Hash Hounds Nirvana Super Skunk & Papaya in Soil

Today sampled a tester bud of the Super Skunk. Just lower plant sample.

It was decent, but not as good as the web sites say it is supposed to be.
"One of the first to match the potency of powerful import hashish available in coffee shops, this F1 hybrid is well-known for its strong flavour and powerful buzz." so they say.
and "Super Skunk bears the rare distinction of being one of the only cannabis strains that may require more experience to smoke than she does to grow!"

And my plants are plenty healthy.

It has hardly any smell at all, even when you touch it. I thought this stuff would smell half way down the block. Don't get me wrong. No smell at a grow room is good, but sort of disappointing for a skunk to be odorless.

Today sampled a tester bud of the Super Skunk. Just lower plant sample.

It was decent, but not as good as the web sites say it is supposed to be.
"One of the first to match the potency of powerful import hashish available in coffee shops, this F1 hybrid is well-known for its strong flavour and powerful buzz." so they say.
and "Super Skunk bears the rare distinction of being one of the only cannabis strains that may require more experience to smoke than she does to grow!"

And my plants are plenty healthy.

It has hardly any smell at all, even when you touch it. I thought this stuff would smell half way down the block. Don't get me wrong. No smell at a grow room is good, but sort of disappointing for a skunk to be odorless.

hey hash what do the trics look like..

Tris are only about 10% of the heads amber from what I can tell.

It's so freakin hard to get a good look at them. I keep buying different scopes, but these things drive me crazy. Next time I'm gonna try putting them between two slides and using a microscope.

Hey, HH, if you've got a laptop I've seen some good results with those usb powered microscopes. Even without the laptop they have some that are portable, just unplug it and take it into the garden with you, take a few pics and upload! Really simple, around 60 bucks or so.

Ibez,
No laptop here. I do have a eyeclops bionic eye that plugs into a tv input that isn't to bad. Maybe its my shaky hands that make it so difficult to get a good view, lol.

It seems like most of the scopes I have are good, but when looking at the tris, you have to zoom in and out to get focused on different levels. If the top of the tri is in focus, the one next to it that is a hair lower isn't in focus.

I had to stop and check on the girls today. They are almost there. Samples so far are good.

Here is the Vanilla Kush. No signs any more bud rot. The rest of the plant doing great. Under the leaves are packed with tris. Looking like 10% amber heads.
Vanilla_Kush_10_wks1.jpg

Vanilla_Kush_10_wks_c.jpg

Vanilla_Kush_10_wks_c2.jpg

Here is the Super Skunk. No smell what so ever. Branches are so heavy they are falling. Had to tie her up.
Super_Skunk_11_wks1.jpg

Super_Skunk_11_wks_c.jpg

This White Widow just happened to fall of during the inspection.
White_Widow_10_wks.jpg

And a chunk of Papaya from the top we had to snip off above the bud rot. About two weeks dry. Quick dried, a little harsh, but good. The plant might be approaching the 10% amber heads also.
Papaya_early_2_wks_dry.jpg

on the chopping block

11.5 weeks of flowering.
Cut down the Papaya, Super Skunk and the Vanilla Kush on Saturday.
Tris were about 10-15% amber heads.
Was not prepared to wait 18 weeks like we did for the last grow of Northern Lights.

Also, don't want any more bud rot. And started to see a few critters flying around the room and spotted a red clover mite on one of the containers. I think he hitched a ride on the window fan we put in there last week that my child had at the college dorm room. I know that was bad to introduce something used like that to the grow room, but I never thought it would have had mites on it. It might not have, but I see plenty of those little red buggers outside on all the windows of my house, and I'm sure they were all over the dorm room windows too.

Will probably harvest the White Widow and Kandy Kush this weekend. They seem to be a little behind the other plants and were also started a week later. Both of them show the most promise of the early smoke tests. And they are the stickier 2 plants of the bunch. The Kandy Kush is THEE stickiest.

Two plants left. Going to let them go another week or so.

White Widow, Strange looking plant. Looks like a Basil plant to me. I doubt if anyone would think it's weed if it was in a veggie garden.
White_Widow_11_weeks_R.jpg

Kandy Kush is sooooo sweet smelling and sticky

Kandy_Kush_11_weeks_2_R.jpg

Kandy_Kush_11_weeks_3_R.jpg

Kandy_Kush_11_weeks_R.jpg

Harvested the Kandy Kush and White Widow today.
My hands were so sticky with goo compared to the other 3 plants I manicured.
I was able to roll a nice pea sized hash ball off of my hand. Tasted like old school black hash and kicked ass....mmmmmm hash.

Water cured some of the Vanilla Kush and Papaya. Came out very nice. Turns everything a lot browner.
Also water curing some of the KK and WW.

Will give a final grow & smoke report in about 2 or 3 weeks after some curing.

And we put two clones (KK and WW) in the grow room. They were started March 1st and have been in a closet since then. They are almost 2 feet tall. Didn't want them to get that big, but that's the way it worked out. I will start a journal for them soon.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals once you report on drying/curing.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Ok, so the grow has been completed, and the bud is mostly all stored in some tins and jars for curing. Some has been water cured and quick dried also.

I will post detailed smoke report here and in the strain section when I return from vacation to see if the taste or stone changes.

Testers from the least quality to best.
All the strains are at least as good as the good commercial stuff that is around.
I guess it was good that none of these plants smelled strong enough to require air purification while growing or hanging,,,, BUT I would like to have some smell when opening the tins or jars. I shouldn't have to stick my nose right up to a bud to smell anything. The aroma should fill the room when I open a jar. Friends turn me on to buds that I can smell even when its just a bud in a baggy in my pocket and I can smell it.

The Super Skunk isn't so super. No smell at all, WTF. I sure hope some curing will bring out some taste and smell, and more of a stone buzz. The high is uppy, maybe a C. Not at all like the Nirvana description.

The Papaya is OK, starts uppy and mellows. Sort of smells like varnish or something, can't seem to put my finger on it (maybe because it doesn't smell that strong). But again, not like described by the breeder. C+

The Kandy Kush is very nice. Maybe a little heart racing for me at first, but it levels out to a very nice buzz. And it is the stickiest of all the strains. I'll give it a B

The Vanilla Kush is very very relaxing. Just what I need in my stressful life.
Mostly a night time pot. B+ (my fave)

And the White Widow is the closest quality to the supposedly California medical grade stuff that has been around here lately. Very nice high. grade A.
Everybody I turn on to it wants some, but it yielded the least. Sorry to tell them head stash only. Actually it is all head stash. Only turning on a select few friends to any of these strains. And I will stop telling them strain names too. They say "how do you know all this stuff?"

Although we don't seem to think the stuff is knock out pot it is supposed to be, everyone we turn on to a bud really likes it. They all think it's way better than what they are used to.

Maybe we are getting immune to smoking it since we have been sampling them all for the last five or six weeks.

And when I throw a bud or two into a baggie to turn someone on, as soon as I pull out the bag they say "wow that really smells", but I can barely smell it. Do I have growers nose burnout from sticking my nose in the middle of the plants so often?

Final smoke report

Well fellow 420Magers not much change in the quality, taste or smell since my last preliminary report 2 weeks ago.
Here are some bud shots;

Super Skunk (Nirvana)
Super_Skunk9.jpg

Papaya (Nirvana)
Papaya20.jpg

Kandy Kush (Reserva Privada) nice and frosty and sticky
Kandy_Kush8.jpg

Vanilla Kush (Barneys) very hairy
Vanilla_Kush.jpg

White Widow (Dutch Passion) lot of frost and best of the bunch
White_Widow33.jpg

The best test for judging how well we did with the seeds we had will be results of 6 Papaya and 2 Super Skunk clones still out there. 2 friends were given 1st gen clones, and another got 4 2nd gens. And I have 2 on a hill side with some OC+ only, will receive little care except water when I get a chance.

1 is an experienced grower with soil & cfl's, Powdered nutes. He grows decent bud. He has 2 SS and 2 Pya.
2 is a real rookie that has no clue. 2 Papaya 400w hps. He bought some standard organic potting soil at the local hardware, and I loaded it with all the stuff I used on this grow, OC+, DM red, Dolomite, Gypsum. He only checks on them once a week. And will probably not give them any more nutes or additives. They are so big they had to be topped because he couldn't raise the light any more in the closet.
3 is another rookie but he has 1 papaya and 3 super skunk clones that #1 guy gave me. He already killed one, but not sure which.

Comparing the results of the same or better, will give a glimpse as to if they were just so so genetics or the methods of growth and nutes used making a big difference. Time will tell.

I will try to post individually in the strain forum as 420Cyclist requested earlier.

Back
Top Bottom