Very new to growing! All advice is welcome as I need a lot

Okay, I might've been a little mixed up with my needs lol Lighting is probably one of the things I'm having the biggest trouble with. I understand how critical they are, I'm just unfamiliar with going about buying a quality light.

So would you recommend the HLG or Mars brand? I've found both in decent price ranges, now I've just gotta decide which I can benefit from more.

Okay, I might've been a little mixed up with my needs lol Lighting is probably one of the things I'm having the biggest trouble with. I understand how critical they are, I'm just unfamiliar with going about buying a quality light.

So would you recommend the HLG or Mars brand? I've found both in decent price ranges, now I've just gotta decide which I can benefit from more.
Eenie meenie mynie? , mo.

One major difference is that you can upgrade the led boards on the hlg fixtures as well as the drivers as new tech becomes available.

Both brands of fixtures have a discount for 420 members as well.

Would the HLG 100 v2 be sufficient? I know the 120 was recommended but I couldn't find a 120. I watched a quick video and it said the 100 v2 could be used to veg up to 3x3 and flower a 2x2, essentially what I'm working with.

haha,
I want to but I'm hesitant lol Would it just be a better place to compile my findings? Because at the moment I'm just collecting the necessary materials. Only thing I've acquired at the moment is the tent. I guess after my light, my next step would be soil and nutes?
Yeah, instead of ya stickin around in the intro threads.

Welcome, Zay! Don't fret too much over which light to get. I'll bet whichever one you get will only be your first light, but not the last!

I feel as though I’ve got a bit more time and patience’s on my hands to set it and forget it. I guess I’m really looking for the best processes that work for me.

I’m not sure yet if I’m looking to recirculate nutes throughout the growth or if I just leave it the nutes to do its own job. Some seeds I have on hand right now are Gorilla Glue Autoflower and I’m looking for the best nutrition set ups for that bud.
I like to grow in a nice
Light airy medium like
Pro mix hp and ill
Add some sea soil but it isn’t necessary. I
Like it because I check on my plants a few times a day and water only when they need an they never get too wet. I just watch for a little droop or pick up the containers.

For nutes Buy “the kit” from docbudshighbrix . No pH meter needed. Just filtered water, promix and worm castings. Best I’ve ever tried. With no pHing no flushing. You save lots a of time and effort.
For light hlg, rapid or a strip build(slightly, cheaper double the work).
Have to have ventilation. Fan or whatever you choose. Thermometer, hygrometer(both a must and both cheap).
You need light, water, temp, and humidity all in check. Other than the light these items will be useable in this tent or a bigger room. Hope that helps.
I have all 3 lights listed.

Back
Top Bottom