Tutankhamon & Pineapple Chunk Outdoors In Massachusetts

Hiya stoneotter,

She looks great! Huge stash filler. Don't you just love growing outdoors?!?

Hey nobodyhere so do you go for the 58's?
What do you prefer curious to hear I like 58% myself

I tried 62s a couple grows back, and felt that it imparted a taste to the buds. I have not tried 58s yet, just going without and have not had an issue. I did use a 72 or 75 that came with some palm cones to bring back some overdry stuff, however i felt it imparted more paper taste.

No issues just keeping in ball jars.

Hiya stoneotter,

She looks great! Huge stash filler. Don't you just love growing outdoors?!?
Why yes I do! Now I got the nerves out of me. Being a rookie and an old fart is a conflict. The nervousness is done with one in the tent drying. I'm planning next years garden already. Now the tent can be more fun too. I enjoy the shit out of getting outdoors, always have.

Your not the first to say about wierd smell but I’ve jever had issues hmm
I really think it's with certain types of buds, I have had stuff stored on them before and not noticed it....

I also try not to overthink it, if your stuff is jarred around 60, with an rh meter, it's going to take a long ass time to dry out, I get through my smoke quicker than it would dry out.

My wine fridge runs about 57 and 60rh, I might try just jarring some and storing in there long term. lol.

And it's not like I will turn my nose up at good bud that's been stored with them. I am not that picky.

Don’t you want to flush the starch sugars out a bit at the end ?
Hmmm...You might be right Joe. Since I went with super soil in the tent I don't flush at all. I do stop the carb for the last watering. Taste and smoothness seem good to me and my friends. Organic, I understood, is ok to go this way. So you're thinking I would improve taste and smoothness with going a week or more? I'm confused in this area so thanks for your opinion.

Well i was told molasses is high in sugar so maybe just try one plant maybe 2 weeks before and your normal way.. I am on my first run organically so no pro by any means .

I just think you want to flush away some of nutes sugars and starch?

I was told. Organic no flush needed

I was told hydro dwc for example is 2 say flush or less and soil with synthetic nutes flush for 10-14 days

Well i was told molasses is high in sugar so maybe just try one plant maybe 2 weeks before and your normal way.. I am on my first run organically so no pro by any means .

I just think you want to flush away some of nutes sugars and starch?

I was told. Organic no flush needed

I was told hydro dwc for example is 2 say flush or less and soil with synthetic nutes flush for 10-14 days
Thought provoking Joe. I have to dig some to see what science and folks say. I smoked a tester of tut and found her pleasant even without any proper dry and cure at all. We might be talking small improvements with organic soil grows. I don't know. I'll figure it out. Till then if anyone would like to voice their experiance/opinion, please do.

Cut her up and put her in jars today. Been hanging since the 26th. Low and behold the skunk smell is no longer the main note. Menthol is though. I haven't had one of these yet. What a glorious day! I was trying to pinpoint the smell this morning in the middle of cutting nugs so I went to Ms otter and asked her to sniff my fingers. (she never does that) She did! That's worth more than the weed. She made the id on the smell and I concur. My guess on weight was off. I was wearing my weed goggles. 11.5 z's. Happiness is an understatement. Plus a bunch of trim for hash some cold day soon. Hygrometer's in a jar as we breath.
IMG_3883.jpg

Thought provoking Joe. I have to dig some to see what science and folks say. I smoked a tester of tut and found her pleasant even without any proper dry and cure at all. We might be talking small improvements with organic soil grows. I don't know. I'll figure it out. Till then if anyone would like to voice their experiance/opinion, please do.
Well I reached out to an old member here who the guy is doing something right look him up @Sphnx and of your getting sun he advised week to two max . Think it depends if you fed heavy nutes and say once a week as verse every two day or so and less amounts ?

I was told if rain is dominate and sun is not coming to cut my kush before more rot kicks in so taking down today no flush. Maybe I’ll leave one of the smaller kush and run water for a week and compare I think myself this year

My guess on weight was off. I was wearing my weed goggles. 11.5 z's. Happiness is an understatement.
Okay well hats off to that haul bro . Great run brotha ✊

Well I reached out to an old member here who the guy is doing something right look him up @Sphnx and of your getting sun he advised week to two max . Think it depends if you fed heavy nutes and say once a week as verse every two day or so and less amounts ?

I was told if rain is dominate and sun is not coming to cut my kush before more rot kicks in so taking down today no flush. Maybe I’ll leave one of the smaller kush and run water for a week and compare I think myself this year

Okay well hats off to that haul bro . Great run brotha ✊
Thanks for searching, I appreciate that very much. Noted about feeding. We're on the rain again too but today only then clearing for a week maybe. I'm hoping to let her go til Thursday or Friday. Best luck on your harvest. Slow and steady wins the race baby!

Raining second day in a row. Pineapple chunk is coming down tomorrow rain or shine. She looks tired and is drooping heavy with water filled buds. Her large main leaves yellow with exhaustion. Perfume in the air through the whole front and side yards. I don't remember testing this one, she's going to be a flavor bomb.

Hiya stoneotter,

I have 3 carnival ladies still out. I just go out and shake the colas daily (if rainy/foggy), inspect closely, remove budrot, and wait for sunny days again. Sunny days, like for the next 4 days. Maybe a better strategy would be to wait until the next rainy day to harvest, and let the buds get a little bigger.
Actually, Carnival strain is somewhat botrytis resistant. Good luck.

Hiya stoneotter,

I have 3 carnival ladies still out. I just go out and shake the colas daily (if rainy/foggy), inspect closely, remove budrot, and wait for sunny days again. Sunny days, like for the next 4 days. Maybe a better strategy would be to wait until the next rainy day to harvest, and let the buds get a little bigger.
Actually, Carnival strain is somewhat botrytis resistant. Good luck.
Hey Bode, you're on track for sure. Mine is looking time to me tomorrow. I haven't checked trichs for a few days, I expect all milky anyways by then. She's got tons of good bud on her. Her buds haven't grown for a while too. What's up with that?

Usually three growth spurts to buds. The third one hasn't happened yet. They'll get awesome at that point.

Back
Top Bottom