Too Old's Indoor Hempy Auto Fem Candy Cane - 2014

Hooray!! The ladies of the lamp popped their second set this morning, so they got their first feed of ferts. I told them they were cutting it too close, and that if they didn't smarten up, there were lots that were ready to replace them. We'll see if the message sinks in. They nodded and smiled and said thank you, so I left them to feed.

Update - it's been four days since last input, been bad around here. So the girls are on a 1/8 nute regimen, 18/6 for lights, lowered the light to 12", had to add two trays with water just to up the RH. Second set of leaves seem to be growing much faster now. Had another casualty, same as the last. Stem was weak and thin, although the leaves still look good, and she is stunted just like #1. I'm going to leave this one alone, at least until I'm sure of death, then pull and have a look at the roots. So, out of the four, have two left. Of these two, there is a definite size difference in the stem diameters. I'm beginning to think this is a strain trait, not sure why they don't grow the same, maybe unstable. The two that are left look good and are still growing, so here's hoping. Good growing all.

Sorry to hear it mate, still aslong as the other two look healthy :). Ive had RH problems like that before, anytime it is summer where i live i get temps of 35c+ and Rh of like 15-% sometimes, ended up adding two big trays with water and a couple of pans lol. Bloody RH!!!!

Hope you dont hit anymore issues dude, are there any upcomming pics to look forward to?

I feel right along with you too old on two counts - I'm battling RH right now, plants are budding and RH took a dive with winter weather. Also, this grow had a lot of germination problems...that's why the title of my journal doesn't match the strains I've got going in bud - three failed germination attempts...

Keep at it with those two strong ladies [photos?] and Good Grow thoughts sent your way :peace:

Thanks guys. Yeah, RH is a bitch right now. That's the problem with a small room and electric heat. I've put the pans right under the plants, with a fan blowing across them and I have to top them up every day. Maybe my hygro isn't all that accurate. Doesn't look like the girls are suffering. Did I mention that they both popped their third set of leaves? Still small though, maybe an inch high or so. Seems hard to believe that Soup's are only 31 days ahead of mine, but I've never grown autos, so not really sure what's going to happen. As for pics, sure, I guess. Not going to be much. A couple of small plants in perlite. I'll try for tomorrow evening. Gotta go to town for my weekly leeching, so we'll see what comes about. Have a green one all!

The growth will explode once they hit the resv. It will be a night and day difference.

And if you don't post some pictures soon, I'm going to stop following your journal :cheesygrinsmiley:

The growth will explode once they hit the resv. It will be a night and day difference.

And if you don't post some pictures soon, I'm going to stop following your journal :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah your spot on there, mine were small and bushy for the first maybe 3+ weeks then they shot up insanely fast, it was a shock, but a good one lol. Im sure the same will happen for you soon no doubt.

OK OK....jeez.....like having a second wife. So here they are in all their glory, surrounded by a sea of white rocks. Limited in it's scope, yet limitless in it's future. I hope you appreciate the effort and dedication involved in this pictorial essay, it's not easy being a pariah.
CandyCane2014_011.jpg
CandyCane2014_010.jpg
420 Magazine

Update - so it's day twenty from sprout. Third set of leaves have developed. Temps are all good, RH is still tough to get on board. Girls don't seem to know or care, though. They have been feeding at 1/8 nutes for a while now, and now with this next set of leaves, I think it's time to up their nutes to 1/4 strength. I've been watching the colour at 40X and so far so good, but with the increase, will have to watch closely for the next day or three. Hope all is green in your world. Later.

Colesdad - see above post for today's pics.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah, they were a couple of plants I was trying to see if I could LST into different shapes. Seemed to work ok, not exactly what I wanted though.

Update - Day 21: power outage! Electric heater did not reset itself when power came back. Lights and fans were ok, but went without heat for about two hours. When I went into the grow room, temps at floor level were 58*F, temps at grow table 64*F. After resetting the heater, temps came up to 80*F at the plants within ten minutes. Dodged a bullet this time. Everything seems ok.

Phew that sounds like a close one lol, good job sorting it though. I had a real scare on my last grow, my 600W HPS broke one of the strings holding it up and fell down with the bulb just against my wooden wall!!! luckily i was in the room and found it straight away, could have burned my bloody house down though lol!

Edit - forgot to ask, are those budding plants old ones or current? They look nice and dense man :Namaste:

Hello and welcome, Meriwether. A humidifier would probably be a good bet, but as the girls aren't showing any stress yet, I think I'll leave it for now. Besides, I really don't think my $5 off-shore hygrometers are all that accurate. If the situation changes in the next few weeks, I have one from previous grows I can set up and install.

Soup - those plants are from two summers ago. We had a killer summer, I think it only rained at night, days were like in the pic. Yield from that crop was excellent. If I remember correctly, those in the pic still had four or five weeks to go.

Catman - yeah, it makes you wonder why a guy stops growing. Everyone should have four like that any given time. Ahhhh, nirvana!

Back
Top Bottom