Gfo1's first grow-lowryder mix

gfo1

Ok, so after a few weeks of reading on the forum i decided to try growing myself. the whole grow box was made using stuff i could get for free(money isn't flowing the way I'd like it to!lol), so its basically just a 3x2ft frame with reflective insulator walls and partly for the top of it and narrow wooden beams across the top so i can hang lights down.

I am planning on growing three plants at a time so I have always have something growing as autofs do not need different light patterns.

have started to germinate 3 seeds using paper towel method.(2 are now planted ,now waiting for a seedling to pop up)and hoping for no males!lol

here are the materials I'm gonna be using:
Seeds:Lowryder mix(Lowryder, Lowryder2, Diesel Ryder and Purple Ryder(?? never heard of it before!)

Lighting: 9x21watt cfls and one 20 watt (12350 lumens)Using reflectors on 5 lights as well.

Fans: using two 80mm pc fans to extract (low cfm)
120mm pc fan(170 cfm) for air circulation and to strengthen plants.

Soil: mixed my own:50% sphagnum peat moss, 25% potting mix and 25% perlite.

Nutes:Ionic Grow(soil)
Ionic Bloom(soil)
Ionic Boost
Superthrive
-----------------------------------------------------------------
As this is my first grow any advice is welcome!:ganjamon: :thanks:
I will post some pics as soon as i find the connection for my pc!

gfo1 :smokin: peace

gfo1 everything looks good! Also good choice on the cfls! i also use cfls and currently have 8, i think my total lumens is 12800 looking forward to seeing those pics! good luck!

outside of the box:
DSC001781.JPG

overhead with no top on it
DSC001771.JPG

Inside of box
DSC001761.JPG

120mm fan blowing air in
DSC001751.JPG

overhead
DSC001731.JPG

extracting fans
DSC00172.JPG

ok thats all the pics for now hope its not too much!:ganjamon: or too little!lol

as soon as i get some seedlings ill post more!

if i could i would! no home depot for at least a few thousand miles!lol! i found a 200 watter in a shop but way too much for my budget at the moment!hopefully i might stumble across better bulbs somewhere!

Thanks for the encouragement dogman!:Rasta:

today is the first day after I planted a seed in the big pots and a shoot is already poppin up! :grinjoint:

Im just using my phone as a camera at the moment so the quality isn't the best!
first_sign_of_green_.JPG

heres the seeds im using
seeds10.JPG

and the nutes
DSC001793.JPG

any comments welcome! :rollit:

Off to a great start gfo1...I am also growing some AFs..White Widow in my case, in a DWC setup. After many years outdoors I was forced inside and I thought that these AFs were an interesting way to get my feet wet with hydro. Looks like you have a very interesting mix of plants...I'll be dropping in from time to time on this journal. +rep for luck!

thanks for the rep SouthernWeed! DWC sounds like it will grow the plants fast! just looked it up there! lol I might try hydro growing after a few soil grows! gonna have a look at your journal now!:ganjamon:

nice setup brother! Cant wait to see these babies grow, good luck finding some lights!:bongrip:

thanks Ch0d4! hopefully everythin goes smoothly!:ganjamon: i got some lights already but would rather havn a higher watt cfl so get more light from the one light socket = more bud!:yummy:

thanks for rep! yeh i hope i get all fems too! and thanks for the info on lst''ing! will try it on a plant!

k so here's the growth so far,I know its not much but i was wondering if i could start with some light feedings? or should i wait until the true leaves grow out a bit? At the moment I am just spraying frequently with pH neutral water with a tiny bit of superthrive.

6DSC00199.JPG

any advice,comments are welcome! :ganjamon:

:thanks:

looking good! and about the feeding i would wait untill maybe 2 or 3 weeks into growth right now might be a lil too early you can give it nute burn if you do. Because its so small i dont think it would tolerate the nutes this early. And its ok to spray with straight ph for now!

ok thanks l8tnightskunk! thats what i was thinkin but wasnt too sure!

a little update: 3 seeds have been planted now and are showing the cotyledon leaves! just waiting for the first plant to show true leaves now! hopefully soon!:rollit:

here are the babies progress so far

plant1
7DSC00204.JPG

plant2 planted in pot now(Sorry bou the quality)
DSC00203.JPG

and just popping up plant 3!
DSC002051.JPG

one more seed on the way as well, need to find a pot and soil to grow her in!lol

:allgood: peace

I know this might sound like a stupid question but when seedlings are around 5-6 days old should i be soaking the whole pot of water(10L) or should I be just spraying it? at the mo im just spraying every 4 or 5 hours and they seem to be doing ok but not sure if they're growing as fast as they could be!

and just to update, all 4 seedlings are all doing well! plant1 is around 2" coming in second is plant 3! I dont think anybodys interested in pics of seedlings so ill start posting pics when they look a little more grown up!

PEACE

Back
Top Bottom