Ugh seed starting problems

Cbdman

I have had so many problems trying to start seeds this time around . I have killed 12 seeds so far. My guess that its not helping the seeds are about 6 months old from when i ordered them. I have been trying to narrow down what is doing it. here are the things i tried changing.
#1) I was using a Kroger napkin using the plate method on a heating mat .
No luck seeds never germinated.........

#2) So i decided to use a unbleached coffee filter. After changing this i did start getting a tap root, but the seeds dried out over night.
4 more dead seeds ughhhhh. I did notice it still took forever for the seeds to start showing a tap root.

#3) I read off other posts to try soaking the seeds till they sink ( took about 6 hours), then place in damp unbleached coffee filter, in a ziplock bag on the seed mat. I seen a tap root in under 6 more hours. So far i seen the changes that I made seem to be positive results. Placed the seeds in rapid rooters. .Tap root turned brown and 4 more dead seeds UGH!!!!!!!!!! Im guessing that the rapid rooters being about six months old could be the problem . I have had them in a ziplock bag in my basement.

#4) Ok so i did number three again but instead of placing in a rapid rooter i placed the seeds with about a 1/4 inch tap root into a small containers with coco.I also cut the bottom of a water bottle for a humidity dome. I'm hoping that i get success this time, i am feeling beat up over this.

Try seeds in water till you see them crack, 24-36hrs

Then into damp paper towels.
I've done heating pad durring the day but find the towels can dry out over night, so usually move them at night

Like u did I drop into soil, but Coco is good too. Keep damp not soaked

Think yer last process is pretty good but next one leave it in water longer

Good luck

Try seeds in water till you see them crack, 24-36hrs

Then into damp paper towels.
I've done heating pad durring the day but find the towels can dry out over night, so usually move them at night

Like u did I drop into soil, but Coco is good too. Keep damp not soaked

Think yer last process is pretty good but next one leave it in water longer

Good luck

thanks for the tip Chris Scorpio, im hoping this works this time.

I find that the paper towel method works well if you put it into a freezer bag to seal it
then put it into the cupboard over your fridge if you have that
or somewhere warm and dark
once you have taproots showing, I put it into a solo cup about a 1/2 inch deep under a lamp
I've yet to get a dud
{knocks on wood}

Personally I soak for 24 hours and then into my damp soil about 3/8" deep (in yogurt cups to start and transplant to bigger pot once they growing good, and put the cups on top of my Modem for heat) and just lightly mist the soil with a sprayer once a day. Avoid the whole dry out and damage the roots on the paper towel or damage them while trying to plant a seed that has rooted. That's what works for me but others have success the other ways like folks said above, I end up with about 85-95% success that way so it would be stupid for me to change how I do it ;) find what works best for you and stick with it. For me they usually pop thru soil in 3-6 days.

I find that the paper towel method works well if you put it into a freezer bag to seal it
then put it into the cupboard over your fridge if you have that
or somewhere warm and dark
once you have taproots showing, I put it into a solo cup about a 1/2 inch deep under a lamp
I've yet to get a dud
{knocks on wood}
Im pretty much doing the same now but im on a seed mat in my grow tent thanks Stunned

Personally I soak for 24 hours and then into my damp soil about 3/8" deep (in yogurt cups to start and transplant to bigger pot once they growing good, and put the cups on top of my Modem for heat) and just lightly mist the soil with a sprayer once a day. Avoid the whole dry out and damage the roots on the paper towel or damage them while trying to plant a seed that has rooted. That's what works for me but others have success the other ways like folks said above, I end up with about 85-95% success that way so it would be stupid for me to change how I do it ;) find what works best for you and stick with it. For me they usually pop thru soil in 3-6 days.

Dwight Monk thanks or the tips, i planted mine into coco,hoping for good as results as you get. Last grow went smooth, this one has been a mother.

Back
Top Bottom