The Red Cup!

420-magazine-mobile658838550.jpg
420-magazine-mobile995556867.jpg

Fed Mysty nutes and tied her down again. My bag seeds aren't doing much though. Will pollinating decrease yields? I'm thinking about making seeds with my hermie and Mysty, if she's a female.

Hey everybody! Just wanted to swing by with an update on my Nepalese Jam. I was super cropping and broke the stem a few days ago but it seems to be ok
420-magazine-mobile342317264.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2057828509.jpg
maybe she'll be like an old tree with a hole in it. Maybe some elves will move in and make me some fudge cookies. I could use some fudge cookies. Also gave her a topping.
420-magazine-mobile1249993865.jpg
I like messing with these solo cup plants so I'll probably harass her some more later. Best wishes ✌✌

420-magazine-mobile1147573563.jpg

Once Mysty shows pistils, hopefully, my hermie should have pollen ready so I can pollinate. The bag seeds are coming along slowly. Any opinions about the glossy leaves on my Blue?

I'm pretty embarrassed but here are my dad seedlings. My assumption is that this soil has way too much nitrogen in it. I've never seen seedlings do this before. I planted a bagseed to compare so we'll see if the results are the same.
420-magazine-mobile475179334.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1762742123.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1794301573.jpg
420-magazine-mobile699269941.jpg

Sorry the before and after pics are backwards. Green to yellow within days wtf?

18 oz solo cups

All hail the red cup! :adore:

with no more than 4 drainage holes, your soil of choice, your nutrients of choice, your strain of choice. We are going to do a 5 week veg and then a standard 8-9 week flower.

I've seen this thread, but haven't really kept up with it. I'm only on post #200, so still a LONG way from current. Just so many new posts every day...

The last rule for this first run is your clone must be taken on Wednesday May 17th, 2017.

I missed that by a mile, so I'm not participating as such, merely reading as and when I can (might be a while before I see any replies to this, lol).

I do have a Sensi Seeds Jack Herer clone in an 18-ounce Solo. It's been in there... IDK, three weeks from cutting off mama? So it's still small, just a little bushy plant. As usual, I didn't do anything special... Just cut the end off a branch, sliced a new end at an angle with a double-edged razor blade, stuck in a cup full of 75% Fox Farms Happy Frog / 25% perlite, pressed it in, waited for it to wilt, and watered it so it'd stand back up. Waited for it to wilt, watered it so it would stand back up. Waited for it to... You get the picture. No cloning gel or powder - although I did water it the first two times with some Olivia's Cloning Solution that I mixed at about 1/6 of its recommended dosage. And NO humidity dome. "Roots - not rot."

I was going to pot it, grow for a short time (month or less), and flower it - but then I decided to do an auto-flower grow, so... IDK. Eventual micro-mother (possibly in the cup permanently), I imagine. But I'll need to make the growth SLOW to a crawl, and stasis would be preferable. Which might be a little tricky, lol. Mama was in a square(ish) pot of about one-gallon capacity and she grew about seventeen billion (seemed like it ;) ) branches mostly around three feet, some a little closer to four feet, some a little less than 3½'. Stressed me out and that was before about half of them "decided" to continue growing on up into the 350-watt LED panel :rolleyes3 . Never even made it into flower because... ceiling. This (hopefully) will be less, but still I can already see it's eying the walls & ceiling, lmao. I flipped off the switch to the COBs and am just running the 60 little LEDs and it has still grown fairly well.

It won't be going into the sponsored GROWant grow I'll be starting later this week except incidentally (IOW, until I figure out what to do with it :laughtwo: ) . I might trim it a bit and stick it into a 30-gallon aluminum trash can. I'll have to use a couple CFLs to keep it alive, though, because I don't have a 70-watt HPS any more (which would work to actually grow/flower it in the trash can) - and I learned last year that a Lumatek ballast dimmed to 250 watts is a little too much for the confined space inside the can. Err... Especially when you forget to turn the switch down from the 400-watt setting :rofl: . Came back to it hours later, lifted off the cheap open reflector that was more or less covering the top of the can, and... I almost got the impression I could have heated water for tea in there. Oops.

Be a good plant to run by itself in a 3'x3' next year if it's still around in some form or other. Wish I knew someone who was truly clueless, lol; I'd ask them if they'd like a houseplant.

Anyway, I'll look forward to reading further in the coming days/weeks/I wish there were more hours in the day to learn how everyone - and their plants - turn out.

We dont always do clones. Right now we're doing photos in dirt.

The two are not mutually exclusive, lol. My (plant's) clone is a photoperiodic plant, and is in "dirt."

I might knock a hole in the side of a cup and do an... auto-flowering hempy Solo cup. Y'all have inspired me a bit, and since I'm doing autos this run...

Anyway, I'll let you folks get back to the regularly scheduled program. Looks like I've got about another 650 <YIKES!> to read in the thread.

The two are not mutually exclusive, lol. My (plant's) clone is a photoperiodic plant, and is in "dirt."

I might knock a hole in the side of a cup and do an... auto-flowering hempy Solo cup. Y'all have inspired me a bit, and since I'm doing autos this run...

Anyway, I'll let you folks get back to the regularly scheduled program. Looks like I've got about another 650 <YIKES!> to read in the thread.

I've been keeping up with our visitors and it seems a few of the regulars, and some visitors too, want to autos on our next run. We go to flower on October 13th. At the latest we'll be done by New Years. Then a couple of weeks to let the world settle back into normal. We will prolly start our next Red Cup mid to late January 2018. That's just crazy isn't it...?

Stick around and get in on the next run!!

420-magazine-mobile1774543270.jpg

Update on Mysty. She's growing well and I'll be tying her down some more. The other 2 will be going into the flowering chamber because of space limitations. I'm sure the seeds that I produce with my other female will be done by the next grow challenge. They'll be photos though

Here we are bout 3 weeks away from flip. I've pulled one of my Haze X from the Challenge. He/She's a keeper and I may pull one of my BB's as well. Anyway here's the portraits...

BB 1

VE8B2024.jpg

BB2

VE8B2025.jpg

BB3

VE8B2026.jpg

Haze X 3 (Not sure...)

VE8B2027.jpg

Haze X 2

VE8B2023.jpg

And Haze X 1, the quitter

VE8B2028.jpg
VE8B2029.jpg

How could I not keep a specimen like this. I think her Indica Gene's are showing. Check out the node spacing!!

420-magazine-mobile926337715.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1010680974.jpg

Tied Mysty down last night and woke up to her in a strange position. She'll probably adjust herself soon. If not, I'll do it myself. I should also get a fan going for air circulation

Back
Top Bottom