Grow Challenge! All Welcome! Solo Cups & Autos!

420-magazine-mobile880625628.jpg

Here is a Bubblelicious Auto that's been growing in my soil mix and it smells and looks amazing.

420-magazine-mobile2081210437.jpg

I couldn't tell from the pics.

I had a gorilla glue auto hermie at day 25 (started showing pistils at day 19) from what I read , those seeds will all be hermied as well. If it pollinated any other females nearby that were grown from feminized seeds, then those seeds will all be feminized.

why should the seeds be hermie'd?

why should the seeds be hermie'd?

I probably shouldn't be the one to answer this since I'm quite new to growing myself, but when a hermie self pollinates itself, it could pass the hermie trait to its resulting seeds. If it pollinates a feminized plant, then it's basically like 2 female plants making fem seeds. At least that's my guess.

Allright. Time for an update on the Jacks. Non of them are candidates for winning this grow challenge. One of them has been sprayed heavy with colloidal silver, but for some reason it is refusing to make more nanners. They'll both become Jack Herer hash in the end. Along with the rest of the plants you can see here. All destined to become a minimal quantity of hash.

Can't remember how many days old they are now, but they're very very small :)

jacks1.jpg

CalMg in flush aye? I'll give it a go this run, I'm about to flush but I'll just stop A&B and keep CalMg yeah? My cocos rust up hard last week when I flush em

Its worked for me. No more than 1/2 tsp per gallon. Yes thats Imperial...

I probably shouldn't be the one to answer this since I'm quite new to growing myself, but when a hermie self pollinates itself, it could pass the hermie trait to its resulting seeds. If it pollinates a feminized plant, then it's basically like 2 female plants making fem seeds. At least that's my guess.

i've found the couple of plants that did hermie, since growing, was due to environmental stress.
i've also found a lot of dogma, or information passed down accepted as truth, not always to be, with this plant.
If you have space, try it...several times..see if its true that hermied plants give hermie seeds.
let us know. Im curious.
:circle-of-love:

i've found the couple of plants that did hermie, since growing, was due to environmental stress.
i've also found a lot of dogma, or information passed down accepted as truth, not always to be, with this plant.
If you have space, try it...several times..see if its true that hermied plants give hermie seeds.
let us know. Im curious.
:circle-of-love:

I was given the impression that hermies created under certain stressors would pass that sensitivity to their seeds. Like lighting issues would cause the seeds to hermie more easily under sudden light changes, but I'll be using colloidal silver in my current grow since I don't have a male this time. I plan on selfing my sprayed plant and using the seeds from it. I'll update on the process. Thanks :)

That's solid advice ziggy... and for my little update
420-magazine-mobile1477338059.jpg
420-magazine-mobile787325206.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1582452610.jpg
420-magazine-mobile133199831.jpg
this little white widow has changed smell drastically. There's no more sweetness. It smells like black pepper. Maybe a little mix of other spices but mostly black pepper. Trichomes are cloudy but no amber yet. Still a fair amount of white hair too. .
Lookn gud blood great job every1 with there autos nice lookn girls u all got

That is what I read as well. I will have some seeds from the Gorilla Glue that hermied and will pop them. I'll update on how they turn out.

From what I researched, if a plant hermies and then pollinates itself and produces viable seeds , then the plants grown from those seeds "may" be more likely to have that trait as well. Not sure how true this is, but willing to test it out.

A hermied plant would show both female and male parts.

I recently had a Gorilla Glue Auto that started throwing pistils early , but then also had male parts on two of the lower branches only. I tried to keep an eye and pinch them off as they showed up , but I know a couple threw pollen, I am keeping an eye out for seeds now as it finishes up.

Back
Top Bottom