Veg under red spec?

I've done the more extreme version of this.

I wanted to grow a plant with tall genetics in a small space and so I immediately put it into 12/12 red as I had. I think the oversimplified point of view from the plant was that it had better hurry and bloom, because fall was already here. It went like a rocket and stretched more than I wanted, but didn't have time to get that big before blooming set in. The buds were a little sparse and loose, but I loved them. (disclaimer: I love all the pot I manage to cure!)

So is it ideal for top shelf, frosty, dense, smelly buds whose photos will make people on the internet drool? No.
But the next grow will always be better as you dial everything in and buy more equipment. :) That's the addiction of growing. And the smoking is nice too!

I believe you will find MH or metal halide bulbs are around 5000k or kelvin it is another measurement of light which one may boogle their mind over in the quest of growing good ganja.

Its a rainbow Man.

In fact you can get cfl or T5 or 8 tubes in 6500k range which work well & cheaper to run per hour wattage than the MH counter part.

Oh taking pic's under led always make ya plants look a funny colour :lot-o-toke:

Right now I am vegging 2 plants with a 400w MH @ 6500K. I have a 250w red spec 3000k board. How would they veg under the board compared to HID?
I do not know about HID but I veg and flower under a mix of 3 different HLG fixtures R-spec, 3000k and 3500k quantum boards with great results.

Here is a quote from HLG website " The HLG R-Spec is recommended for both flowering and full cycle gardens at this time"

Honestly i have vegged under red led and my plant was big leaves were larger than metal halide.Veg till harvest.

gold brother!!!!

Back
Top Bottom