Tale Of 6 Seeds - G8LED Grow By First Timer

Thanks Dennise, SL, CS!

Cannabis is an amazing plant and this 1st grow has been very fun and enjoyful. I can't believe all the trichomes developing. They are just abundant and bunched together everywhere. Truly beautiful! I will post pics of trichs on the next update

It get's IN you, right? Amazing updates, can't wait to see your trichs! Great work AS.

Actually better I think. It takes a bit longer of course but it is great to help with sleep and anxiety. I made my last batch of cannabutter with all the bottom popcorn buds and trim from my closet girl and I used about 2 oz to a lb of butter so it is a really potent batch and just made some carrot cake that used 2/3 cup and I think it may be the best thing I have ever eaten in my life.......:thumb: I'm thinkng its about time to get horizontal.......:circle-of-love:

Here's a couple more updates from my journal and pics. I switched my flower light to Mars 2 700 a couple days back. I was worried at first of stress but the girls seem to love it. Hi temp stays at 79 to 81 and low at night is around 64.

Business_Notes_48.jpg

Runt
IMG_23956.JPG

F1

IMG_242410.JPG

IMG_23908.JPG

IMG_2391_2.jpg

So I am pretty confused on this grow. A couple of the characteristics I have read up on for Sannies Jack doesn't seem to fit my girl at all. It is said that this strain can get pretty tall but F1 is only 19 inches. I didn't start flowering her until 5 1/2 weeks after seed broke soil. It also says that the flowering time is 10 to 13 weeks. F1 has just hit her 7 week anniversary on flip to 12/12 and to me it seems she is almost ready (I am a newb however).

I plan on doing a 2 week flush and worried if maybe I am jumping the gun to fast here. I would like to shoot for around 30 percent amber trichomes. I'm currently seeing a few trichomes turn amber already. Should I start flushing now? that would mean that she finished flowering in only 9 weeks. I mean I'm happy that the end maybe near but don't want to waste all my hard work and love I've put into this grow just to screw up the whole thing by harvesting too soon. Many of the hairs are also browning to which makes me think she is almost done.

Here are pics I just took today. I would sure appreciate any feedback or input that can be provided on if I should start flushing now.

BTW....She sure does smell amazing when I took her out of the tent for the pics. Just an incredible smell of piney, lemoney (if that's a word) MJ smell. Just amazing smell.

IMG_24757.JPG

These are pics of the top cola.

IMG_24618.JPG
IMG_246510.JPG
IMG_24667.JPG

Below is a pic of a bud just below the main cola.

IMG_247310.JPG

Again, I would sure appreciate any comments that anyone would have before I start flushing her.

So I am pretty confused on this grow. A couple of the characteristics I have read up on for Sannies Jack doesn't seem to fit my girl at all. It is said that this strain can get pretty tall but F1 is only 19 inches. I didn't start flowering her until 5 1/2 weeks after seed broke soil. It also says that the flowering time is 10 to 13 weeks. F1 has just hit her 7 week anniversary on flip to 12/12 and to me it seems she is almost ready (I am a newb however).]

Again, I would sure appreciate any comments that anyone would have before I start flushing her.

Have not grown this strain, but I have grown a Jack hybrid. On that grow, the pistols started to turn earlier than the rest of the plant (trichomes), which took a bit of take additional time, to come together. From the looks of your trichome pic of last week, it looks like you have at least 2-3 weeks minimum, but it's too hard to guess how they might change week-to-week.

What might work best, is to post new trichome pics every 5-6 days, so that others can help you choose, when to start flushing (2 weeks left). In the meantime, I would continue to feed her well, as she'll pack on some weight! :)

You could flush now and take her in two weeks, and she would be probably be pretty nice...but....she will be far better if you let her ripen fully. :high-five::Namaste::peace:

Have not grown this strain, but I have grown a Jack hybrid. On that grow, the pistols started to turn earlier than the rest of the plant (trichomes), which took a bit of take additional time, to come together. From the looks of your trichome pic of last week, it looks like you have at least 2-3 weeks minimum, but it's too hard to guess how they might change week-to-week.

What might work best, is to post new trichome pics every 5-6 days, so that others can help you choose, when to start flushing (2 weeks left). In the meantime, I would continue to feed her well, as she'll pack on some weight! :)

You could flush now and take her in two weeks, and she would be probably be pretty nice...but....she will be far better if you let her ripen fully. :high-five::Namaste::peace:

Thanks for the Advice CS! My gut feeling was she is not ready but the pistols changing color threw me off. There is nothing like experience and I have none of it at this stage so I appreciate it. I'm so nervous to harvest too early but at the same time I've read that waiting too long will also be bad. I will hold off flushing and post pics of the trichomes every so often. :thanks:

Thanks for the Advice CS! My gut feeling was she is not ready but the pistols changing color threw me off. There is nothing like experience and I have none of it at this stage so I appreciate it. I'm so nervous to harvest too early but at the same time I've read that waiting too long will also be bad. I will hold off flushing and post pics of the trichomes every so often. :thanks:

anytime :thumb: She'll have a good 1-2 week peak ripeness window, so don't worry about it too much, you're gonna nail it!

Hi smiles.:ciao:

Late to the show but sub'd. ;)
Your plant looks great man, I agree with CS, patience is in order for your harvest. Wait til you see your desired amount of amber trichomes, also when your canopy top buds get nice and firm when you gently squeeze them its another indication of ripeness. If they are still really squishy they are not ready, they should be nice and firm and dense.
Just from judging by your recent pics, you still have a little way to go, but the plant looks awesome, she will reward your patience.
:rollit:

Good luck.

What you got coming? Excited to see what's next! :high-five::peace:
Positive green vibes for safe delivery!

Appreciate the vibes. I'm snatching em all up!

I bought 8 fem beans all different strains. Maybe I should have bought 2 of each but there were so many goodies and not enough money. I felt like a kid in a candy store just in ah of all the different strains. I was on that site longer then I care to admit. There were other strains that I wanted from Nirvana but they didn't have many of their seeds. This is what I ended up with when it was all said and done.

NL5 x haze and Jack Flash 5 from Sensiseeds.
Blueberry and White Widow from Dutch Passions.
Pineapple Chunk from Barneys Farm.
S.A.G.E from TH Seeds.
Big Bang from Greenhouse Seeds.
AK 47 from Vision Seeds.

I believe they are sending free seeds also so that will be a nice surprise.

Hi smiles.:ciao:

Late to the show but sub'd. ;)
Your plant looks great man, I agree with CS, patience is in order for your harvest. Wait til you see your desired amount of amber trichomes, also when your canopy top buds get nice and firm when you gently squeeze them its another indication of ripeness. If they are still really squishy they are not ready, they should be nice and firm and dense.
Just from judging by your recent pics, you still have a little way to go, but the plant looks awesome, she will reward your patience.
:rollit:

Good luck.

Hey Stealth! Welcome to my grow journal.

Thanks for the feedback! So glad I didn't just start flushing before asking first. Just trying to absorb all the great info provided by the community here. One day hopefully I can contribute my own. You and CS have definitely put this lost grower at ease.

Nice tip with the gentle squeeze test. Will have to give that a try in a couple weeks. Hope she doesn't feel violated.

BTW...great setup you have going! Browsed thru your first journal. Amazing :thumb: Looks so futuristic and modern.

Here's my weekly pic updates. Thanks to CS and Stealth for not letting me over react on my main girl F1. I believe I've got a good grasp on things now. The brown hairs threw me off but I was also seeing a lot of amber trichomes. Im finding that the amber ones are mainly on the little fan leaves though. You'll see what I mean with the pics below. I know now to go off the trichomes on or right around the buds. She is now at 8 weeks and I will start a two week flush either next week or the week after.

She is still on a feed, feed, water schedule using FF trio. On the feedings I also started adding Grandma's unsulfured molasses about 2 weeks ago. She now needs water every 3 days.

Here are the trich pics. They are all from the first pic and just zoomed in on different areas of the first pic. The zoom shot with the amber trichs is from the fan leaf in the upper left corner.

IMG_25565.JPG

IMG_2556_2.jpg

IMG_2556_3.jpg

IMG_2556_4.jpg

IMG_2556_5.jpg

Pic under led. Buds are fattening up!

IMG_2545_2_2.jpg

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom