Tale Of 6 Seeds - G8LED Grow By First Timer

Deciding when to harvest was the toughest part of y first grow.

Nice work AS!!!! Almost there :)

Thanks SL. Worrying that I may ruin my buds after months of babying her if harvested at the wrong time got to me but I'm all good now.

I did run into a little scare today. I got home from work and when I opened my tent a wave of very hot air just blew out at me. The temperature in the tent was 93 degrees. :yikes: The room temp is only 76 so it felt really hot. Turned out the 6 inch aluminum ducting connected to my exhaust fan ripped so no air was venting out. I just finished fixing it.

IMG_2560_2.jpg
IMG_2567_2.jpg
IMG_2572_2.jpg

The leaves were drooping a bit but she seems to be fine now.

Here are some updates from my journal and pics i took today. I went Edward Scissorhands crazy on my girls last Sunday. Decided to defoliate them. They seem to have reacted well.

Business_Notes_52.jpg

Business_Notes_53.jpg

Pics of Runt taken today:
IMG_26139.JPG
IMG_26069.JPG

Pics of F1 taken today:

IMG_258911.JPG
IMG_2602_2.jpg

:yummy:

Going by the trichomes I'm gonna wait another week and check again. F1 just completed her 9th week in flower.

Thanks for stopping by. :Namaste:

Haha. Thanks bro! She really is unique. No branching what so ever. Just fattening up in a couple areas. Glad I didn't give up on her.

Looking like fat beasts! F1 is just wall-to-wall bud, nice work! Runt is a budsicle. Bud-on-a-stick haha!

You can see the calyxes still building on runt, so she's running a little behind F1.
F1 is looking like she's getting there, but still has plenty of time left. I think you are right to check her again in a week.
reps bro, that plant is stacked!

Looking like fat beasts! F1 is just wall-to-wall bud, nice work! Runt is a budsicle. Bud-on-a-stick haha!

You can see the calyxes still building on runt, so she's running a little behind F1.
F1 is looking like she's getting there, but still has plenty of time left. I think you are right to check her again in a week.
reps bro, that plant is stacked!

:rofl: Thanks CS!

Runt does look to be a few weeks behind even though they were flipped to flower at the same time. F1 is really testing my patience like nothing else. :hmmmm: Think I may snip a bud this weekend, give it a quick dry in the oven, and test her out.

:rofl: Thanks CS!

Runt does look to be a few weeks behind even though they were flipped to flower at the same time. F1 is really testing my patience like nothing else. :hmmmm: Think I may snip a bud this weekend, give it a quick dry in the oven, and test her out.

Sounds like a good plan.
I do the oven thing too, and also use some naturally dried buds, to better gauge (or cross check) potency.:peace::Namaste::high-five:

I totally want to dive face first into that F1 bush :)

Well, I got some bad news to report. My NL5xHaze is out of commission. The bean did not sprout in 3 days as usual. This is the 11th day so decided to take the bean out and sprout it in water like I did runt. The jiffy pellet was super compact but moist. I gently peeled away at the peat and noticed there was a tap root and the seed shell was dislodged. No leaves, just a 1/2 inch tap root. This was my most prized and anticipated bean. Super upset about this. I'll get over it in a month or so.:rollingeyes:

No more jiffy for me. Only for my outdoor garden now. Will start using paper towel method for future beans. In fact I have the AK47 bean going now in paper towel! Well see how that goes as its my first time trying it.

The other piece of bad news is my clones from F1. Going to dispose of them today. Next time I will clone before I put mama into flower and choose a stem that is not hard and branchy feeling like these were.

Live and Learn!

Business_Notes_55_2_.jpg

Going to dispose of them today

If you want, maybe let the clones go a bit longer....it's normal for them to yellow and get a bit tattered....and then when they've rooted, there is new growth.

You're too kind CS! I've seen your grow journals. I hope to get half your yields.

:Namaste: I hope you get twice as much :high-five:

I think you are about right with your timing. Although, she could likely use just a touch more time than that. I like to pull with very little amber, and although the pistols look dark, I would give her another 5 days or so, and then start your flush. There is a little amber on the sugar leafs (bracts), but I don't see many/any on the calyx. If the THC is maturing as it appears to be, you should start to see an amber or two on the calyxes, very soon. From the look of her glands, I'd give her 13 to 13.5 weeks total. You'd still have some great smoke if you go with Saturday too man, it's all good, she's close. If you let her go a bit more, you will get a little more maturity and balance in the resin profile, and more - w8 haha! :)

Oh no! I just flushed her yesterday evening CS. She was dry and I figure just flush now. I would have waited too bro if I saw your post first. Thanks for looking out. I did a microwave quick dry on a bud last night and tested her out. Amazing! Two hits and I was good. Heady high and mellowed out to a nice body high which I then slept like a baby. Can't wait to try the final product. Can't believe I grew this!

As for the clones you talked me into it. I'll give them another couple weeks to progress. If I don't like what I see, WHACK! :laugh:

takes clones about 2 weeks in soil, flowering clones usually double that, would help a lot if you got them in a propagator warm n humid will help with rooting, or build a diy aero cloner mukker

good luck

Oh no! I just flushed her yesterday evening CS. She was dry and I figure just flush now. I would have waited too bro if I saw your post first. Thanks for looking out. I did a microwave quick dry on a bud last night and tested her out. Amazing! Two hits and I was good. Heady high and mellowed out to a nice body high which I then slept like a baby. Can't wait to try the final product. Can't believe I grew this!

As for the clones you talked me into it. I'll give them another couple weeks to progress. If I don't like what I see, WHACK! :laugh:

She's going to be mighty fine smoke, just a preference call...and you can extend her flush if she looks like she can use it. :)
So excited for you bro!

takes clones about 2 weeks in soil, flowering clones usually double that, would help a lot if you got them in a propagator warm n humid will help with rooting, or build a diy aero cloner mukker

good luck

Thanks for the bit of advice. I started the clones in a humidity dome on top of a heat mat. They rooted fine after ~2 weeks and then I put them in soil. I took them out of dome when I transplanted to the solo cups. They just seem to not hit any sort of growth spurt. I think it may be because I took the very bottom branches that were stiff and branchy like a twig. They were also flowering.

I am looking into DWC or ebb and flow for grow later this year. Will build my own system since I'm a big DIYer. I'm looking forward to that adventure. Thanks for stopping by in my journal!

It's almost that time of year for golf down here. Can't wait! Hit'em straight TM!

Back
Top Bottom