The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

Blue strawberries...Blue/violet watermelon...seriously??

I'm editing this post. These things are reportedly "not available for human consumption"

All the snow is gone here! High winds though, lots of trees down and debris again.

Spring is close!

:circle-of-love:

A tornado passed just north of us 2 nights ago. Still blustery today. Lots of doorknob rattling.

A single crocus is 1-2 weeks ahead of the rest of the bulbs.

20170305_140630-1.jpg

60 MPH sustainable winds here for 12 hours non stop....can't recall ever going through something like this....very scary....windows rattling, shingles flying off the roof....10 times power went off and then went on....at 6:15pm it went off....and never came back on....building a fire in the wood stove in the dark....scrambling for candles....going to bed early because of nothing to do....putting my boot through the horses 100 gallon water tank to give them water to drink....and then trying to save the grow....holy cow....power back on now after several days and am grateful...800,000 people without, 1/3 of the customers.....will address the ramifications tomorrow....had 2 plants hermie already because of the stress.....nightmare extraordinaire.....power is under rated.....

60 MPH sustainable winds here for 12 hours non stop....can't recall ever going through something like this....very scary....windows rattling, shingles flying off the roof....10 times power went off and then went on....at 6:15pm it went off....and never came back on....building a fire in the wood stove in the dark....scrambling for candles....going to bed early because of nothing to do....putting my boot through the horses 100 gallon water tank to give them water to drink....and then trying to save the grow....holy cow....power back on now after several days and am grateful...800,000 people without, 1/3 of the customers.....will address the ramifications tomorrow....had 2 plants hermie already because of the stress.....nightmare extraordinaire.....power is under rated.....

I'm glad you made it through.
Glad your sense of irony and humor made it with you.

This will be a good month for generator sales in the midwest - I've seen a couple come up for auction, but the good ones still go for hundreds of dollars.

It's all over with here finally. Last night was the last of it, although today's wind brought snow squalls with it, and baby it's ccccccoooold outside.
The power company did not get any rest, and probably won't for a while. I hear it's the worst power outage from high winds in numbers of customers that they have ever experienced.
I sure hope it's over with for you too Shawnee. My power wasn't out more than one day total, so I'm hoping all the plants will be okay.
I have lots of debris to clean up, and my brother gets a couple more trees to cut up for next winters' heat.

It's all over with here finally. Last night was the last of it, although today's wind brought snow squalls with it, and baby it's ccccccoooold outside.
The power company did not get any rest, and probably won't for a while. I hear it's the worst power outage from high winds in numbers of customers that they have ever experienced.
I sure hope it's over with for you too Shawnee. My power wasn't out more than one day total, so I'm hoping all the plants will be okay.
I have lots of debris to clean up, and my brother gets a couple more trees to cut up for next winters' heat.

Hang in there Canna. You are probably more the norm this week than the exception. I am below the Mason Dixon Line and it looks as if were gonna get a few flakes this weekend followed by a week of high 20's to low 50's. :surrender: Daffoldils, Quince, Bradford Pears, Blue Bells are all up and Dogwoods and Tulips are almost here. Spring is such a fickle mistress.
Love this thread. All of you are great and look forward to some Beautiful Changing of the Seasons pics.

:green_heart:

Guage

Just took the dog out front instead of out back and saw come crocuses came up.....wooo hooo!

Tis' the season. Thanks.

"Be a man not a kid, smoke pot by the lid".......Bucky

I have turkeys in my yard every morning now. It's great to see.
You are far ahead of my area in the blooming. Those pictures were nice, thank you! This week started some warmer weather, and we shouldn't see too many more nights in the low twenties now. Hopefully......:laugh:
Spring is creeping in slowly.

We hit 90 twice already. It's going to be hell working horses this summer.

Sent from my SM-G900T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

with a name like Odinsmaster i would have thought you were a coastal kind of person.

My neighbor two doors down was swept away by a wave while visiting the Oregon coast. We adopted his Shepard. Cried my eyes out a couple month's later when his brother came to get the dog. Amazing animals. He was that one animal in a persons lifetime we get lucky enough to connect on a spiritual level.

We are blessed by the animals who share their lives with us :Namaste:. I find it easier to be with them than people. Animals don't judge us and we don't put up a false mask with them, it wouldn't do any good as they would see right through it. :laughtwo: Have a great day. Dan

The cat decided to play clean the table with hand sculpted and painted clay fairy heads the young lady was making - 3 days of artistic creativity smashed. (sigh) Animals are a blessing...

- - -

The bees were in the crocus this morning

20170324_105507-1.jpg

Our first daffodil bloomed today while we were away at the garden show.

20170324_174538-1.jpg

Afterwards, I put up a low sectional fence in the front left around the fountain.

20170324_174657.jpg

A city worker at the garden show said he would be glad to visit the house and discuss my plans for a water garden. If approved, they will pay me to landscape my own yard. :)

We are blessed by the animals who share their lives with us :Namaste:. I find it easier to be with them than people. Animals don't judge us and we don't put up a false mask with them, it wouldn't do any good as they would see right through it. :laughtwo: Have a great day. Dan

hey lobosolo, I am an extreme animal rescuer and lover extraordinaire....I've had horses, minis, pot belly pigs, dogs, barn cats and goats.....I had to take my cat to the vet today; he scratched his eyeball deeply somehow and I have had to apply (in a perfect world) drops 3 times a day....really? in an effort to save his eye....I have somehow managed to accomplish 2 times per day....the vet was so pleased and he is making progress....I saw a gal walk out in tears with tissue and immediately knew she had put down her beloved....and then I broke down after she left.....kind of hard to hide it in a packed room of people....I'm just the gardener here on this property......:laughtwo: Yes, they are extraordinary spirits....

Odin, where do you live?

look for a PM....

Back
Top Bottom