Outdoor Pineapple Chunk & Blue Dream

re: Outdoor Pineapple Chunk & Blue Dream

Yeah I know most of them didn't make it through the summer unscathed, but at least from my outdoor experience, you've still done great for leaving them out there to fend for themselves so much. In that situation, with the places I've tried anyway, I would be pessimistic and assume a very low or no survival rate, or a bunch of stolen plants, and count up from there. And some of the survivors look incredibly tasty. :thumb:

well, all girls are on water only for the finish. Took about 1/3 of PC#2 today, bring it up for a close up and trim @ 75 days, mostly cloudy 15-20% amber, pistols brown and receding, I'll take the rest of her in a couple of days and more than likely will take PC #1 also. The way she tried I'm guessing I'll be lucky to get 4 zips out of her, of course grateful for any. Her tops are on the small side, about the size of a long cigarette pack, fortunately there are about 25 of those :;):

go_dry_PC_2.JPG

PC_32_candy_clouds.JPG

PC_2_top_closeJPG.JPG

PC_2_sup_frosty.JPG

PC_2_drying_time.JPG

PC_2_cloudy_amber.JPG

PC_2_close_up_going_amber_fast.JPG

Now I hope to learn to cure proper :scratchinghead:

Looks good :thumb: My indoor PCs aren't great yielders. Next round I'm narrowing it down to the best pheno out of the four I was growing. Even the best one is a little scrawny. The buds don't get very fat, but they're surprisingly dense and heavy. They knock me on my ass when I smoke them- I have to struggle a bit to get past the sledgehammer to the forehead effect. I like the sativa better - the PC all goes to one patient who loves it.

Looks good :thumb: My indoor PCs aren't great yielders. Next round I'm narrowing it down to the best pheno out of the four I was growing. Even the best one is a little scrawny. The buds don't get very fat, but they're surprisingly dense and heavy. They knock me on my ass when I smoke them- I have to struggle a bit to get past the sledgehammer to the forehead effect. I like the sativa better - the PC all goes to one patient who loves it.

Thanks for that info on the PC WeaselC, I had in mind to ask you about it. Also was wondering if you top it @ all. I topped all of mine so no comparison available. Curious if it would fare better w/o topping? I get the same results on mine, smaller buds, very dense/tight nugs. I too love the sledge hammer to the head affect on this strain, especially for late night, I'm insomniac so it helps a lot. I remember you telling me you leave yours for 90 days, I am struggling with leaving my PC#1 that long due to the mold issues I have been fighting with it, other than the mold it would have been the pheno for bigger buds and more yield. DO you look @ Trics or just follow the 90 days because of the 1 patient? I was not going to grow it again, but may try it inside in the future. At the moment I'm setting up a room for an inside run. Going to start with some WWx Big Bud & Critical Kush for their flower times, & yield. Going to try and establish a few patients and a perpetual inside. Wish me luck & thanks again for the input.

:passitleft:

Hello Captainblast! :ciao:

I don't know about you Sir, but I am so excited about the coming harvests :woohoo::tommy::party::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

My ASD and HH are at approx days 55 and 50 of flower - never grew full sized photos before, I started checking trichomes on the ASD today (some clear some cloudy no amber) but just judging by pistils I reckon another 3 weeks on the ASD and perhaps 4 weeks on the HH but I might be wrong....

I think I might take a test bud off the ASD on day 70 of flowering and have a smokesie and see where I am....

Good luck deciding when to pull your PC and others....:cheer:

Hello Captainblast! :ciao:

I don't know about you Sir, but I am so excited about the coming harvests :woohoo::tommy::party::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::goof::angel::theband: OH HELL YEAH! Super excited Sugar! :blunt::green_heart::party::yummy::allgood: can you tell, hehe

My ASD and HH are at approx days 55 and 50 of flower - never grew full sized photos before, I started checking trichomes on the ASD today (some clear some cloudy no amber) but just judging by pistils I reckon another 3 weeks on the ASD and perhaps 4 weeks on the HH but I might be wrong....

:cheer: Looks like we will be having lil' trim parties @ the same time :woohoo::high-five: Incredibly my Blue Dreams are putting' a huge swell on since I got home and gave them some water, I even named one "PUFFY" :green_heart:, I have the BD's @ 75 days or there about in 2 weeks.

I think I might take a test bud off the ASD on day 70 of flowering and have a smokesie and see where I am....

:rollit: My GF ASD over in your grove looked heavy after the downpour, :love:, me likey test buds, trim buds, cured buds, dank buds....:ganjamon::Rasta: I'm loving the early results of my BD testers, happy to see you pulled one out of You & Mr. B's vast seed bank, you'll love her, you can't hurt her, she thrives on nothing or a lot, great strain for outdoors for sure, very tolerant of mold, bugs, pruning, just everything :Namaste:

Good luck deciding when to pull your PC and others....:cheer:

think I'm gonna stretch out the harvest and experiment with them all from 75 days on :hmmmm:

understand your busy sister but gonna need lots of bud pics from you :dreamy:

:slide:

Thanks for that info on the PC WeaselC, I had in mind to ask you about it. Also was wondering if you top it @ all. I topped all of mine so no comparison available. Curious if it would fare better w/o topping? I get the same results on mine, smaller buds, very dense/tight nugs. I too love the sledge hammer to the head affect on this strain, especially for late night, I'm insomniac so it helps a lot. I remember you telling me you leave yours for 90 days, I am struggling with leaving my PC#1 that long due to the mold issues I have been fighting with it, other than the mold it would have been the pheno for bigger buds and more yield. DO you look @ Trics or just follow the 90 days because of the 1 patient? I was not going to grow it again, but may try it inside in the future. At the moment I'm setting up a room for an inside run. Going to start with some WWx Big Bud & Critical Kush for their flower times, & yield. Going to try and establish a few patients and a perpetual inside. Wish me luck & thanks again for the input.

:passitleft:

Hey captain. I can't believe I just posted a bunch of blather and it went poof. I am a very slow typer. Damn near wore that finger out. Oh well- here I go again.
Anyway, here is a pic of my PC situation.

image31437.jpg

This is from about ten days ago (?) Over a week ago anyway. I have a memory like a goldfish... I am away again, as usual- so this is the best I have for a picture. I'm growing in a scrog these days and haven't tried the PC au naturel yet. So yeah- they've been topped a lot. Most of the buds shown are about 1" thick, or 1 1/4". The ones on the corner plant are fatter and stickier. The area is 4' deep and about 3.5' wide. There are four plants. The one at front left is a pure sativa called Mama Thai. The other three are pineapple chunks. The one in the back right corner was started on June 1. This is the pheno I want to keep. The other two were started on June 5. I have another one flowering elsewhere. They are on a diet of water only as of last week and I'm hoping they will age and ripen gracefully from here. I may flush them soon if they seem to need it. The trichomes on those plants last I checked were about 80% cloudy with the rest clear.
I never pay attention to the breeder estimated flowering time. Come to think of it I don't even know what it is supposed to be for pineapple chunk. I'm sure it's a lot less than what I am running at now though. I'm not sure why my plants seem to take so long to flower but they generally do. I'm such a newbie in some ways. Now that I'm on 420 i'm learning tons but also realizing how much I don't know. This whole harvest window thing is full of question marks for me.
Somehow the picture looks better than it does in real life. The plants overdrew the scrog screen little bit and flopped over into the sticky jungle and it's a bit of a mess in there but overall I'm quite happy with how it is going.
Good luck!

Nice and frosty! What does she smell like?

Curing: What I do is hang the branches from a string. Place small branches and popcorn nugs in a tray with a screen bottom. Place a fan in the room to make sure air moves around the weed. Doesn't have to blow directly on them but just circulate air around them (usually about 50% RH in my room). Once the stems snap when you bend them, clip buds from stem and place in mason jars (air-tight). Then open jars for about 30 mins a day for a couple weeks. After 2-3 weeks all chlorophyll is gone and a joint will burn good with little ash.

:high-five:

Hey captain. I can't believe I just posted a bunch of blather and it went poof. I am a very slow typer. Damn near wore that finger out. Oh well- here I go again.
Anyway, here is a pic of my PC situation.

image31437.jpg

This is from about ten days ago (?) Over a week ago anyway. I have a memory like a goldfish... I am away again, as usual- so this is the best I have for a picture. I'm growing in a scrog these days and haven't tried the PC au naturel yet. So yeah- they've been topped a lot. Most of the buds shown are about 1" thick, or 1 1/4". The ones on the corner plant are fatter and stickier. The area is 4' deep and about 3.5' wide. There are four plants. The one at front left is a pure sativa called Mama Thai. The other three are pineapple chunks. The one in the back right corner was started on June 1. This is the pheno I want to keep. The other two were started on June 5. I have another one flowering elsewhere. They are on a diet of water only as of last week and I'm hoping they will age and ripen gracefully from here. I may flush them soon if they seem to need it. The trichomes on those plants last I checked were about 80% cloudy with the rest clear.
I never pay attention to the breeder estimated flowering time. Come to think of it I don't even know what it is supposed to be for pineapple chunk. I'm sure it's a lot less than what I am running at now though. I'm not sure why my plants seem to take so long to flower but they generally do. I'm such a newbie in some ways. Now that I'm on 420 i'm learning tons but also realizing how much I don't know. This whole harvest window thing is full of question marks for me.
Somehow the picture looks better than it does in real life. The plants overdrew the scrog screen little bit and flopped over into the sticky jungle and it's a bit of a mess in there but overall I'm quite happy with how it is going.
Good luck!

:yummy: Thanks for that WC. I can relate to the hunt & peck typing and probably wouldn't have been as persistent as you to do it all over, Thank you. I have learned how to copy and paste and make sure to copy my text nowadays when I get long winded, it really pisses me off when I think I put a lot of thought :)hmmmm:) into typing something only to lose it. Dude, that's a great looking garden of PC you got going on there :high-five: As far as flowering time, Barney's claims 60 days, as you and I have discussed previously there is lots of discussion about this strain albeit all over the place :rollingeyes:. I'm starting to understand that you can't go by what the breeders say for sure, and in PC's case not even what weed gurus say. My other good PC still has a bunch of green on it with much thicker tops, I'm trying to let it go as long as I can, but monitoring closely to not lose anymore to the mold.

Found one mold spot on one of my better BD's yesterday when out watering, snipped that top off along with another and brought home to check out, found the bud worm in there. I haven't sprayed BT in 5 weeks now and debating wither to give the BDs another round as they seem to be at least two weeks out. May go take a walk-about after my game today and hit 'em a lick.

Thanks again for the come back WeaselC and stay safe out there in them woods :goof:

Top shot from the nipped BD tops:

BD_2_Nug_on_scale.JPG

BD_Top_on_blade_closeup.JPG

did a bud wash on these, lemon juice, baking soda, pinch of H2o2 in 1st bucket, water in 2nd and 3rd buckets

washed_BD_2_tops.JPG

On another note, got me a couple of new toys/tools. A Trim Bin and a small digital scale, both were great purchases. The Trim Bin a little pricey @ $55.00, though it does beat the hell out of a cardboard beer flat, the scale was a steal @ $9.00, lot easier to deal with than the set of triple beams I've had for almost 40 years

Trim_Bin_front.JPG

Rum_Buds.JPG

BD_uncut_on_scale.JPG

BD_Top_on_blade_closeup.JPG

Back
Top Bottom