the other tent, adjusting accordingly.

She’s nowhere near done. We’re at least a month out, which suggests I should have a seed started.

No wonder I grow them. Lol!

Pretty In Pink

Right smack in the middle of week 7 of flower, and still cranking away. Sometimes you look at them and wonder if they'll live up to your sometimes unrealistic expectations.

Then you begin to look closer at the explosive growth continuing all through the specimen.

You remind yourself that this is a chemovar that can go into 10 or 11 weeks before she's ready to stop producing and start gasping for harvest.

I think she's gonna be just fine. :slide:

I obviously overstressed the center of this specimen, but I don't think it's going to effect yield or potency enough to matter.

A minimum of two more weeks of watching her shine, and then it's on to cobs :yahoo:

Hiya Sue! Flowers looking lovely in here. Well done hun! :rollit::volcano-smiley:

Hiya Sue! Flowers looking lovely in here. Well done hun! :rollit::volcano-smiley:
Thank you Scottay. She'll be my last Carnival in soil. Kinda weird to say that after all this time. I'll learn to replicate that in hempy form. :battingeyelashes:

Double sided general question here. On/about photos. 1. On average how long do you veg? 2. In that time, how many times do you top that girl?

Double sided general question here. On/about photos. 1. On average how long do you veg? 2. In that time, how many times do you top that girl?

My learning curve has led me to veg about 4-5 weeks and flip. With seedlings I top once, about 5 nodes up, and with clones I LST, with the possibility of a topping if they get unwieldy.

My baby’s going all colorful in her 9th week. :slide:

Weekly Update: Week 9

Oops! Just realized the caption has Day 149 instead of 139. My mistake, and it’s too late to edit it. The flowering timeline is correct.

I’ve managed to halt the progression of the hash tips by keeping the light raised at least 18” above the canopy.

The buds are thick and frosty, just the way we like them. The increase in light power is working in my favor. This is by far the nicest specimen of Carnival I’ve grown.

Just a couple more weeks to go. :slide: Can’t wait to cob her. Neiko has some ridiculously delicious Carnival cobs curing right now, driving me crazy. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom