The Capn's Simple Hydroponics Cook Off - Goal: 1lb Indoors - Journal

lol Sky, it works fine, so I won't be making a grow box, but a res cooler, hmmmmmmmmmm :winkyface:

I'm with Sl1ng though, DWC still intimidates me. I fell in love with flood & drain in the 90's and will have a hard time leaving it.

If it ends up in the basement, it will be for trim, stockpiling ice, and maybe storing vacuum sealed jars of nuggs. :)

Well if water temps ever become an issue in the F&D, connect a 25' length (or 2 lengths) to your water pump, through your res to the fridge, poke a hole in the side, loop some coils anywhere in the fridge, then back through the fridge wall to the flood emitters. Just bead up the spaces in the holes with silicone caulking and your fridge just became a chiller for the price of the pex and silicone.

lol Sky, it works fine, so I won't be making a grow box, but a res cooler, hmmmmmmmmmm :winkyface:

I'm with Sl1ng though, DWC still intimidates me. I fell in love with flood & drain in the 90's and will have a hard time leaving it.

If it ends up in the basement, it will be for trim, stockpiling ice, and maybe storing vacuum sealed jars of nuggs. :)

I'd say fill it full of beer but I dont drink anymore haha, somethings never quit triggering

>>I'm coming for you cap'n.

awweee yeeeaah, that plant is nice. Wow. Would you say you have about 60+ colas?

I dont know how many and I dont even know if you consider tham "Colas" to me there just buds. I always thought a cola was a lot longer?
Oh well whatever but HEY thanks for the Compliment Cap'n.
"AHH Yeah" s1ingblades big blue thumb, ow smashing it in the door hurts lol

Thanks AfricanGrower, I always get ready to call you Afghooey sorry but its such a great strain when I think of AG its the afghooey I think of, smoke it or grow it if you get a chance

Yo what up dudes. sling you are absolutely right about that afghooey what an awesome strain!! its one of the frostiest girls i have right now and is super stanky too i love it. in my area its only rated at an A- but looks like A+++ for sure.

OK folks, here is what should be the third update? Not sure cause Im a little off due to the first few days to a week I had some quick fix issues with my Lights and timers so Im like a week behine the cap'n.
Here is a pic or two of the critical +by dinafem. One of the earliest plants i have grown to be this sticky this soon.
DSCN08268.JPG
DSCN08278.JPG
DSCN08239.JPG
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/image4911.jpg[/

I have the plant on a 10pm on and 10am off light schedule, the irrigation comes on 6 times a night for 3 mins each time. It only takes 30-60 seconds for it to give lots of run off so I think another two mins is fine? Chime in fellow top feeders!
Its 10:30pm- 10:33 12:30-12:33 2:30-2:33 4:30-4:33 6:30-6:33 8:30-8:33
I am still running the Advanced N.'s 2 part bloom plus big bud and overdrive. I am also running GHs 3 part flora but am doing that on other plants, just wanted to keep this one on what it was already on, if that makes any sense.
If anyone can pick up on the tension there are lots of raids going on in my area and the local yocals got me stressing. Wonder how many of them make beer, wine or even hard booze? Whatever! I dont want to get started here. Sorry Cap!
Oh yeah 800 ppms is what Im shooting for this week and will bump it to 900 tomorrow.
I need to add another wall mount fan this week and possibly a thermostatically controlled fish tank heater, my room gets a little cold before lights on and by then the res. is the same as the ambient and I dont want that first 10:30 feeding to chilly? Another thing I need some advice on. Chime in boys! Speaking of boys wheres all the girls? Dont girls like to grow Big plants as well as small ones?

So thats what has been going on this week and I will be back next weekend for another update with pics, now im off to find Hiker to speak port a/c's and how best to seal them off[/QUOTE]

man looking awesome there sling!! got me jealous over here. wanted to ask you, noticed you are using gh 3 part and advanced nutes on seperate stuff correct?? so which do you like better, if you have already mentioned my bad just now scrolling thru your journal. im on the gh 3 part as well with all the bloom boosters gh offers and it seems to be working fantastic. then again i have no clue because its my first grow haha.
Also wanted to throw this madness out there for you pros, spoke to a guy who i sold half of my hydro ebb flo n gro set up to, long story short says hes been using that same system with, get this, Miracle grow as his nutes!!??? swore he gets over 23% from his stuff using only miracle grow lmao!?? didnt doubt it i also have a couple growing in miracle grow potting soil(those hermies) despite the fact being hermies they grew fine and loved the soil?? any thoughts on this or know anyone whos used this method, because shit id rather spend 20$ on miracle grow than 200$ on another GH 3 part lol.

man looking awesome there sling!! got me jealous over here. wanted to ask you, noticed you are using gh 3 part and advanced nutes on seperate stuff correct?? so which do you like better, if you have already mentioned my bad just now scrolling thru your journal. im on the gh 3 part as well with all the bloom boosters gh offers and it seems to be working fantastic. then again i have no clue because its my first grow haha.
Also wanted to throw this madness out there for you pros, spoke to a guy who i sold half of my hydro ebb flo n gro set up to, long story short says hes been using that same system with, get this, Miracle grow as his nutes!!??? swore he gets over 23% from his stuff using only miracle grow lmao!?? didnt doubt it i also have a couple growing in miracle grow potting soil(those hermies) despite the fact being hermies they grew fine and loved the soil?? any thoughts on this or know anyone whos used this method, because shit id rather spend 20$ on miracle grow than 200$ on another GH 3 part lol.
High There Kidd,
All I can say right now is I like both of them. Ask me again in six weeks and I'll know more. I like how easy the AN PH Perfect line works and then I love the versatility of the traditional three part nutrients. I was raised on three part and the first ever was Extra Edge which you can still get. I like the way I can tailor it for different stages and not to have to have two sets like the AN.
Like i mentioned I'll know more in six weeks as I have an OG Kush flowering right now on the GH Flora three part plus GH flora blend and weekly Heisenberg tea. When shes done ill have a better opinion. Im pretty sure I'd pick up either brand right now if the cost wasnta factor. I'm looking for results and if I can get it from the GH than I'd probably go that route as its cheaper.
Can't wait to see the critical tonight, shes in full swell model nd im hoping to keep her going till Nov.15th but I don't know? Yesterday morning I checked her glands under the handheld and all clear as I hoped for.

Almost forget, the MG question, I've gotten great results in the past but I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for, well as long as you don't get ripped but there's so many better choices out there and to me it always seemed like the MG soil as well as most of there granular food was more geared twds. Vegetative growth. I found myself looking for solutions in flower due to border lining deficiencies. Grew some of my biggest outdoor fan leaves ever on the miracle. It can be done and I also know a guy who getst he cheap version of MG kinda generic and he's running it in hydro. The cool thing about growing meds is there's no one right way, its as versitle as we are and your imagination is your only limitation other than funds of course.
Take a bit of each harvest and put it twds. Your next piece of equipment or whatever it is you want to upgrade or improve.
Keep coming back Kidd

Like i mentioned I'll know more in six weeks as I have an OG Kush flowering right now on the GH Flora three part plus GH flora blend and weekly Heisenberg tea. When shes done ill have a better opinion.

Are you using the tea with the AN grow?
If yes, are you concerned if something in the tea may work with or against anything in either of the products that would lead to an unnatural result?
If no, is it fair to stack a nute up against another nute, tea and additive? I don't know if you're giving your comparison this much scrutiny or even if that matters, just wanted to point this out in case it does matter that much.

If yes, are you concerned if something in the tea may work with or against anything in either of the products that would lead to an unnatural result?
If no, is it fair to stack a nute up against another nute, tea and additive? I don't know if you're giving your comparison this much scrutiny or even if that matters, just wanted to point this out in case it does matter that much.

Yeah im using tea with both brands, all plants seedlings clones anything I have gets tea once a week.
Nah no comparison here or scrutiny. Now if I figured out some magical potion of course I'll fill you all in. I'm not even bringing any of the other plants up cause for one this isn't the place and two i still haven't started my second journal. Believe it or not like Ripleys but I've been too damn busy. Its hard keeping up with all my subscriptions here and that sux. Basically im just trying to use up the rest of my B52, and big bud cause there getting low. That and she's been on it the whole time and thriving so since she aint broke... Ya know?
What I will do and I still owe you all a suprise but what I'm doing on the other plants is waiting till there done and post a journal start to finish so you all can read it at once if you choose or however but it will be completed. Wonder if a blog is the right place for something like that or journal it?

As for the upcoming goodie it will be at the end of the grow. Once shes harvested and weighed.
Man im beat but have rooms coming on in 45 mins so its time to go so im ready to play, shoot! Work is a four letter word.
Ill post more pics soon, I wish I had a better comp so I could do a video. Hard drives squashed maybe a USB HD?

I wish I had a better comp so I could do a video. Hard drives squashed maybe a USB HD?

A USB HDD is just a storage device, it doesn't have any computing power. I think your concern lies in the GPU of the computer. Literally any computer you find on any store shelf today should have a strong enough GPU to record, edit and process the video. I have the cheapest laptop Wally's has to offer and have found that it can be pushed here and there, making a video might be construed as a light push.

>>>are you concerned if something in the tea may work with or against anything in either of the products

You can use tea in dirt, hydro, cubes soiless, on the grass on your back yard, and in addition to just about any nutrient brand. The key is... don't add products to the tea outside the recipe unless you have a specific reason and know they are ok to add. That said, I'm still using the original recipe.

>>>is it fair to stack a nute up against another nute, tea and additive?

It is best to like the nutrient chemists make the recipe, and us follow it. However, if you ask a more specific question, I'll try to answer this.

Now I'm really curious about this Heisenberg tea haha besides the name being rad can someone copy the link again??
And thanks for the info sling I'll ask again in six weeks to see which you prefer and go from there with my next grow.
Posted a question on my journal hoping you'd come answer but now that I'm here I will ask you hoping you don't mind?? Since youre using gh series as well. Wondering about the flora nectar ?? Have you or are you using it?? I'm at day 44 and i wanna add everything I can to boost em. Wanna just add some molasses to my mix as I heard that really packs on size and sweetness when added to soil but how can I add it to hydro have you ever done anything like that?

Now I'm really curious about this Heisenberg tea haha besides the name being rad can someone copy the link again??
And thanks for the info sling I'll ask again in six weeks to see which you prefer and go from there with my next grow.
Posted a question on my journal hoping you'd come answer but now that I'm here I will ask you hoping you don't mind?? Since youre using gh series as well. Wondering about the flora nectar ?? Have you or are you using it?? I'm at day 44 and i wanna add everything I can to boost em. Wanna just add some molasses to my mix as I heard that really packs on size and sweetness when added to soil but how can I add it to hydro have you ever done anything like that?
Do yourself a BIG favor and go spend some time reading the cap'ns blogs

Scroll down and look at the one about the flushing and sugary products
that should answer your question about the nectar and if your want to know how i brew Heisenberg's tea
in a five gallon bucket with air stone i add
5 gallons RO water
25 ml's Aqua Shield
2cups ancient Forrest
1 tea spoon greatwhite
1 tablespoon molasses
I brew for three days and add a little fresh ro water if somes lost due to evaporation.
On the third night i water my plants and then I give each one some tea right at the trunk.
Just how i do it, is it right? It is for me :)
As for the molasses i use the cheap grocery store stuff but am looking into getting something in bulk so im sure it won't be my granny's for long lol.
Now is this THE exact Heisenberg i dunno but this is exactly what I've been shown and too be honest its working better than the ultra expensive "progressive" stuff you can spend a lot when you can go visit your grandparents (if your lucky enough to still have any, and if you do GO VISIT before its too late!) your grandma is sure to have the sweets and your pops will have the bucket and some other cool shit he'd love to give ya.
Don't forget his cataract pressured can be relieved to a Degree.
So now im thinking I better go talk to the cap'n and get him to post his tea recipe in his blogs! I looked but I didn't see it, yet.
Have Ya'll seen his blogs yet? There the bomb, super cool reference material and like I was going to say my roots are more bleach white now that I'm letting bennies do the work instead of trying to run a clean room res.
Im so old my grandparents are long gone but he was an old school master electrician petty officer in the U.S. Navy and cataracts and such didn't matter cause we wasn't going to be having NO weed lol. Some of the members here are at a n age now like my son where there Fathers and Grandfathers smoke so yeah go see your granny and take her a spliff of your finest.
My father taught me how to take care of plants in the Mountains of Norther California above the triangle back then and this was 1976. Three more years and I'll have been under this plants spell for four decades haha
OK s1ing has one Grandmother left who is 98 years old and when I took he family to DisneyLand last summer I went and seen her and she tried giving me money haha Not I went and paid a months rent for her real quick and oh my God I couldn't stop crying cause I felt so bad that it had been so long so yeah if you got em go see em.
Thats my tip of the day

Hahaha i love the el guapo picture from the three amigos. "we dont need no stinkin ph meters"

lol

As for you! Ill deal with you later!
Haha
image4975.jpg

You really know how to keep an audience hanging s1ing LOL.
Im sorry voodoo, here's a little eye candy just for you :)
DSCN05953.JPG

A USB HDD is just a storage device, it doesn't have any computing power. I think your concern lies in the GPU of the computer. Literally any computer you find on any store shelf today should have a strong enough GPU to record, edit and process the video. I have the cheapest laptop Wally's has to offer and have found that it can be pushed here and there, making a video might be construed as a light push.

I should've said USB drive so I can make some room on my MacBook Pro, its awful fast enough for my videos its my HD space is like at two gigs and my hard drive video camera needs to be dumped
So until then its no vids.

Hey Kidd
Here is the link to the cap'ns blog about the tea
420 Magazine ®
He has a bunch of great info in those blogs and the pics are outstanding. I think he should make an E Book on how to crow cap'n style!
Im sure well seethe cap'n on the MOTM here one of these months, congrats to this months winners, way to go BFAM and spimp.

Back
Top Bottom