Very new to growing! All advice is welcome as I need a lot

Welcome ZayWill! I grow in coco/perlite. There is an extreme amount of knowledgeable people on this site. There will be someone who can help you out no matter which grow medium you choose. If your not the type to sit around and wait for things to happen, then growing in coco may be for you. I water at least once a day and on my flowering girls sometimes twice a day. So don’t plan on making any plans unless you have an automatic watering system! Good luck and keep us posted:headbanger:

Will do, Sgt. I’ve gained more info in 12 hours on here than I have in a week by myself or listening to friends who “grow”.
Yeah, guaranteed your friends that 'grow' likely grow some pretty good ditchweed. :laugh::laugh:

Welcome ZayWill! I grow in coco/perlite. There is an extreme amount of knowledgeable people on this site. There will be someone who can help you out no matter which grow medium you choose. If your not the type to sit around and wait for things to happen, then growing in coco may be for you. I water at least once a day and on my flowering girls sometimes twice a day. So don’t plan on making any plans unless you have an automatic watering system! Good luck and keep us posted:headbanger:
I appreciate the info and the push towards coco. I’m pretty confident coco will be the medium I choose for my first grows.

I appreciate the info and the push towards coco. I’m pretty confident coco will be the medium I choose for my first grows.
My new baby loves the coco.

Attachments

• 20190521_083039_HDR.jpg
    20190521_083039_HDR.jpg
    807.6 KB · Views: 93
Yeah, guaranteed your friends that 'grow' likely grow some pretty good ditchweed. :laugh::laugh:
Man, it looks good but then the quality is just non existent. Haha I’m so used to Trainwrecks, HOG and Cheesecakes, so when my friend/weed man of 5 years moved away, I was devastated to say the least. Lol I knew I had to take matters into my own hands and grow.

Man, it looks good but then the quality is just non existent. Haha I’m so used to Trainwrecks, HOG and Cheesecakes, so when my friend/weed man of 5 years moved away, I was devastated to say the least. Lol I knew I had to take matters into my own hands and grow.
There's nothing better than growing up your own, I've always used coco and never had a problem with it

When you set up your ventilation remember that you should keep your rh under 65% if you are using a carbon filter. They clog up in higher humidity.
I only use the carbon during flower for this reason. I just unhook it from my extraction fan and remove it from the tent when I'm in veg. Typically the plants don't smell as strong and they need the high rh when they are young.
I still run the extraction fan for circulation 24/7.

PH pens are super important in coco. Make sure to get a decent one. Apera , HM, Oakton and even blue lab are good quality brands. I think Milwaukee has a more moderately priced pen that has some decent reviews. Replaceable probe are a plus. Blue lab pens don't have these, but their more expensive meters do.

Welcome to 420!

When you set up your ventilation remember that you should keep your rh under 65% if you are using a carbon filter. They clog up in higher humidity.
I only use the carbon during flower for this reason. I just unhook it from my extraction fan and remove it from the tent when I'm in veg. Typically the plants don't smell as strong and they need the high rh when they are young.
I still run the extraction fan for circulation 24/7.

PH pens are super important in coco. Make sure to get a decent one. Apera , HM, Oakton and even blue lab are good quality brands. I think Milwaukee has a more moderately priced pen that has some decent reviews. Replaceable probe are a plus. Blue lab pens don't have these, but their more expensive meters do.

Welcome to 420!
Wow, thank you so much for swooping in with the info.

So what I got was
- to run an extraction fan 24/7
- keep the rh below 65% when the carbon filter is in place
- the carbon filter isn’t necessarily needed during veg

How high should the rh be before adding the carbon filter for flower? I know you don’t want the humidity too high.

Any specific nutes your using at the moment?
I use canna a and b, canna flores and pk from canna I also use calmag, and bigbud from advanced nutrients

I use canna a and b, canna flores and pk from canna I also use calmag, and bigbud from advanced nutrients
Advanced Nutrients FTW. The only trusted brand of pro growers.

I think I’ve been leaning towards Canna A&B and a calmag. Would I want to introduce to calmag later during bloom and flower?
If you're using coco, follow the instructions of how much to use per L. The coco needs the calmag, so mix it in with your nutes. When you get your nutes, read the feed amount per L, and cut that by 1/4.

Back
Top Bottom