The Deep Water Culture Home

I emailed crbanshee's post to the owner at SH, and he was upset. He said there is no excuse for that kind of service and he would ask the employyes if they know who crbanshee is, and look at his order history. If the nutes were paid for, he'd over night them.

I 'll tell ya, I been ordering there for 4 years and they do mess up and make mistakes, but they will amply and fastly correct them too.

There was a mistake on my first order, which was pretty large, lots of different items. I called right away, they gave me no arguement or hassle and re-shipped the items immediately. They arrived 2 days later. I was a happy camper.

OK people here we go. These are the pictures of my one bud wonder or OBW for short. I will repost the growing picture and then go from there.

One_Bud_Wonder.jpg
Growing yesterday

OBW_before_trimming.jpg
Before trimming...wasn't sure what I would find.

OBW_Trim.jpg
No trim to talk about.

OBW_measured_15_inches_110_grams_wet.jpg
So she was 15" and 110 grams...what will she be dry?

OBW_in_box_drying.jpg
Hanging for her life...lol

Well hope you enjoy. I am proud of myself. Now I just have to figure out how to get this resin of my fingers. I rubbed them together and have some in a pile next to me ready to smoke.

That is awesome alien8! Your patience really paid off! Wish I could +rep you but won't let me yet. :goodjob::bravo::welldone:

For a small reservoir like ten gallon size, or for a five gallon bucket, I like the Dual Whisper Aquarium pumps and two stones, that you can find anywhere.
They are cheap and easy to replace.

Someone else will have to discuss the larger reservoirs and larger air pumps. I don't have any experience with thwm.

Thanks roseman, so there is no certain l/p/m needed? I am taking that as no since thos whispers put off a low amount but still work good.

My WW is now lonely. It hardly drank today but is getting better light. Harvest will be soon. I took a look at the buds and they seem to be about two inches each. I will never know till it is cut and cleaned up.

Shew... OBW is pretty.
That's a genotype I'd loved to seen carried on.. perfect for SOGs.

I repped you. :)

:welldone:

Hey Deep Water Culture! I want to start off by saying thanks, for the community of knowledge and friendship that these forums hold. If it wasn't for good people like you, I wouldn't have known where to begin. But know that I have begun down the wonderful road, I have encounter my share of bumps and tight curves, so if it’s ok I will give as much information as I can so maybe you can help me get back on solid ground. Please excuse the lengthy post...

The trip began in Mid May with 5 friends along for the ride but my inexperience caused me to lose a few along the way. But after a few bumps and bruises, there are 2 soldiers left. Being how they were all in the same reservoir and enduring the same environment and perhaps stresses that I may have caused by mistake, I can’t figure out how these 2 survived while the others died for some reason. But whatever the reason, it makes me think that these 2 are fighters.

I have 2 main concerns.

1. Their growth rate, when I research what a plant should look like at 3 weeks, mine look like seedlings compared to other peoples at 3 weeks so it really leads me to think I’m doing something wrong or forgetting something, I just don’t know. Most people seem to get close to 12” in height at 3 weeks with many braches and limbs. Mine are maybe 4-5inches. Am I doing something to slow their growth??
2. The second thing that makes me wonder if I’m doing something wrong is the leaves. Currently I have 4 different leaf problems, the whole leaf curling up like a taco shape, the ends curling down, the sides curling up, and lastly the whole stem and/or leaves drooping. I have read that certain things a leaf does can tell you when something is wrong but when they are doing all these things at once, I don’t know what to think!?!

Here is the rundown of the room –

Strain - GH WW
Nutrients - General Hydroponics Flora 3 Series
Hydro setup – Deep Water Culture! 10 gallon res w/ 6 gallons of water, using 2 10" air stones and a water pump to the net pots ( recently took the water pump out b/c roots are in the water now)
Medium - Hydroton rocks
pH - 5.5 to 6.5, usually at about 6.0 (using GH up & down to regular, so far pH only goes up)
ppm - currently at 700 (seems to never go down, only up)
Room temp - 68F @ night & 75-80F @ day
Res temp - 68F-72F (controlling with frozen water bottles)
Humidity 35-50%
Water - Began with tap water but had terrible pH troubles so switched to distilled water and seems to be stabilizing (could be reason behind the problem)
Lighting - 400watt MH, started about 4 or 5 ft. away @ 24hrs of light for a week then switched to 18/6hrs and brought to 1ft. away, then switched to 20/4hrs and brought to 10inches away
Ventilation - a supply from the a/c on one end of the room being blown towards the plants by oscillating fan and a exhaust window fan about 1ft from the plants (keeping the day and night temps very stable) A tall fan oscillating on the plants and another fan blowing air between the light and the plants
Roots - have established under the net pots and are now in the water

I was sitting and chatting with my wife last night, she is the most perfect wife as far as she never complains, never, never ever. It doesn't matter what I do, what mess I make, her philosophy on life is ca sara, ca sara. We've been married 5 years as of May 14th and never had a fuss. I jsut can't fuss at someone who has nver fussed at me.

last night she told me that she was married to a man for 30 years who never quit fussing, and he was constantly "making mountains out of mole hills". She said she could be reading a magazine, get up to go to the bathroom, and come back 5 minutes alter to him raising hell for three days because she left the magazine on the sofa instead of putting it up, event ho she had not finished with it.
she told me that she promised herself tht if she ever got out of that marriage and away from him, she would never ever "make a mountain out of a mole hill." and that is why seh never fusses at me.
she told me that God had taught her that "it is all mole hills and there are no real mountains".

So good to read that.

Looking good Hydroe and Wellcome to the Deep Water Culture become a member a show
our logo Prodly. Keep up the posts and start your own thread we are here to help in anyway
:welcome:

Bye the way your growth height is fine :welldone:

Olias, I'd luv to join the Deep Water Culture but Im a little new and cant quite figure out how to add a signature to add the logo?

Sorry everyone if I posted in the wrong thread, I will make another thread if thats best.

Hydroe, First welcome to the Deep Water Culture home! You have obviously been reading up and for that you should be commended. Your numbers are excellent! Your plants actually look excellent also. An occasional leaf the turns is no concern. Happens in nature and will happen in your garden. I suspect the growth is a little slow due to the fact that they plants have not hit the water fully yet. That will fix itself in no time. They do poke along until they "set their feet".

The patience part of growing is he toughest for a new grower but you are on the road to success. Leaves are flat and shinyand you have good power on the lights. I think about now is the time they will start to take off.

Are those fem seeds?

MostlyCrazy, thanks for the encouragement, I think your 100% right about patience being one of the hardest parts, I just have to know that I've done my part and let them do theirs I suppose. Yes sir/mam they are fem seeds, thats why I'm hoping to grow them as healthy as I can to get clones.

About the roots though, thats another thing that makes me wonder, they have been in the water for a while now, I took the water pump out a week or so ago. But like I said, I am very inexperienced so I may just be overthinking it but I just want to be doing all I can so they can do all they can {:^)

Hello bendog240, I have Roseman's whole Guide saved to my computer! heh

About how much they drink, thats a very good question because in a weeks time, I cant honestly say they drink any real amount, it seems the water level stay around the same mark. Which is kinda weird to me, but theres only 2 plants in the res instead of 4 or 6 so maybe they dont drink much? I try to give them an airbath at least once a week

hydroe your plants look great, health, strong and right about where they should be at this stage in there life. relax your only stressing yourself out and your little girls lol. Your right at that time where there going to really start taking off. in 1 of the pics it looks like they have been topped, well that sure slows down the upward growth and from how they look and what my little girls did at this same stage of growth your right where u want to be going into there growth spurt. So sit back and enjoy the ride because there about to show you just how much they love the bubbles. lol then you will be posting in a few weeks "ohh shit there beast what do I do there out growing my space"

skinwins, couldnt have said it any better myself. it seem like only yesterday i was saying that phrase, "ohh shit there beast what do I do there out growing my space" . but that sure is a good problem to have.

They make (blend) those nutes themselves, right there.

It will not hurt to switch nutes. You have been using
N-P-K 5-15-14
so hunt something close to those numbers.

I ordered a pack of nutes from SH last week over the internet, they were delivered yesterday. All 3 zip-lock bags of nutrients were labled "Bloom". Fortunately I have been using their products for a while and was able to distinguish the micro-nutes from the veg nutes from the bloom nutes.

i know that this isent really necessary but would it increase anything if AFTER the roots hit the water take out the pump tubes and replace the tubes with misters in the corners of the res??im just bored thinking and decided to ask,,i know there is no real reason for the pump after they hit the water because of heat/clogging and ph issues but just a thought.

Hydroe welcome to our happy home.

I saw two things but one may be my eyes. Firstly the roots in the back looked brown. I am not sure they were. I am just finishing my WW and if you look around 10 weeks back you will see I had a huge root problem. The roots refused to grow and then one day they took off like there was no tomorrow. It might be a WW thing. They were slow.

The leaves on your plants look great to me.

Secondly, you have a frozen water bottle in your tank. From what I read that is a big no no. That might be slowing your growth and the roots might be in shock and not wanting to drink. If you need to cool the water which I need to do ever day, here is two methods.

1-Leave a frozen bottle in the freezer to reuse. Pull water from you tank into a bucket. Put frozen bottle in it can cool the water. Place water back in tank and frozen bottle back in freezer. Make sure you frozen bottle is clean.

2-This is the method I use which works as well. I use a gallon jug. I pull out a gallon of water from the tank and place it in the freezer. My freezer it takes around two hours. It does at that point even get ice chunks in it. The chunks don't go into the tank. I put the water back in the tank. I then pull some more out to melt the ice in the jug and put that back as well. It cools my tank about 10 degrees. I do it twice a day if it is real hot.

I will never grow in the summer again to avoid these issues. I expected my plants to be done weeks ago but they were slow. You saw my OBW which I harvested yesterday. The ww should be done within a week.

Back
Top Bottom