The DeVille's White Widow & Bubbleicious - 8 Plants Under 2x Mars Pro II 320

I were almost gonna say "They grow up too fast" but no... They don't :) The faster the better. Thanks to your amazing lamps the speed is not a problem with my grows :)

:bravo:wow,your clone are big girl now.:bravo:

Thinking the upward curling leaves could be caused by:

1. low humidity
2. heat stress - I may have the lamps too close
3. The two 40cm ram fans on the wall may be giving the plants too much wind

Or it could be a combination of the tree, so here's what I'll do:

1. Fill the humidifier
2. Raise the lamps 10cm
3. Turn off one of the fans

That should solve it

Checked things closer. Looks like a combination of wind-burn and heat-stress. Got the environmental conditions under control and I think we'll be fine

I use Orca grow film on the walls. I think it's supposed to be as good as mylar, but don't really know. It works great though :)

"ORCA Grow Film® is made from threads of a high density specialized reflective plastic which are bonded together creating a unique surface topography. The resulting geometry of the microfibers and the submicron pores within the microfiber, create a highly reflective and diffuse surface. The same principal is found in snowflakes, where normally transparent water is transformed into reflective bright white snow through the unique geometry of ice crystal formation. Diffuse reflection is important to hydroponic growers because it eliminates hot spots and creates the even, efficient distribution of light plants desire.

100xsmagnification.jpg

100 times magnification
500xsmagnification.jpg
ORCA_retro.jpg

500 times magnification

ORCA Grow Film™ is unique when compared to traditional
reflective foils because its surface reflection is both:
A) 99% diffuse reflectance
B) Highest full spectrum reflectance

ORCA Grow FilmTM provides the following unique advantages over traditional reflective foils:

- 99% Diffuse Surface: Microfiber structure creates even light distribution across material surface regardless of incident angle of light. The resulting isotropic surface luminance eliminates hot spots and does not require surface to be hung flat during installation. (Specular vs. Diffuse and Why diffuse reflection matters)
- Highly Reflective Surface: 94% reflectivity across the full visible light spectrum, ORCA Grow FilmTM is the highest performing reflective surface in the hydroponic industry.(Performance comparison (See independent 3rd party testing).(What does full visible light spectrum mean and why does it matter?)
- Thermally Reflecting:High infrared reflectance keeps heat where it should be.
- 100% Light Tight
- No Color Shift or Iridescence; Light reflected from surface maintains the original color wavelength so you get the full spectrum from your lamps.
- Durable, puncture and tear resistant: 11 mil thick.
- Waterproof. Washable and cleanable with common household cleaners.
- Mold and algae growth resistant.
- UV Protected and Stable; blocks out harmful UV light with wavelength below 400nm, material does not yellow.
- Recyclable eco-friendly material containing no halogens, plasticizers or VOCs.
- Made in USA.
"

Looks good! girls looking strong! have you tho about to replace that white walls with mylar? isin't mylar reflective surface like 96% of reflection i think white is only about 60%?

Some more info about the white stuff:

"People commonly use the acronym ROYGBIV for this narrow band of wavelengths to remember the order of color within the visible light spectrum, and its place in the overall electromagnetic spectrum. (Infrared spectrum (IR)/red wavelengths are to the right and violet wavelengths/ Ultraviolet (UV) spectrum are to the left.
The visible light spectrum is relevant to hydroponic gardening because it is roughly the same electromagnetic or “light” spectrum that is relevant to plant stimulation and growth. Simply speaking, a plant’s chlorophyll cells absorb light and in turn influence photosynthesis. Particular color bands or wavelengths (nm) found in the visible light spectrum can promote different cycles of plant growth; germination, growth, flowering, and budding.

Reflectance % Measurement, wavelength in the relevant spectrum:
The reflecting characteristics for any given material will be different for each electromagnetic wavelength. A measurement or reflective % for one wavelength is not a relevant indicator for an entire spectrum.

Example of relevant spectrum and measurement:
A material can claim to be 97% reflective, but what spectrum is it referencing - sound, heat, or light? Is it a single wavelength measurement, an average, a mean and in what range? It may sound good if a material claims to be 97% reflective, but if this value is measured at a single wavelength, say 216nm, it would mean the material is reflective in the ultraviolet spectrum, which would be detrimental for plant growth.

Why 94% reflectance matters:
Every time a light ray (radiant energy) contacts a surface, a portion of the energy is absorbed and a portion is reflected, but there is no energy loss. Materials that reflect significantly more radiant energy than they absorb are considered reflective. ORCA Grow Film® is 94% reflective across the full visible spectrum, or it only absorbs 6% of the radiant energy. Reflective materials are used to increase the overall effective coverage from the grow lights in a grow room. When you cover the walls, ceiling, and floors with a quality reflective material you can increase the overall efficiency of the grow room by 30 to 75 percent.
All grow room layouts and designs involve multiple reflections/light bounces due to corners, angles, and static objects in the grow room. A high performance reflector will minimize absorbance from multiple bounces and maximize the usable exiting light. A small difference in reflectance can make big difference for a grow room’s total lighting efficiency."

I don't know what mylar costs, but this white stuff was expensive as well. It's used in many tents these days.

Nice never heard of that before! good to know something new hehe is it cheaper than mylar? mylar is pretty expensive

I'm currently gathering an auto pot and mars hydro system for my 1st ever grow.
I've gone with the auto pots as I have to be away a couple of days a week. Hope they'll do the job for me.
I've learned a lot from your last couple of journals....... Cheers

UPDATE #7

DAY 21

FIRST DEFOIL

Today I found the plants like this:

defoil_001.jpg

As you can see the big leaves are covering up some future bud-spots. The ones of you who followed my previous grow-journal will notice I am growing in a completely different manner this time. Last round I didn't remove a leaf until mid-flowering and only to reduce humidity levels in the room. This time however, I do scrog. So what I did now was to remove the leaves covering up the lower bud-spots so they can get the same amount of light as the higher ones. After all we want to accomplish a canopy that is as even as possible to maximize yields.

After I removed the leaves it looked like this, and notice!! I found where one of the lost White widow seeds went :) We have ourselves an extra baby-girl here. Will wait a few days before I re-pot that one. Not sure what to do with it really, but can't throw it away either. It certainly has a strong will to live, surfacing almost 3 weeks after the others.

defoil_002.jpg

Checked the soil and it's still moist. So I did not fill up the water-tank. Will probably have to do that in a few days as well. Did no further training of the plants. Will see how they progress the next days.

defoil_003.jpg

Current status of the grow. Progressing well

Over and out
DeVille

Notice how the baby is stretching! It's because it was actually hidden below the leaves of the bigger plant. Amazing it survived

Re: The DeVille's White Widow & Bubbleicious - 8 Plants Under 2x Mars Pro II 320

Installed a 7 stage reverse osmosis filter for drinking water. Noticed it's adding calcium & magnesium in the final stages. Bet that's gonna be great water for clones

Looking awesome! i don't know what the guy who engineered the autopot system was thinking that he made the feed lines only 6mm? i'm having troubles about the lines gettin jammed since i'm using full line up from Advanced Nutrients and they are half organic that means the water get's muddy and the 6mm lines gets stuck easily that's only major fault.

I don't want to change the nutrients company since AN is the best i've used to far

UPDATE #8

DAY 25

PUTTING UP THE NET, FILLING THE TANK AND SECOND DEFOIL

As the headline is indicating, today I removed more leaves from the plants before I put up the net.

Before:

0013441.jpg

After:

0042965.jpg

0023323.jpg

0033177.jpg

0052759.jpg

This was the only net I could get my hands on as the nets I wanted from the hydro-shop was sold out. I think I'll manage with this one. Not perfect, but it'll work. I also have the option of adding a second net on the top of the frame at a later time if I need one.

What do you think folks?

I also filled the 225 liter Flexi-tank and added 200ml of Canna Aqua Vega A and 200ml of Canna Aqua Vega B. That's about 1/4 of the recommended levels. I will keep these levels for almost the entire duration of the vegg stage. May increase to 1/2 of the recommended levels near the end of vegg. Depending on how the plants react and so on.

Why do I use hydrophonic nutrients for soil? It's leftovers from when I grew in hydro. But I think it's smart anyway to avoid clogging of the autopot system.

The low temperatures you see on the photos was just a temporary thing. I had the door open while working to avoid overheating myself. It only remained this cold for 20-25 minutes.

Guess that was all for this time. Not too happy about the net. I would prefer something with smaller masks and maybe a little more sturdy material. But I do guess it will be sufficient - Hope so

Over and out
DeVille

I'll do it your style with the autos :) Put them in a "bucket" (Air-pots) of dirt and let them grow.

Looks great DeVille. That net looks like it will serve.

I always have to laugh at our different styles of growing.
I pretty much just fill up a big big bucket of dirt and set the timer for the light. Lol.

Love what you do and the results that you get.

Cheers friend.

Back
Top Bottom