Two Stars In The Night

NAGreengo

Welcome friends! I'm happy to have you tag along..
:passitleft:

I will attempt to grow through to harvest, one of each Night Owl Seeds Star Spangled Banner III & Star Krunch. This will be done organically with reammended 4th cycle Happy Frog that I've turned living soil in 5 gallon fabric pots. Under a ParfactWorks WF420, in a 5x30x80 tent. As of today, they are in the soil ready for germ.

Star Krunch
Screenshot_20220814-121121.png

Star Spangled Banner III​
Screenshot_20220814-121107.png

:peace:

Welcome friends! I'm happy to have you tag along..
:passitleft:

I will attempt to grow through to harvest, one of each Night Owl Seeds Star Spangled Banner III & Star Krunch. This will be done organically with reammended 4th cycle Happy Frog that I've turned living soil in 5 gallon fabric pots. Under a ParfactWorks WF420, in a 5x30x80 tent. As of today, they are in the soil ready for germ.

Star Krunch
Screenshot_20220814-121121.png

Screenshot_20220814-121107.png

I'm in. Those "in the know" say you can't do a living soil in a pot that small. Have you any plans to supplement the grow if they turn out to be right?

I'm in. Those "in the know" say you can't do a living soil in a pot that small. Have you any plans to supplement the grow if they turn out to be right?
:welcome:
Great to have you along!

Soil Amendments pre germination:

Down To Earth Bat Guano, Wiggle Worm Worm Castings, Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth. NPK Industries Microbes. And finally, Arbico Organics Mycorrhizal Fungi.

Flowering ammendments:

Start day 21-25, and every 10-14 days thereafter unless deficiencies are detected. In which case the schedule will shift to every 7 days. (usually late Flower)

Down To Earth Bat Guano, Dr Earth Flower Girl, Diatomaceous Earth, and finally NPK Industries Bloom Microbes.

Watering/ Foliar Spray Additives:

NPK Industries Full Up, Kelp, Silica, and Neptune's Harvest Organic Liquid Fish & Seaweed, (used between amendment schedule if signs of NPK deficiencies arise.)

I use this schedule for 3 gallon living soil pots as well. I have soil in a few of my pots that is 3 years young.
:thumb:

:welcome:
Great to have you along!

Soil Amendments pre germination:

Down To Earth Bat Guano, Wiggle Worm Worm Castings, Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth. NPK Industries Microbes. And finally, Arbico Organics Mycorrhizal Fungi.

Flowering ammendments:

Start day 21-25, and every 10-14 days thereafter unless deficiencies are detected. In which case the schedule will shift to every 7 days. (usually late Flower)

Down To Earth Bat Guano, Dr Earth Flower Girl, Diatomaceous Earth, and finally NPK Industries Bloom Microbes.

Watering/ Foliar Spray Additives:

NPK Industries Full Up, Kelp, Silica, and Neptune's Harvest Organic Liquid Fish & Seaweed, (used between amendmemt schedule if signs of NPK deficiencies arise.)

I use this schedule for 3 gallon living soil pots as well. I have soil in a few of my pots that are 3 years young.
I almost forgot to mention that I've pretreated the soil with Evironmetal Factor Nematodes, for pest control. And I will continue use as a preventative throughout the grow.

I've had good luck adding neem, crustacean and karanja meals to my organic mix.

I used to have thrips literally every time I up-potted. I think they must come in with the fresh worm castings I add, but since I started adding the meals I haven't had any issues.

I've had good luck adding neem, crustacean and karanja meals to my organic mix.

I used to have thrips literally every time I up-potted. I think they must come in with the fresh worm castings I add, but since I started adding the meals I haven't had any issues.
The Nematodes do their jobs well. I've not had a problem with heavy infestations of any sort in several years. I strictly use them as a precautionary measure for fear of running in to those type of issues. (edit) They keep Fungus Gnats, Aphids, and Thrips at bay.

Hi there :)

I’d love to watch. I too have a seedling almost the same age, and my growth on her is identical. It’s reassuring I’m in the right grow zone as I thought she was falling behind.

owls-owl.gif

Day 20
First feed for the ladies..

Soil Amendments :
1/2 Cup, Dr. Earth Flower Girl
1/2 Cup, Worm Castings
1/8 Cup, Down To Earth Bat Guano
(7-3-1)
1/4 Cup, of Diatomaceous Earth

_20220904_003704.JPG

Thanks for stopping by!

At the first indication of stretching and sex, I slowly begin increasing the light intensity daily. The light fixture will remain a distance of 24-18 inches from the canopy throughout the grow cycle to help keep stretch at a minimum.

Environmental conditions remain steady...
_20220906_104048.JPG

kissing-robert-e-fuller.gif

Day 27
Screenshot_20220911-110657.png

Stretch is in high gear. I'll be tucking leaves for the duration until the stretch has ended. Star Krunch (left) is exploding into a bush at a quick pace , while Star Spangled Banner III seems to be a tad bit slower. This week I've introduced NPK Industries Full Up to the watering schedule at 1/16 the recommended dose to help encourage and stabilize consistent nutrient uptake. They are asking for water at a pace of every other day at this point, but seem to be doing so at an ever increasing rate. Very soon they'll need watered daily. PPFD is set to be on the increase at a rate of 4% daily now, and at the moment stands at around 355.

Thanks for stopping by!

9/18
tumblr_m94vo05Qlz1r2wrwho1_500.gif

Day 34
The ladies are climbing at a rate of 2-3 inches per day, and have widened to about 28 inches at the leaf tips. Flowering has begun, and to see how far I can push their limits I began showering them with 780 PPFD about 2 days prior. They've seemed to have taken it very well and continue to climb regardless. I ammended the soil the same day with the exact measurements as before, and now they're demanding water daily in which I have now incorporated NPK Industries Silica along with Full Up at 1/8 the recommended dosage. They've also received their first foliar with a half dose of NPK-I Kelp, and 1/8 recommended dosage of Full Up at the beginning of the week. They will receive one more foliar next as well.
Star Krunch Left​

screenshot_20220918-153600-png.png

Star Krunch​
screenshot_20220918-231902-png.png

screenshot_20220918-231843-png.png

Thanks for stopping in!

Back
Top Bottom