The Red Cup!

Nice plants. What happens If a plant get rootbound? I still don't know If rootbound IS real or not. I searched a Lot And the info i got is not conclusive.

When I did my first "unsuccessful" grow, they were in styrofoam cups and stopped growing. They started to droop too. When I checked the roots, they were crowded at the bottom of the cups and being rootbound was the reason for the halt in growth. All I did was put some in a bigger pot, and put the others back in the same cup after I trimmed the roots down. I'll put up a pic once I find that old grow.

When I did my first "unsuccessful" grow, they were in styrofoam cups and stopped growing. They started to droop too. When I checked the roots, they were crowded at the bottom of the cups and being rootbound was the reason for the halt in growth. All I did was put some in a bigger pot, and put the others back in the same cup after I trimmed the roots down. I'll put up a pic once I find that old grow.

420-magazine-mobile2003024355.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1978236977.jpg

Here's the pic. The one at the top right was the most rootbound. I noticed that the growth stopped after a couple of days and watering wasn't perking them back up. The ones still in the cups only got their roots pruned because I ran out of pots. After that, growth resumed .

Thank you, so, is it possible to CUT the roots? The other óption would be transplantio? Is there Any way to Control the root growth?

Roots=shoots. Yes you can definitely trim a portion of the roots, I do everytime I transplant. Hydro guys trim roots to clear drains. Your roots feed your plant, cut too much and she'll struggle to eat and drink for a lil while. You don't really want to "restrict" root growth, air pruning with proper root zone aeration is the best to control I can think of but requires proper pre planning more than corrective measures. You could transplant to a better aerated setup but it will require more frequent watering

420-magazine-mobile2003024355.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1978236977.jpg

Here's the pic. The one at the top right was the most rootbound. I noticed that the growth stopped after a couple of days and watering wasn't perking them back up. The ones still in the cups only got their roots pruned because I ran out of pots. After that, growth resumed .
Thank you once more! Do you know any method to Keep the plant small, and Under Control? My plan was to Grow a few plants with only the main stem and some leafs. No side buds.

Facts:
1) have a Very limited space in my home 2)And i need to cross the NL to get seeds, cause i can't buy seeds every time.
3) i don't know if i have Space and knowledge to Keep a mother.
4)i need to get a lot of weed on my stash.

Well thats it, iwant to run my grow a Full year and im thinking of growing lots of Very small plants to do It consistently and now im seeing that is more complicated than i thought so i Will give a try with brick seeds before starting the NL run.

More aeration and pruning will help maintain plant size. A medium and pot that drains better will help air prune roots giving a denser root Mass with less circling. Pruning off side shoots aka lollipopping before flip will focus the plants growth into the top bud.

Roots=shoots. Yes you can definitely trim a portion of the roots, I do everytime I transplant. Hydro guys trim roots to clear drains. Your roots feed your plant, cut too much and she'll struggle to eat and drink for a lil while. You don't really want to "restrict" root growth, air pruning with proper root zone aeration is the best to control I can think of but requires proper pre planning more than corrective measures. You could transplant to a better aerated setup but it will require more frequent watering
Thank you! Nice, I knew that hydro growers do it, but i never thought that It is possible in soil too.

I Just replied a post right now telling a little about my ideas. I AM still Discoverying If its possible to do what i want. i Also want to make a journal on the brick seed run.

More aeration and pruning will help maintain plant size. A medium and pot that drains better will help air prune roots giving a denser root Mass with less circling. Pruning off side shoots aka lollipopping before flip will focus the plants growth into the top bud.
Thank you again And again!! I will do a little research on those technics, I Hope It goes great, im still Very inexperient but im not afraid of getting hard And complicated things to work on a try!!

I hear ya. I'm certainly no pro. When properly maintained these plants are incredibly resilient and I no longer hesitate to chop them up to a degree. Balance is key when trimming any portion of the plant.
Relax, im sure you are way much pro than i AM! Thats what i want, small resilient plants. Not having access to strains s#@&s.

Hey agemon, I've been reading through alot of your journals on the 818's but all of the pictures are coming up broken now? Any ideas Why? got some 818s on the go now, hoping my buds look as awesome as yours when there done!! Thanks m8

Hey i missed this one, sorry. Not sure why, maybe 420 purges the site every once in a while. Check out "The Emerald City," its my on going journal. Im gonna be posting up some pics later today.

420-magazine-mobile1160057516.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2144112993.jpg

Nice!! She is looking good! i'm still learning, what are the benefits in lollipoping a plant?

You get rid of the lower flowers and leaves. This allows the plant to focus production and nutes into the remaining flowers. More necessary production into the bud sites receiving the most light. Bigger more potent buds and less popcorn.

Ive been meaning to update.. shes hanging in there! Knocked her over a few times but that main stem is super strong. Cut all the bottom stuff off.. Shes got some pistils and frost now. Ill be lucky to get a couple gs if she makes it.
420-magazine-mobile1343646644.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1338363839.jpg

420-magazine-mobile587767008.jpg

I like her three little tops.. i guess i should have fed and watered her more but aint nobody got time for that.
420-magazine-mobile2014718757.jpg

Back
Top Bottom