Toke's Lowryder Trio

Token--- looks like vent in the front on the bottom??

Then the two black cpu fans are exhaust?

Is the intake passive? Cold air?

Just baked and thinking out loud.

Token--- looks like vent in the front on the bottom??

Then the two black cpu fans are exhaust?

Is the intake passive? Cold air?

Just baked and thinking out loud.

Yup, I have 2 4x10 vents in the front for some passive intake as well as 2 80mm fans in the middle of the back for intake as well (also acts as a fan on the plants for right now) The 2 big fans up top are 120mm 62 CFM each for exhaust. I plan on making or buying some kind of elbow piece to direct my exhaust up and out instead of just blowing against the wall.

Yup, I have 2 4x10 vents in the front for some passive intake as well as 2 80mm fans in the middle of the back for intake as well (also acts as a fan on the plants for right now) The 2 big fans up top are 120mm 62 CFM each for exhaust. I plan on making or buying some kind of elbow piece to direct my exhaust up and out instead of just blowing against the wall.

Sounds like a decent setup. The elbow idea would probably help some.

And I 100% agree with you. I was surprised at the quality of bud I was able to get out of CFL's lights. It can definitely be done, and produce good smoke.

Hopefully you get the heat in check. Is the room the cabinet is in super warm? Any way to cool that down some?

I have a big ole deep freezer. I take buckets and milk jugs and such. Fill them with water and then freeze. The dump the bucket or cut open the plastic milk jug to get the large ice block out. A fan over the ice block = cheap man's a/c.

Dry ice works the same, but melts into gas instead of liquid which makes cleanup a ton easier! Also adds c02 to the garden, but at minimal levels. Its used more the the cooling.

Looking good like the new box too!

I disagree with you 420HPS in a box that size controlling heat with an HPS light would be a nightmare.... believe me I know. I wish I had put my money and time into a CFL setup for my cab instead of the HPS and never ending heat control.

Sounds like a decent setup. The elbow idea would probably help some.

And I 100% agree with you. I was surprised at the quality of bud I was able to get out of CFL's lights. It can definitely be done, and produce good smoke.

Hopefully you get the heat in check. Is the room the cabinet is in super warm? Any way to cool that down some?

I have a big ole deep freezer. I take buckets and milk jugs and such. Fill them with water and then freeze. The dump the bucket or cut open the plastic milk jug to get the large ice block out. A fan over the ice block = cheap man's a/c.

Dry ice works the same, but melts into gas instead of liquid which makes cleanup a ton easier! Also adds c02 to the garden, but at minimal levels. Its used more the the cooling.

:laugh: those are some pretty good ideas, I even tried squeezing my cool mist humidifer but it wouldnt fit :loopy:

I believe, unless someone can tell me otherwise, that my temps (78-81)are within the usable range. It also helped that I added 3 of the 2700k bulbs, which usually run cooler than the daylight bulbs, and when I get into flowering it will come down even more. Hopefully, heat won't be an issue anymore!

:peace:

Looking good like the new box too!

I disagree with you 420HPS in a box that size controlling heat with an HPS light would be a nightmare.... believe me I know. I wish I had put my money and time into a CFL setup for my cab instead of the HPS and never ending heat control.

I can't imagine trying to deal with an HPS in my small cab :grinjoint:

I believe that if you meet at least the minimum lumen output for each sq foot AND allow for even light distribution through training, CFL's can produce impressive buds that some people might not be able to tell the difference between those and HID's.

Yup. You hit it on the head. For small grows CFLs can produce amazing buds. Although 420hps was only tryna help by suggesting the HPS. I wouldnt knock 'em for that. HPS is tried and true 10,000 times over. Buuut, in this case with the small cab, the cfls should definitly hold you down

P.S. i like the new avatar :nomo:

:drojo:

Yup. You hit it on the head. For small grows CFLs can produce amazing buds. Although 420hps was only tryna help by suggesting the HPS. I wouldnt knock 'em for that. HPS is tried and true 10,000 times over. Buuut, in this case with the small cab, the cfls should definitly hold you down

P.S. i like the new avatar :nomo:

:drojo:

Wasn't trying to bash anyone, I'm sure you know that dro :grinjoint: Believe me I'd love to see what I could get with HPS, maybe in the future! ;)

And yes, fry is one of my favorite characters :laugh: Reminds me of myself, in some ways :roorrip:

I didnt mean to bash anyone either sorry if it sounded harsh 420HPS but when I started mostly everyone said HPS was the way to go, but unless you have all that extra air to buffer the heat output by the HPS its really hard to control temps. I just spoke up because I thought I could help someone avoid my mistakes lol.

Thanks for bringing that too my attention Dro...:reading420magazine:

haha its all good. we're all civilized here...

brb gotta roll up :rollit:

Hey, Token... since no one answered your question on the temps... 79-80 F is perfect for these babies. Ideally, you want to maintain between 75-85 F. I get the best results keeping it in this range, with RH in the 40-60% range, for vegging. I know you're having a difficult time with the RH, but I'm managing to do it with my humidifier as well, to keep it around 50-55%. Only my humidifier is a warm mist one, and that seems to help, rather than the cool mist. You're cooling things off with the cooler mist.

Hey, Token... since no one answered your question on the temps... 79-80 F is perfect for these babies. Ideally, you want to maintain between 75-85 F. I get the best results keeping it in this range, with RH in the 40-60% range, for vegging. I know you're having a difficult time with the RH, but I'm managing to do it with my humidifier as well, to keep it around 50-55%. Only my humidifier is a warm mist one, and that seems to help, rather than the cool mist. You're cooling things off with the cooler mist.

Without my humidifier on, my RH is only 20% and when I turn it on it might get to 25% but no higher. But I'm sure the warm mist ones would only add to the heat problem I'm tight roping here :grinjoint: Looks like I'll have to wait till spring until the RH comes back up, winter here is just so dry! I appreciate the input though kodiak! :roorrip:

Without my humidifier on, my RH is only 20% and when I turn it on it might get to 25% but no higher. But I'm sure the warm mist ones would only add to the heat problem I'm tight roping here :grinjoint: Looks like I'll have to wait till spring until the RH comes back up, winter here is just so dry! I appreciate the input though kodiak! :roorrip:

No problem, Token... I was just giving my 2 cents on the humidifier. Without mine, I run between 20-30% RH, so I know what you mean. I haven't noticed the heat problem, but then again, I'm not in a grow cabinet... mine is set up in a spare bedroom, utilizing the entire room. I also have a small ceramic oscillating space heater, to add to the heat in this room, since hubby likes to keep the rest of the house in the low 60s for his comfort level. So, I maintain my heat at about 78-80F with it on an automatic thermostat.

Day 10!

The babies are all doing well, just watered them this morning. I can definitely tell that one of them is growing faster than the other 2. Hopefully it doesn't end up being a dude. :smokin: It's a good day too, as you can see temps are great and actually got my RH up a little bit!

Anyone have any advice on when I should start using either Big Bloom, molasses or both?

132.jpeg

151.jpeg

142.jpeg

161.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

Only thing I can say about nutes is that I fed my plants on day 14 (one was actually on day 10) with Grow Big and they seemed to really take off!

As far as big bloom and tiger bloom, I was told to feed them as soon as they showed sex. We're using a very similar soil mixture as well.

Hope that helps!

Only thing I can say about nutes is that I fed my plants on day 14 (one was actually on day 10) with Grow Big and they seemed to really take off!

As far as big bloom and tiger bloom, I was told to feed them as soon as they showed sex. We're using a very similar soil mixture as well.

Hope that helps!

I agree, it's just harder to tell when to start feeding Autos since they go through virtually no vegetative stage so people really don't water feed vegging nutes. Which is why I just went with adding high N guano to my soil mix instead of having to water feed them veg nutes.

The cool thing about Big bloom is that it's very light, nute wise. It also has some micronutrients beneficial to growth. I might start adding it next watering but by then itll be close to pulling out any males.

Might just have to end up waiting till they show me what they need and go from there! :grinjoint:

I've heard convincing arguments on everything from not feeding your autoflowers at all to starting them on full strength after the third set of leaves to everything in between. I think it's probably like everything else in the pot growing world... it depends a lot on the strain.

Tell you what, let's do it our own ways and then compare after the harvest =D That's the best way I guess!

I've heard convincing arguments on everything from not feeding your autoflowers at all to starting them on full strength after the third set of leaves to everything in between. I think it's probably like everything else in the pot growing world... it depends a lot on the strain.

Tell you what, let's do it our own ways and then compare after the harvest =D That's the best way I guess!

I agree! Make up your minds people! :grinjoint:

But it is probably based on strain and probably person preference as well.

Back
Top Bottom