Tent Grow - Jack Herer - White Widow & Amnesia Haze - Mars II LED

There have been times during this grow that I think things are just stuck. Dark Devil has looked the same since last weekend. Trichomes are mostly clear. I never anticipated that it would take so long to finish. Maybe my phenom is a little different but it's an auto. At some point they are supposed to finish.

Jack Herer and White Widow are on their own time frame. I keep popping the nutes to them and I see small changes in bud development. I'm hoping these are on the right track and are packing on the weight. At some point they too will tell me when to go to straight water.

The great thing is that I'm learning. Mary, the bag seed plant I harvested at the end of Nov. is now being revegged and began new leaf development yesterday. When any of the tent girls are done, I'll learn more when I get to look at the roots.

I want my next grow to be all autos but that could always change. I had some seeds recently stolen by customs and my reorder appears to be stuck in Spain since 12/2/15.

On the good news front. Mary's nugs continue to get better daily....and I've not had to go back to buy at street level. The high is good and last for half a day so all that is good.

Thanks for popping in Cy...

Actually Jim, in following along with this grow, I've noticed quite a bit of growth in your JH and WW. Photo plants are slow compared to autos. Patience is the key when growing photos. Every plant is different, and like you said, they're on their own schedule. Just keep doing what your doing Jim. Your doing a fine job.

Smoking your own stash is the best isn't it? Nothing like smoking a nice sweet joint of some quality bud that you grew yourself. Take care Jim. Talk to you later.

That DD sure is pretty! I think I saw a "shared" DD journal. Did you get any insight as to when she might finish? Finish strong MJ!

The Dark Devil Auto community grow is that shared journal you speak of. Jim's plant is being followed there as well.

Speaking of that DDA, those are stunning leaves Jim. The DDAs can be slow to mature, but well worth the wait.

Awsome Mr. Jim! Im with Spitz on that thc ballon, very cool man. Great pics again. The DD is almost there. Getting exciting!

I haven't been able to find that bud again to see if the balloon expanded.

That DD sure is pretty! I think I saw a "shared" DD journal. Did you get any insight as to when she might finish? Finish strong MJ!

I think LEDRF has the heavy weight title over there but I post progress each Monday.

Actually Jim, in following along with this grow, I've noticed quite a bit of growth in your JH and WW. Photo plants are slow compared to autos. Patience is the key when growing photos. Every plant is different, and like you said, they're on their own schedule. Just keep doing what your doing Jim. Your doing a fine job.

Smoking your own stash is the best isn't it? Nothing like smoking a nice sweet joint of some quality bud that you grew yourself. Take care Jim. Talk to you later.

Thanks Cy. I've been thinking through this process all wrong. It's not how short (time) one makes the grow. It's actually how does one get the plants' full potential. I actually now can see that every one of these plants may be packing on possibly 1/2 gram per day in ending dry weight. That's actually not bad if my estimations are correct.

And yes! I spend most of my day enjoying the fruits. I have 3 sweet buds of my earlier grow left and my usage is moderate. I get pretty high thinking about getting high.

The Dark Devil Auto community grow is that shared journal you speak of. Jim's plant is being followed there as well.

Speaking of that DDA, those are stunning leaves Jim. The DDAs can be slow to mature, but well worth the wait.

They are beautiful aren't they? She's dark and I'm willing to bet she'll be the devil in my pipe. Most of it will get the very best wash/dry/cure I can provide. I bought special containers for the wash so that I won't forget this time. I hope Vegas is treating you well.

:thanks: all for following along. I'll try not to disappoint.

I'm in Phoenix for the next two months. Vegas is the last weekend of January. I'll do my best to hit a jackpot while I'm there. We can all celebrate. :laughtwo:

JH and WW - Day 99
Dark Devil Auto - Day 76
12/12 started 10/30/2015

Team tent is just meandering along. JH and WW are just growing out their buds. Obviously I'm astonished at this facet of the grow as it's something I've not experienced before. They got their feeding this morning of Bloom and CalMag.

Dark Devil is just about done and got her straight water again today. I'll get the loupe out later to take a closer look.

Team Tent

IMG_238016.JPG
IMG_237916.JPG

Jack Herer

IMG_239217.JPG
IMG_239015.JPG
IMG_238617.JPG
IMG_238523.JPG

White Widow

IMG_239115.JPG
IMG_239314.JPG
IMG_239615.JPG
IMG_239416.JPG

Dark Devil

IMG_238217.JPG

She's still developing pistils
IMG_238114.JPG

JH and WW - Day 101
Dark Devil Auto - Day 78
12/12 started 10/30/2015

Dark Devil is getting closer to harvest. I'm still up in the air if I should take her today or wait just a little longer. A couple of bottom buds were removed for testing.

Dark Devil

IMG_242617.JPG
IMG_242713.JPG

Jack Herer

IMG_242417.JPG
IMG_242812.JPG

White Widow

IMG_242513.JPG
IMG_242917.JPG

Dark Devil Trichomes

Image118101.jpg
Image125100.jpg
Image127100.jpg
Image126101.jpg
Image128100.jpg

Not yet Jim. Looking at the trichomes I see mostly clear. What are you seeing? With the DDAs you want to let her go as long as you can make yourself wait. I prefer to wait until there are no new pistils forming at the peak. It's a personal thing. When they're ready the trichomes will suddenly all go cloudy. It happens fairly quickly. I'm assuming you're shooting for the zippy, boarderline hallucinogenic effects?

I love this stage, but it always makes me laugh at how much I have to reign myself in to keep from chopping early. You've been wonderfully patient. Listen to them. They'll tell you when they're ready. You've established a good rapport with your charges. I know you'll be able to hear those subtle cries of "the time is now". I'm really impressed with how well you've done and how much enjoyment you'd derived from growing. Life will never be the same again, or should I just say, "Welcome to your new reality."

We're gonna be growing until we drop. Isn't that a nice thought? I'm looking forward to your next grow Jim. You're going to be surprised at how smoothly the next grow runs. You've learned so much with these two grows. Have you noticed yet a proclivity to smoke more frequently? Just curious about that.

You're about to reach that magical point where you have jars of inventory, and I couldn't be happier for you. :yahoo:

Not yet Jim. Looking at the trichomes I see mostly clear. What are you seeing? With the DDAs you want to let her go as long as you can make yourself wait. I prefer to wait until there are no new pistils forming at the peak. It's a personal thing. When they're ready the trichomes will suddenly all go cloudy. It happens fairly quickly. I'm assuming you're shooting for the zippy, boarderline hallucinogenic effects?

I love this stage, but it always makes me laugh at how much I have to reign myself in to keep from chopping early. You've been wonderfully patient. Listen to them. They'll tell you when they're ready. You've established a good rapport with your charges. I know you'll be able to hear those subtle cries of "the time is now". I'm really impressed with how well you've done and how much enjoyment you'd derived from growing. Life will never be the same again, or should I just say, "Welcome to your new reality."

We're gonna be growing until we drop. Isn't that a nice thought? I'm looking forward to your next grow Jim. You're going to be surprised at how smoothly the next grow runs. You've learned so much with these two grows. Have you noticed yet a proclivity to smoke more frequently? Just curious about that.

You're about to reach that magical point where you have jars of inventory, and I couldn't be happier for you. :yahoo:

:thanks: for the "not yet" comment. I was hoping someone would chime in.

I was on the phone with my brother (actually, my S-I-L) and got up to date on arrangements. I made my decision then about waiting until Friday, at least.

I was trying to talk myself into seeing mostly cloudy but it's just not there. Yes, I am seeking hallucinogenic high and I'm determined to wait it out so I won't have any regrets. I'm starting to notice a few harvests that appear to be harvests of convenience rather than whether the flower was ripe or not.

I really want to get her with a few ambers. Trichs are sometimes picking up the purple hue of the sugar leaves.

So she's back in her spot. I'm enjoying the test buds. Smoke was smooth as silk with some earthy tones. Hit forehead with a little hello mellow and has some energetic effect.

Yes...I find myself smoking until later in the day.

She sure is pretty! Makes me want to go drop some DD seeds! I must show restraint! Keep doing what your doing MJ!

She might be worth investing in some clear papers. Yeah, it's just novelty, but they are pretty cool! Lol

I wasn't aware they made clear papers. How cool! You're right, those buds would be striking rolled in clear. :laughtwo:

JH and WW - Day 103
Dark Devil Auto - Day 80
12/12 started 10/30/2015

I guess it wouldn't be unusual for all my plants to continue for many more days. It has started to rain again today and I feel like I'm running the dehumidifier quite a bit. Rain could last two days.

Team Tent

IMG_244516.JPG

Jack Herer

IMG_245016.JPG

White Widow

IMG_245119.JPG

Dark Devil Auto

IMG_245420.JPG
IMG_245517.JPG
IMG_245616.JPG

Mary's Re-veg

Two weeks ago:

IMG_224019.JPG

Today

IMG_245714.JPG

:woohoo: Oh Jim, I'm envious! :laughtwo: The Jack Herer looks so tasty. Those colas are huge! You're going to really enjoy that one, my friend. :battingeyelashes: The White Widow is so chunky! Good grief, and then there's that magnificent Dark Devil Auto and Mary revegging. You're just immersed in good news today, aren't you? :high-five:

Those revegged plants have been giving harvests that far surpass the original hauls. Think of how sweet it'd be to get Mary twice over. :battingeyelashes: That's what you should anticipate, considering how much more informed you are now than when you began.

Reps Baby. You've earned them. May the rains abate soon. :circle-of-love:

:woohoo: Oh Jim, I'm envious! :laughtwo: The Jack Herer looks so tasty. Those colas are huge! You're going to really enjoy that one, my friend. :battingeyelashes: The White Widow is so chunky! Good grief, and then there's that magnificent Dark Devil Auto and Mary revegging. You're just immersed in good news today, aren't you? :high-five:

Those revegged plants have been giving harvests that far surpass the original hauls. Think of how sweet it'd be to get Mary twice over. :battingeyelashes: That's what you should anticipate, considering how much more informed you are now than when you began.

Reps Baby. You've earned them. May the rains abate soon. :circle-of-love:

First time I've felt good all day. :thanks:

My Internet went belly up (well not quite ) yesterday and had a visit from service technician today. He replaced some bits and pieces but the throughput speed had already corrected itself. I'm just glad I saved the charts from yesterday.

Anyway, Mary's leaves don't look so good so I need to go back and re-read that thread again to see if I can figure it out. I did change out the CFLs to the ones for grow rather than flower and I put the fan back and started temp and rh monitoring again. I wrote to my seed company today as my delivery is overdue. It appears to be stuck since 12/2/15 ship date in some post office in Spain. Such is life. If I don't get my new auto seeds, I'll pop the 2 Dark Devil seeds I have and 2 of the free seeds (photos) and move Mary to the tent. Of course I still have to wait until everything's finished. So much for planning.

One of the seeds I have is Afghani which is regular and I really do wish to grow her out.

Very nice mr. Jim! I agree with Sues advice on waiting. Personally i havnt made it to the recommended harvest date yet. Its easy to talk yourself into chopping early.on my next one i am going to wait. Splendid pics sir :tokin:

:thanks: Nick. Always interested in your thoughts as well. All of you give me the goods and it's up to me to keep focused on the finish line.

I know I'm terribly late to the party, but I'm subbing anyway! I have read through your journal, and am very encouraged by the success you are having with your first grow! Great job so far, Jim! :thumb:

I can't wait to get my first grow going. I hope it will be as good as yours!

Welcome SlowToke. My girls are slow finishers so you're right here for the end. Actually I've been smoking on my first grow since the first week in December so it was a blessing for me. It's allowed me to be somewhat patient here. Two of these are cup winners and I want to experience something close to that quality. Then there's what I'm learning to be perhaps the most critical part of the grow - drying and curing.

Your dark devil looks stunning jim. Damn they all do. :welldone:

Hi Mr A. I see you've been busy readying for holiday. Does this include the trip to Spain that Mrs. A gave you?

I haven't tended much to the girls until today. DD has stopped producing pistils and I'm hoping for milky trichomes this week. All I want to see is a couple of amber and I'll chop. The photo girls began straight water today. I'm fairly certain they're within 2 weeks. Bottom leaves of JH being used as a nutrient source. Things are getting interesting.

Back
Top Bottom