The 4x4 Grow Tent Club

420 update!

Happy Holidays!

69c113970f34a45108861b57f86bacb6.jpg
a0ab40dfa43fe3cdefe71e715e9b3cd3.jpg
b0bc20d64eea9e3c0124977b1ff4bcc2.jpg

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using 420

To help any other noobs just starting out like me, I kept having these tiny little flies that looked like REALLY small mosquitoes. Not a lot of them, but they showed up. I tried everything organic to get rid of them. Nothing worked. Small problem because of the number of them. But a problem nonetheless. Today, I took my girls out of the net and tent to get some sunlight. I decided to clean my tent even though it wasn't really dirty. Turns out, that bottom piece that ties into the corners isn't waterproof. The water had sank under it and made tiny pools of water.

I took it out and cleaned it with a bathroom cleaner that kills mould. I didn't see any mould but just to be safe, I knocked it out. Then I set the bottom piece outside in the sun to quick dry and left the tent doors open with all the fans on to air it out.

Put all my shit back and the bugs are gone now. I'm guessing the pooled water attracted them. Here's pics of what I did and of the girls in natural light.
a18e12b0e31ebc7f3467338e3eed61fa.jpg
883143a47c121df0cd52c7ae8c6fac71.jpg
45d776d77382aa216fc32373ec969cea.jpg
7dfc4bcc563ac0fcca390b6823593b5a.jpg

Best way to keep those gnats out of your tent is to get a HOTSHOT Pest Strip, their like 5 bux at wallyworld, they kill flying and crawling bugs just by hanging inside your tent, they give off a vapor that makes sure bugs are dead, I read this I think it was on this site a while back, so now I keep it in my tent, IT ALSO KILLS SPIDER MITES!

Good Luck Bro, and the setup is looking good.

Question for yall,
I have a chance at getting a Solis Tek Matrix De for 165.00 brand new would that be overkill for my 4x4? I know heat is a big ass issue, so I was looking at a DE bulb since they run cooler, still gotta get me a good blower.
If I dont go this way, then just gonna get a 600 Magnetic with a Ushio Opti Red and Blue bulbs.

I bought two KING full spectrum LED lights from Amazon for about 100 bucks each. I followed this guy's video to the letter.

How I grow Marijuana indoors - YouTube

I can tell you this much, the heat generated from LED's is minimal at most BUT the light spread and PAR readings change drastically by light positions.

With your lights, you gotta be a little more specific. They range in wattage. There's an actual formula for finding out the necessary wattage for the type of lighting you're using.

Calculate grow light watts from Growco Indoor Garden Supply

Your main concern will be the heat though. I got 4 fans total. One outtake, one intake, and 2 small 6 inch oscillators.

I watched the vid from Cali page and yea I'm subscribed to his channel he is great,
but I was checking out the king 1600 and arrarently it comes out to 400w so gonna stay clear of them and mostl likely go with my hps, I wanted to get a marshydro but they just keep raising their prices.
I currently use a mars 300 on my mother in my 4x4 and as soon as the clones take off growing then gonna flower her.

Keep us updated on how your kings are holding up bro, might just get one later if they still show good signs

You know, I have been growing a 9 lbs hammer with nothing but a 150 watt plant bulb in a construction type of light and the plant seemed to stretch appropriately. My white rhinos have been under the two 300 watt LED kings and they got REALLY bushy but not very tall at all. I think next go around, I'll start with the plant bulbs and move to the LEDs during flowering. But I WILL keep you guys updated. Thanks for all the advice

Glad to say I finally got my light, The place I went to gave me a brand new Solis Tek Matrix for 169 and a used almost brand new xtrasun reflector for 60 and he threw in a free adapter for the light to hookup to the matrix.
If anyone here lives around Central Calif he has the ballasts still brand new and he also carries used ballasts, for around 100.00 depending what they are.
Now I am gonna get that mother flowering fast then throw in some clones and get them going next, still gotta build my scrog.
Love my 4x4

Ok need some advice, tell me if this sounds crazy or can be done, I havent gotten a inline fan yet so wil not hook up a 1000w aircooled reflector yet.
I have 2 air hockey table fans that blow some very serious air, I was wondering if I take a 8" pvc pipe about 6" long then place a cap on it and cut a hole in the middle for the fan blades to fully air through and mount the fan on the cap, it is totally feasible, but was wondering if the 8" pvc will fit over the 8" hold on the reflector, since it is actually 7 3/4 inches
This would be a temp setup till I can get a good deal on a inline but these babys blow hard so gonna use one and later I was gonna use the xtra one at the window on th4e end of the ducting for more pull. these fans are 6"

I would guess you're biggest issue would be to find out if the air it blows warms over time. Just because it blows air, doesn't necessarily mean that over time, it wouldn't heat up that air. I didn't even use my inline outtake fan until I got into flowering. I only have 3 plants though.

Hello folks,

I have decided to exercise my legal right as a resident of the great state of Oregon and a MMJ patient and to begin the process of purchasing a 4x4 tent and setting it up tomorrow. I will initially begin the growing process indoors, as I am not moving into the house officially until June 1st, at which time I will move the tent into a shed - that was clearly once used for growing some bud back in the day - after I finish the process of removing some shelves, sanitizing the space, and placing insulation therein.
I live in Portland and the temperatures are very mild, so I think a portable air conditioner/dehumidifier in the shed, as well as the fans and cooling within the tent itself, should provide sufficient cooling and prevent overheating. In the winter I plan to put a small safe heater if necessary.
The current roof in the shed is a sun roof, so I am a little worried about excess light leaking in - So i wanted to know of some advice as to any possibilities for preventing that. Though it might be a Null concern due to the fact that it does rain here quite a bit and there is a tree over the roof partially.
I plan to grow 4 plants in soil for my first grow, despite my desire to jump in head first I will likely purchase either 4 clones of sour diesel, gorilla glue #4, or Bubble Gum - as I am very picky about what I smoke after living in PDX and want to have what I like all the time.

I would love some input as to the plausibility of maintaining a suitable grow environment in the shed - after insulating it and cooling it. I would also love some advice as to which one of those 3 stones you would recommend. I intend to only grow 4 plants during the first grow, so I am going to veg those suckers to the max and fatten them puppies up big time before letting them get nice and tall-like.
Any and all input is appreciated, as I am certainly green in this process - pun intended.

PdxDUDE89

I wouldn't grow outside of my house for security reasons.

I wouldn't grow different strains at the same time for my first grow. Its a lot to keep up with and each strain requires different attention.

Back
Top Bottom