TheFrizz Is Back! VC/DC, CBD Therapy & Northern Lights Medical Grow For Mom

One day, I can only hope to have girls as lovely as this!

Hiya folks, today is Day 58 (Week 8) of flowering! I will be checking the trichomes under a microscope in a few days to see how close the girls are to harvest time! I am guessing between 1-2 weeks left on them. Jenny might be ready sooner, but I say hey lets keep her getting fatter! No need to pull her early unless she starts throwing nanners :)

General grow stats:

Temps-
Been in the high 80s and 90's in the grow tent thanks to summer actually starting here, water temps are stable between 68-71 degrees thanks to the chiller!

pH- Well I had a minor mishap, got distracted by other things for a day or two and the pH dropped into the 4's in Muffinz bucket. As a result, she cannibalized most of her fan leaves to preserve the buds. So I did some trimming on her to remove the dead crinkly stuff, but now she and Sidney are basically both just budsicles without any fan leaves left! :laughtwo: Other than that, pH has stayed around 5.6-5.8 ish since my last update.

Nutes- Been topping off with a mixture of the following dissolved in 5 gallons of tap water: 1/2 tsp of each of the 3 Jack's powders, 1 crushed 250 mg Vitamin C tablet (neutralizes chlorine), 2 tsp fulvic acid powder, 1/2 tsp humic acid powder. Comes out to around 450 ppm and a pH of 5.9. They drink this much every 3 days.

Also I started using a new beneficial bacteria product recommended by our very own Mr. Latitude17! It is called Southern Ag Garden- Friendly Biological Fungicide and contains the same active ingredient as Hydroguard. Except....it is insanely concentrated, for the same price! By insanely concentrated, I mean: Contains: 98.85% Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain D747, Other ingredients: 1.15%. Very happy with the results so far, it helped my neighbors DWC plants survive the heat wave we had without a chiller!

Humidity: Between 30-45% most days. It's really hot and really dry upstairs.

Training- All I have really done training wise is backbuild Sidney and Muffinz top buds, that was a week ago.

In these pics the ladies aren't as frosty as they were a few days ago. I think they will look better once the temps go back down into the 60s/70s. Heat is no bueno for trichomes (it was 95 degrees in the tent yesterday)!

Anyhoo, time for pics! :cheer:

Top view of tent
Weeks_7-8_flower_043.jpg

Jenny: She has been purpling nicely and her buds continue to swell!
Weeks_7-8_flower_035.jpg

Weeks_7-8_flower_047.jpg
Weeks_7-8_flower_039.jpg

Monique- She is much "daintier" than Jenny but still has tons of nice tasty buds :)
Weeks_7-8_flower_036.jpg

Weeks_7-8_flower_044.jpg
Weeks_7-8_flower_041.jpg

Muffinz- She has the fattest "colas" of the 4, probably because when flowering started, she was literally just 16 tiny growth tips, so there was no time for lateral buds to spread out. :laughtwo:
Weeks_7-8_flower_037.jpg

Weeks_7-8_flower_045.jpg
Weeks_7-8_flower_040.jpg

Sidney- She recovered well from her pH drop a couple weeks ago and her buds just keep getting fatter!
Weeks_7-8_flower_038.jpg

Weeks_7-8_flower_046.jpg
Weeks_7-8_flower_042.jpg

Macro shot to wrap it up:
Weeks_7-8_flower_034.jpg

As always, questions, comments, and feedback are welcome and appreciated! Next update will be microscope pics to determine harvest date! :thanks::Namaste:

~TheFrizz

. wow, GORGEOUS GROW!!!! .....

Hey Frizz, pretty lazy question, but how far should I put my bulb from plants, today are first day of flowering and I want them to stretch for first 5 weeks?. They are at 17inches at the moment, thanks in advance.

Hey Frizz, pretty lazy question, but how far should I put my bulb from plants, today are first day of flowering and I want them to stretch for first 5 weeks?. They are at 17inches at the moment, thanks in advance.

Forgot to say, it's 600w HPS

Hmm well I think 18 inches sounds pretty good, you could even move it 24 inches away if you really want them to stretch. If the internodes start getting too long for your taste, then move the light closer. :)

Frizz, I have a quick question for you. I believe I read (and I might be wrong as I read a lot of different journals) that you spoke of a tester for THC levels. Am I correct with that, and what tester or testing method other than sending to a lab would you recommend or do you use? Any assistance from you or other growers would be appreciated! Thanks!

Frizz, I have a quick question for you. I believe I read (and I might be wrong as I read a lot of different journals) that you spoke of a tester for THC levels. Am I correct with that, and what tester or testing method other than sending to a lab would you recommend or do you use? Any assistance from you or other growers would be appreciated! Thanks!

You sure it wasn't the brix tester she was using

Re: TheFrizz Is Back! VC/DC, CBD Therapy & Northern Lights Medical Grow For Mom

You sure it wasn't the brix tester she was using

I thought it was her thread that I read about testing for THC. Think she said something about a set number of tests she could do with it. I really didn't want to go back and re-read all 17 pages to check. I know she was recently talking about the Brix testers. But I don't know....off to physical therapy for now. Laters!!

I'll be testing my strains by how high I get lol
If growing for the dispensary then yah of course , but a hobbyist maybe for bragging rights lol

If growing for the dispensary then yah of course , but a hobbyist maybe for bragging rights lol

Same here! Is it one or two puff stuff? Lol
I got some one puff headband 707 right now that a buddy grew. Gotta be careful .lol

Same here! Is it one or two puff stuff? Lol
I got some one puff headband 707 right now that a buddy grew. Gotta be careful .lol

LOL, they are all one puff strains to my lightweight ass!!

Phil check your PM please

Hello friends! :welcome: Sorry for the late reply- I have been putting in my veggie garden this week :)

Yes, I will be testing THC and CBD levels with a kit very similar to the ones that Phil linked on the previous page. I was going to test the Blue Dream from my 1st grow on its own a month or two ago, but I decided to wait til this grow is done. Then I can run all 8 of my plants buds at once, which will ensure consistency of methods (since this is my first time using the kit).

Took a small bud from around the middle canopy of each plant to check under the microscope, and it looks like it's go time!!! Some amber and mostly cloudy trichomes. Harvest will be as soon as I get the materials ready for processing. :cheer:

The "sample buds":
Veggie_babies_and_pre_harvest_070.jpg

Jenny
Jenny.jpg

Monique
Monique.jpg

Sidney
Sidney.jpg

Muffinz
Muffinz.jpg

A few light-on pics, I will post full color ones on harvest day

Whole tent shots
Pre_harvest_photo_shoot_002.jpg

Jenny
Pre_harvest_photo_shoot_004.jpg

Monique
Pre_harvest_photo_shoot_005.jpg

Sidney
Pre_harvest_photo_shoot_007.jpg

Muffinz
Pre_harvest_photo_shoot_006.jpg

A couple more big picture shots to wrap it up :love:

Pre_harvest_photo_shoot_009.jpg
Pre_harvest_photo_shoot_001.jpg

Next update will be the harvest photo-shoot within the next few days! As always, questions, comments, and feedback are appreciated :thanks::Namaste:
~TheFrizz

Hello friends! :welcome: Sorry for the late reply- I have been putting in my veggie garden this week :)

Yes, I will be testing THC and CBD levels with a kit very similar to the ones that Phil linked on the previous page. I was going to test the Blue Dream from my 1st grow on its own a month or two ago, but I decided to wait til this grow is done. Then I can run all 8 of my plants buds at once, which will ensure consistency of methods (since this is my first time using the kit).

Took a small bud from around the middle canopy of each plant to check under the microscope, and it looks like it's go time!!! Some amber and mostly cloudy trichomes. Harvest will be as soon as I get the materials ready for processing. :cheer:

The "sample buds":
Veggie_babies_and_pre_harvest_070.jpg

Jenny
Jenny.jpg

Monique
Monique.jpg

Sidney
Sidney.jpg

Muffinz
Muffinz.jpg

A few light-on pics, I will post full color ones on harvest day

Whole tent shots
Pre_harvest_photo_shoot_002.jpg

Jenny
Pre_harvest_photo_shoot_004.jpg

Monique
Pre_harvest_photo_shoot_005.jpg

Sidney
Pre_harvest_photo_shoot_007.jpg

Muffinz
Pre_harvest_photo_shoot_006.jpg

A couple more big picture shots to wrap it up :love:

Pre_harvest_photo_shoot_009.jpg
Pre_harvest_photo_shoot_001.jpg

Next update will be the harvest photo-shoot within the next few days! As always, questions, comments, and feedback are appreciated :thanks::Namaste:
~TheFrizz

Those are gorgeous! .

Back
Top Bottom