Very new to growing! All advice is welcome as I need a lot

ZayWill10

I’m looking to start set up of my own as I just got my grow card! I’m super excited and I’m ready to tackle growing head on.

To put a couple things into perspective;

- I have limited space. Maybe for 3-5 plants.
- I have a limited budget. I’m not looking to really break the bank just yet on a set up. Lol
- I’ve attached a pic of the one tent I currently have. It’s a 24x24x48.
- I’m currently considering a closet grow setup, but my closet is much bigger than the tent, just taller. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 156
@ZayWill10 , welcome to :420:, nice little tent ya got there, if you think you could squeeze a few plants in there, go nuts. Look on Amazon for led grow lights, if you're on a ltd budget. A duct fan to pull air out, keep vents at the bottom open to pull air in.

I’ve been told that eventually I wouldn’t even be able to fit one plant in a space that size due to the width of a full blooming plant. But it looks like it could fit at least one decent sized pot. As for lights I’ve just been looking into a 600w bloom and veg spectrum LED. I hope I’m heading in the right direction with this... lol

You might be able to do 2 plants, check out @SmokeSara shes a rep for Mars Hydro and can help find you a good Led.

Hi Zay, welcome to :420:, the area 24x24'' space, one of our ECO 300 can do its job, and it's pretty cheap as well,around 80USD. Check out here.

Hi Zay, I think the ventination system is needed, but I am not the professional on this side, so maybe other growers will help you more at this point. :)

Yep. A 4" inline duct fan, grab a controller for it and set it low.

Awesome. That’s the set up I was aiming for. So I’ll run an exhaust fan AND the inline booster fan for more power?

Also, since I’m starting from seed for my first grow, I’m looking to gain some knowledge on soil maintenance. Is there a specific soil or nutes I should be aiming for? Or when do I begin to even apply to nutes to my plants?

Awesome. That’s the set up I was aiming for. So I’ll run an exhaust fan AND the inline booster fan for more power?

Also, since I’m starting from seed for my first grow, I’m looking to gain some knowledge on soil maintenance. Is there a specific soil or nutes I should be aiming for? Or when do I begin to even apply to nutes to my plants?
Consider this. As for grow medium, up to you. If you wanna set it and forget it, a soil with nutes already in it you could try, but wouldn't recommend it. Could do a coco grow, get some good legit canna nutes and some calmag, directions for when to and how much to use per L of h2o, will be on the jugs.

I feel as though I’ve got a bit more time and patience’s on my hands to set it and forget it. I guess I’m really looking for the best processes that work for me.

I’m not sure yet if I’m looking to recirculate nutes throughout the growth or if I just leave it the nutes to do its own job. Some seeds I have on hand right now are Gorilla Glue Autoflower and I’m looking for the best nutrition set ups for that bud.

I feel as though I’ve got a bit more time and patience’s on my hands to set it and forget it. I guess I’m really looking for the best processes that work for me.

I’m not sure yet if I’m looking to recirculate nutes throughout the growth or if I just leave it the nutes to do its own job. Some seeds I have on hand right now are Gorilla Glue Autoflower and I’m looking for the best nutrition set ups for that bud.
Well, if this is your first time growing, hydroponics isn't for the faint of heart. I would recommend coco , with which you will need calmag on-top of the canna nutes.

lots of info and help on this board for coco and hempy. either method is good for first time growers, and is a bit cheaper to get involved with.

lots of help here no matter how you ultimately decide to grow. enjoy the process.

Okay great, so Calmag and canna nutes. I know that calmag is calcium and magnesium, but what specifically are canna nutes if you don’t mind me asking. Is “Biocanna” related to canna nutes? I’m sure I’ve heard or read that somewhere before.
Cannabis nutrients. Google biocanna, if it's nutes for cannabis, then you're set.
Also, get yourself a grow journal started , so we can all keep an eye

Back
Top Bottom