The Hempire Strikes Back!

Some of the most valuable medicine is in the oils found in the sugar leaves lexort. If you look closely with a loupe, you'll see they typically run all the way out to the tip on the underside of the sugar leaves. I trim only the tip of most sugar leaves, if at all.

The trichomes that are only one cell high and the ones like hairs without caps all have oil in them. This is the function of trichomes, to store the plant's essential oils.

Ok ya i figured you would be the one to ask about that, if it makes you feel any better I always makes qwiso from my trim and fluffy popcorn buds so it doesn't go to waste. I didn't know if those hair trichomes had anything or not though, I figured if there wasn't a head there wasn't thc there.

Just a little drive by for ya...
Here are the replacements for my 2L pots... 6" Schedule 40 PVC in 2' lengths. I may cut a few down to 1' pots.
IMAG16832.jpg

Just a little drive by for ya...
Here are the replacements for my 2L pots... 6" Schedule 40 PVC in 2' lengths. I may cut a few down to 1' pots.
IMAG16832.jpg

Ya i think those will work better for the size of girls you grow. Only thing i think would be different is the time it takes the roots to hit the res but that shouldnt be a big difference lol.

Not alot going on currently just waiting on some clones to root, and ive been preoccupied with some non 420 related research i been curious about. But im trying to ensure i dont get fully swept up and neglect my 420 family lol.

Not alot going on currently just waiting on some clones to root, and ive been preoccupied with some non 420 related research i been curious about. But im trying to ensure i dont get fully swept up and neglect my 420 family lol.

We appreciate that lexort. :laughtwo: We miss you when you get caught up. :hug:

We appreciate that lexort. :laughtwo: We miss you when you get caught up. :hug:

Haha ya i dont mean to go MIA but sometimes it happens. In the end i find myself missing you guys and know i need to head on home lol.

Been having trouble with my phone company. Its why i havent been on much. Ive always used my phone for internet but its been hell for damn near 2 months now. Sorry 420 family.

Been having trouble with my phone company. Its why i havent been on much. Ive always used my phone for internet but its been hell for damn near 2 months now. Sorry 420 family.

Forgiven you are. I need a new phone too. My old flip phone just aint cuttin it.

Forgiven you are. I need a new phone too. My old flip phone just aint cuttin it.

Ya ill bet, didnt even know flip phones were still available. My company claims that its upgrading the tower, which i guess in reality means downgrading my service for almost 2 months. I find it odd they chose to do this cause everything seemed fine before.

PVC gives off toxic outgas. FYI.

Well i suppose maybe you should tell that to Tead instead of me. As to the truth of your statement i have no clue, lots of things in this world are toxic so hard to keep track

We use PVC on both sides of our water systems... both supply and sewage. Some of the largest pipe runs in any public water system can be PVC.
When one considers that I've been drinking water thru it for my entire life, I'm gonna toss my hat into the years of functional experience I and many others have had with the product and just not worry about it.
Got any science to back up your concerns? Is there something I should actually be concerned about? Am I simply unaware?

That was my thinking as well Tead, i would figure i should be super sick from all the plumping in my house lol.

I don't think it's a great concern, but PVC isn't inert, was my .02... Probably best to buy a few $3 Smart Pots.

Smart pots arent hempys, so how will he grow hempys in a smart pot? There wouldnt be any res so it would cease to be passive hydro

Ya they are the fabric ones, i think the ones you were thinking of are called Airpots maybe? Either way still not an option for us lol.

But.... What's the difference betwixt the plastic of a pipe and the plastic of a smart pot?

Smart Pots are made of felted poly, whereas PVC is polyvinyl chloride. Beeg difference in manufacturing process. And material toxicity. And you might notice that pex flex tubing has replaced PVC as a water carrier in homes, while PVC is still used to remove, er, shit . So maybe, just maybe, it wasn't the best stuff to begin with. Also, plants are really sensitive. Take a whiff of that fresh PVC pipe. Old pipe will have already out-gassed in majority, while fresh is fucking gross. Like new carpet-it's toxic as fuck but people love that "new" smell of the outgassing lol (I don't do carpet, I'll stick with bamboo flooring, tyvm) Again, it probably won't be an issue-and as long as there's no solvents near it I'm sure it'll be just dandy.
Then again, if PVC was okay to use, I'd think it'd be proliferate in an industry like this. ☕

AirPots aren't made of PVC, they're food grade plastic that's BPA-free.
Research PVC, it's pretty foul stuff. Read up on BPA, too.
And SmartPots are poly fabric grow bags.

Back
Top Bottom