Tricome's first journal

Welcome Doc! Thanx for the compliments everyone!

How is the OdorSok working for you?
Works great! I used to come home to a wall of dank; now no smell. ;)

great idea with the lawnmower filter as well man
Thanx. I was going to use pantyhose, but found this and thought it would be cooler....and more manly. LOL :smokin:

Things are looking good. I just watered (first of flush), so I should have room in the flower chamber in 2-3 weeks.
Seedling are doing well except for one. I only have two clones left. One looks bad(yellow).
The other; which is a large top in a light nutrient solution in a small glass; is doing well.
I got a free sample of the sure to grow ( white cubes). So far I'm not impressed. Seeds seem to germinate slower and clones don"t appear to take as well as rockwool. I'll give it another chance though. Since this is my first time using it.
I plan on posting pics tomorrow. :peace:

Here are the pics.
Seedlings.
100_0127.JPG

I think this one's done for.
100_01351.JPG

My sad clones and other seedling.
100_01282.JPG

Water farm seedling.
100_0129.JPG

The two "hold backs' still in veg.
100_0130.JPG

Big flowering transition girl.
100_0131.JPG

Welcome dakota, your plants are looking great!
I hope I have the same success!
Yea, Pit, NL5 is the best but I think these are just regular NL.

Well, another seedling bit the dust. That leaves me with 6, one of which is quite a runt.
I also got rid of the clones. They just weren't happening.
In the flower room, it's confusing. Every time I look at the trics, I reevaluate which plants will be ready first and when. I may be harvesting one or two soon. If I can free up some space, I can put the transition plant under the HPS, so it can finally develop some buds. So far, it has only pretty much shown flowers, but no development. The two hold backs are looking well after their feeding yesterday. Also feed the seedlings, which look good, except for the runt.
It may be the next to go. I will update pics soon.:peace:

hey tircome,, sorry bout the herms,, but still be some good smoke in there im sure,,
was just thinking man you should find somewhere to plant those two big buggers outside and let them do there thing if you can,, cause they gonna have too reach 6' or 7' height when flowered i would think,,but if you got the room great! i hope they females for ya!

was wondering what kind of fan (cfm)you use with that 250hps and ordor sock setup,,
and rough cubic feet of room,, im building flower chamber and wanna make sure i dont have to much smell,

hey tircome,, sorry bout the herms,, but still be some good smoke in there im sure,,
was just thinking man you should find somewhere to plant those two big buggers outside and let them do there thing if you can,, cause they gonna have too reach 6' or 7' height when flowered i would think,,but if you got the room great! i hope they females for ya!

was wondering what kind of fan (cfm)you use with that 250hps and ordor sock setup,,
and rough cubic feet of room,, im building flower chamber and wanna make sure i dont have to much smell,
Hey, estranged! Welcome aboard!
I wish I could put them outside! But, I live in the middle of the city. I do have a country friend who has an outdoor garden, though. I wonder if he has any space.
The room is a closet 4 1/2'Wx2'Dx8'H. There is a shelf at 6' high and a rod below that. So, I actually have about 4 1/2' of vertical space. I hope they'll fit!
The fan is a cheapo 170cmf 4". But, it works fine for me!

Here are some new pics.
Flower room
100_0138.JPG

100_0139.JPG

100_01412.JPG

100_01424.JPG

100_01432.JPG

Veg room
See the runt in front
100_01443.JPG

100_01451.JPG

100_01462.JPG

Transition female
100_01472.JPG

100_0148.JPG

Good growing brother. Are those the Sure to Grow blocks you are using? The newer supposedly better version of rockwool? How they working for you? pH inert? they hold together nicely? Easy to control moisture? Susceptible to algae? What are they made of or what does it feel like they are made of? Looks like cotton or something but I've never handled one.

:peace:

ya i dont know about them fitting in there then,, they must be what 3' tall now??
can't really tell in the pics ,, so i could be way off,, :)
but you could always remove the shelf maybe,, or tie them over i guess too,,
no probs ,, you'll make it work,, but outside man they would sure produce i bet,,

that like a 170cfm bathroom fan/inline/other?? i got a 250cfm inline ,, but it sure looks wimpy,,lol,, i think its just a booster fan or something and really just a peice of shit,,lol,
i need to find something quick,, not $200 tho either,,

Welcome, pan4! What can I cover the hydroton with that will let the nutrient solution flow through?

Welcome, McBuds! The sure to grow is recycled plastic, and it feels like cotton. It,s ph neutral.They do not hold water very well. The moisture stays in the dense top layer, and it will grow algae. All 3 clones and one seedling in the stg have failed. The water farm seedling is the only stg surviver. These seem like pretty standard results. I'm not really impressed, but I would like to hear a more experienced growers assessment. It was a free sample pack from the hydro store. I have some left that I will use, but I don't think I will be buying any more. I still have plenty of rockwool cubes.

Hey, estranged! I hope I can control the hight issue! lol
This is the fan I have.
100_01551.JPG

It's an Ecoplus brand, and cost 80 bucks.

Hey, pit! It seems to be doing better, but I'll definitely consider your suggestion!

Thanx for all the great comments, questions, and advice! Keep 'em coming!
I'll post pics later today.

well that fan is im sure alot more capable then this peice of crap i bought,,
your setup looks good,and thanks for showing me a pic of how you did your ventilation,it will help me get things up and running as smooth as you i hope.
nice work,,
+rep

Thanx, estranged. Good luck to you!
Well, the runt wasn't happening. So, I got rid of it. The other seedlings are coming along nicely. I'll be transplanting soon. The two hold backs and the transition are about the same as last pics. I went to bed real early yesterday, so the transition female was in the light all night. I put it in the dark closet this morning, and will take it out tomorrow morning. Hopefully it won't reveg too bad. It certainly doesn't need to get any bigger! Here are the pics.
100_01561.JPG

100_01571.JPG

In the flower room the tall plant and the big one are almost ready to harvest. Only a week or two.
100_0151.JPG

100_01541.JPG

100_0152.JPG

100_01501.JPG

100_01491.JPG

Back
Top Bottom