Toke's Lowryder Trio

Update!

The cabinet is finally DONE! Cleaned it up a little bit and ran the lights for a while then put the babies in.

box7.jpeg

box8.jpeg

Temps are running a little high right now, probably still because of the new bulbs, but that should come down. It was running at around 85 at plant level so I raised the lights a little bit. Once they cool down I'll lower them.

:popcorn:
:peacetwo:

Nice clean set up
+rep

Need some advice!

Woke up this morning to find the box at 92 degrees, after opening the doors it dropped down to 82. I've got 2 80 mm CPU fans that I could add as more intake or exhaust. Which one would be more beneficial to cooling the box down.

You guys have probably noticed that I don't use a reflector, mostly because of the heat problem. It would only add to the heat factor, so until I can get temps down, no reflector.

:reading420magazine:
:peace:

After a little testing with more intake vs. exhaust, more intake seemed to be better, and raising the lights and pots closer to the exhaust fans seems to bring the cab down to 79. Now that's a temperature I can work with :grinjoint:

Got to hate winter though! Low humidity has stayed around (20-25%) thinking about a thing of water in the cab with my mini air pump with an air stone to see if that helps ;)

The babies have responded very well to the new home though! :cheer: Grew alot since being moved in. Pictures and update tomorrow!
:yahoo:

Update!

Day 7

The trio is looking great and I've gotten the temps more under control. I have noticed a much fast growth rate since being moved into the cabinet, the leaves are starting to reach up for the light and staying nice and short. Finally got the temps into a manageable range after adding 2 80mm fans for more intake (it also blows on the plants so that's another plus) and raising the lights and pots towards the exhaust which got it down to 79-80 degrees.

1110.jpeg

1010.jpeg

910.jpeg

126.jpeg

:popcorn: time for more waiting :popcorn:

Wanna play tic tac toe or somethin to pass the time?? :smokin:

Looks great ! I finally got 4 to come up so i am excited to have things underway. I know you are! I checked out your last grow looks similar to my first and this will be my second indoor as well . I cant wait to see how things pan out for you ! :yahoo: Now we wait :popcorn: :bong:

Hey toke, sweet lookin cab man!

I looked at the photos and I think I know the problem with your temperature. I'm going to wager to say that your temperature gauge is too close to the lights and giving off a false reading!

I thought I was having the same problem for a few days when I found that my temperature was spiking to 106+ degrees. After a while, I contacted a friend and he let me borrow a really expensive digital thermometer/barometer thingy. I put it in the same spot as my cheapo temperature and it was reading about 24 degrees cooler.

Since I moved my cheapo to a new spot, it reads closer to what I believe the actual temperature is.

Maybe, who knows?

been there

tokensmoke nice cabinet! but i hope you will change the lights after 20days when they start to flower!
ballast&hps 150watt sylvania light total costs are only 45$! cfl can not compare with hps! and there is no heat by the 150watt hps light! (cool tube)

:cool:GHS Indica H-mix

Hey toke, sweet lookin cab man!

I looked at the photos and I think I know the problem with your temperature. I'm going to wager to say that your temperature gauge is too close to the lights and giving off a false reading!

I thought I was having the same problem for a few days when I found that my temperature was spiking to 106+ degrees. After a while, I contacted a friend and he let me borrow a really expensive digital thermometer/barometer thingy. I put it in the same spot as my cheapo temperature and it was reading about 24 degrees cooler.

Since I moved my cheapo to a new spot, it reads closer to what I believe the actual temperature is.

Maybe, who knows?

You could very well be right BT, you get what you pay for and I definitely bought the cheap thermo/hydrometer from wally world :grinjoint: Might have to look into one that has the remote sensor, but I believe I've dialed in the temp pretty well now :rollit:

tokensmoke nice cabinet! but i hope you will change the lights after 20days when they start to flower!
ballast&hps 150watt sylvania light total costs are only 45$! cfl can not compare with hps! and there is no heat by the 150watt hps light! (cool tube)

Money is a little short right now, so until that changes the CFL's have to stay. I would really like to switch to an HPS but height restrictions also limit what I can use. The height of a the HPS hood and the distance required away from the light really take off how tall I can grow these 3 plants.

BUT after this grow I plan on doing a 2 plant LST grow with non-autos. Since I'd be able to keep the canopy more even that way, I would think about switching to a 150watt HPS around then. But we'll have to see! :cool:

Thats an awesome cabinet you got there Token. +reps if i can. Cant wait to see how this one turns out, more light and more space :popcorn:

:thanks: MH! Glad you're aboard for this grow too! :welcome:

Re: been there

:cool:GHS Indica H-mix

Gasp! CFL HATER!!! Lol. I don't see the problem with cfls. I've seen other people's harvests under cfls and they were impressive. (Ok, i've only seen two harvests under cfl in person, but they were both awesome). You just need lots of cfls =D

Yeah, like me... I'm at about 5100 lumens per sq feet. I still think i need more...

Back
Top Bottom