Virgin Grower, Pink 2.0 & Sour Diesel Clones, Indoor, Soil

Miasma

I am a self-educated grower with too much extra time.

What strain is it? Pink 2.0 (x3 plants), Sour Diesel (x3 plants)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Pink 2.0: 60%/40% Indica Dominant; Sour Diesel: 75%/25% Sativa Dominant
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Vegetative Growth Stage at 24/0 Photoperiod
If in Veg... For how long? I transplanted the rooted clones at 10:30am on January 16; I am 20 days into additional vegetative growth with preflowers formed on all plants. All of the clones are currently 10-14" tall, and were 6-8" tall upon purchase.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Ecoscraps Natural and Organic Potting Mix
If soil... what is in your mix? Soil, Perlite, Composted Food Scraps
If soil... What size pot? 1/2 Gallon
Size of light? 400W Rated HPS running at 250W per interchangeable ballast
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 79-85 F; Supplemental CO2 to stimulate vegetative growth in warmer temperatures
RH of Room/cab? 35-45% RH
PH of media or res? 7.0
Any Pests? No current pests
How often are you watering? 2-3 days in between watering for first two doses following the transplant's initial watering, 3-5 days in between every dose after; I am watering with 6.5-7.0 pH adjusted tap water.
Type and strength of ferts used? Organic Transplant Aid (1x half dose per transplant): 2-14-0; Organic Nutrient Supplemental Aid, standard strength dose (1x full dose per 3-4 weeks): 5-2-3; Organic Vermiblood (1x full dose per 3-4 weeks): 12-0-0

My negatively charged grow room has 3x passive, ducted and filtered air intakes, an outtake vent with carbon filtered fan on the light's ducting for simultaneous venting of the room and its lamp's heat. I use one oscillating desk fan that sits on a shelf with an air intake duct nearby to blow fresh air around the hottest part of the room and alleviate the lack of circulation for the rising heat. I also use one UV air purifying fan that blows purified air at its slowest speed through the plants to stimulate strengthening of the plants' stems. I also use CO2 augmentation with a 50lb compressed air canister and electronic regulating system to keep the room's CO2 level at 1550ppm. The end of the CO2 hose is nestled into the UV air purifier, pumping co2 into the air-stream that is aimed through the plants.

The plants are organized in different colored containers and named: Artemis, Balin, Cronos, Dumbledore, Eloin, and Fred. A, B, and C are the Pink 2.0 indica dominant plants; they reside in the black containers. D, E, and F are the Sour Diesel sativa dominant plants, which reside in green containers. I use an In/Out Environmental digital Thermometer/Hygrometer with the "Out" line draped over the light until it reaches the plants' height; by keeping the main body of the Thermometer/Hygrometer at ground level I am able to discern the temperatures between the tops and bottoms of the plants from the same device under the labels of In/Out. There is also an analog thermometer stuck into the soil of Balin's pot in case the digital environmental monitor dies.

Out of the A/B/C indicas, B has been FIM'd and C has been topped in standard fashion. Artemis will be the non-topped control plant for the Pink 2.0 plants.

Out of the D/E/F sativas, E has been FIM'd and C has been topped in standard fashion. Dumbledore will be the non-topped control plant for the Sour Diesel plants.

Each plant has currently been pruned to stimulate canopy growth.

This is my grow room setup, I will post additional close-ups of each plant throughout this thread.

:volcano-smiley:

121086.jpg

Plant F: Fred; Sour Diesel

Extended Vegetative Growth Day 20

Fred is a man in a woman's body; her/his top fan leaf are showing a beautiful color. This was my first topping experience with a plant; I am pretty certain that I cut too low from the terminal bud and an additional fan leaf went with the topping. Regardless of this mistake, I am still certain that the plant will still yield a successful multi-cola in the end.

Virgin Grower - Pink 2.0 and Sour Diesel Clones Indoor Soil

Propagation/Vegetative Cabinets

My next upgrade will add three decently sized cabinets to my outer growspace; the plan so far is to germinate seedlings in one chamber and vegetate in the larger two cabinets, allowing me to bloom plants in the larger grow room while allotting space for seedlings to germinate and vegetate. Hopefully, this will result in a perpetual cycle of harvest that saves plant real-estate within a containable, carbon-filtered space while allowing me to grow plants that haven't released their scent in the room outside.

Propagation Chamber: 15"x18"x21"
Vegetative Cabinets: 15"x18"48" (x2)

I will use a mylar reflection system for the vegetative cabinets and will also be using up the rest of my tarp for the propagation chamber. Given that I began with a few small clones that are now in preflower, I will continue to vegetate these plants in the larger grow room until my cabinets arrive and are fully built to accommodate larger, vegetating plants that I would like to maximize vertical height with more easily in a controlled environment. At this point, I will move two clones from each strain to their own cabinet space in order to train into clone mothers; the two remaining plants in the larger grow room will then be flowered, at which points my seeds will have arrived for me to begin germination in the propagation chamber. This should control my harvest output and allow me to stagger harvests and clone at my discretion.

Each cabinet will be negatively charged and ducted with a wall-mounted outtake bathroom ceiling fan; these ducts fed into holes from each tarp out of the open backs of the cabinets, near the tops of their chambers for optimal heat expulsion and the tarp ports around the ducts will be sealed with duct tape accordingly; PC fans with USB mounts will provide intake and circulation to each cabinet.

Above the plants in each cabinet will be a Ledgle Led Grow Light 300W Full Spectrum UV IR Plant Grow Lamp. In the Vegetative Cabinets, there will also be two 12 inch 450 lumen standard LED's placed vertically on either side of the planting area, optimizing light spread for the space and adding to the full spectrum UV for each cabinet area.

With the aid of these cabinets, I should be able to germinate multiple seeds in 6 inch pots; after germination in the Propagation Chamber, these plants will outgrow their pots and be re-potted to 1/2 gallon pots, which will reside on the larger Vegetative Cabinets. These plants will grow there throughout their vegetative phase, and upon reaching optimal growth to the extent of the cabinet space, each plant will be re-potted as a transplant into 3-5 gallon pots within my current tent that will be re-designated as the Bloom Room.

Step 1: Propagation Chamber (Germination/Seedling)
Step 2: Vegetative Cabinets (Vegetative Phase)
Step 3: Take cuttings to Propagation Chamber if cloning, and/or move plant to the Bloom Room.
Step 4: Bloom Room (Flowering Phase)
Step 5: Harvest Bloom Room's goods upon proper yield, advance next pre-flowered plant from Vegetative Cabinets into Bloom Room, then move seedlings/clones that are large enough from Propagation Chamber to one of the Vegetative Cabinets.

As you can see, I have some work to be done with my cabinet system before I will be able to make this system operational; the orders for the equipment are in place and upon arrival, I will have this perpetual system up and running.

51235.jpg

Plant C: Cronos; Pink 2.0

Extended Vegetative Growth Day 20

Cronos is the furthest along of my indica dominant clones and matches the sativa dominant clones in size; Plant C has also had a standard topping, though this experience was a much smoother and more accurate cut compared to that of Plant F's. I understand that while indica dominant strains don't necessarily need to be topped due to their stubby height, the need to experiment was still there.

61066.jpg

Extended Vegetative Growth Day 21

Propagation Chamber Blueprint is complete, now I just need the pieces to ship so that I can put it together. Next blueprints will be for the Vegetative Cabinets, which arrive today.

I've ordered a small bundle of seeds that I aim to propagate in a staggered assembly line. One of each strain will be germinated and moved to the Vegetative Chambers before the next germination series occurs, which I may break up by a week or two.

Incoming Seeds:

-Afghan Kush (x3)
-Chemdawg (x3)
-Jack Herer (x3)
-?????????? (x2)

Plant A: Artemis; Pink 2.0

Artemis has not been topped and will act as my control for the indica dominant plants currently vegetating. I water the plants every 5 days; if I see that their soil has dried up too early, I will use a spray bottle to mist the plants four times apiece with organically corrected 7.0 pH balanced tap water. I spiral three sprays spread outward from the base of each plant followed by one spritz on the leaves. Generally, this lets them reach the next full watering day without any hassle.

Artemis will be one of the first plants to flower.

8755.jpg

Plant B: Balin; Pink 2.0

Balin is named for a dwarf, and rightfully is the current dwarf amongst my plants; he has been FIM'd and sits in preflower, ever-growing and waiting for the day he is flowered. Balin will be one of the plants kept in the Vegetative Cabinets when they are built this week; he will be pushed to flower next in line after the first two plants, Artemis and Dumbledore.

When the cabinets arrive, Artemis and Dumbledore will be re-potted into 3-5 gallon buckets in the bloom room. These buckets will be the final potting for each plant and will represent that they are in their last stages of development; each time two plants are put into the room together they are intended to clone, bloom, harvest, and then discard. This will allow the progression of plants to continually step into the shoes of the 3-5 gallon pots when they are sought to be bloomed/harvested; the process will establish a perpetual germination, vegetative and bloom environment where all rooms are separate from another.

re: Virgin Grower - Pink 2.0 & Sour Diesel Clones - Indoor - Soil

Extended Vegetative Growth Day 21/22

I encountered a very small insect on my hand after picking up my plants during pruning today; it was a dull orange and incredibly small, but moving very quickly. I killed the rogue insect, but I am pretty certain that it was a mite of some nature, so there must be more; I have seen 4-5 small yellow dots on 1-2 plant leaves which look identical to pictures of bite marks in many garden savers and grow bibles that are from mite attacks. I will begin taking preventative measures of my own with an online order of predatory insects; we will not be overrun, they will not take our land!

Bug Mercenaries:
-Indian Flower Mantis (x2)
-Chinese Praying Mantis (x2)
-Ladybugs (x50-100)

9541.jpg
20231.jpg
151019.jpg
121086.jpg

Extended Vegetative Growth Day 24

Much headway has been made since the grow began; I am currently waiting for new seeds to develop in the propagation chamber and they are due to arrive in the next 4 days from TSSC.

Picture 1: Propagation Chamber

The Propagation Chamber is complete with a 300W LED Full Spectrum Light and 5" soil pots that have been pre-bedded; this negatively charged environment consists of a passive, filtered intake on the bottom left of the Chamber with a PC Fan expelling hot air at the top interior right of the Chamber. There is also an analog thermometer and hygrometer at seed level; I will be ready to start the first batch of seeds immediately upon their arrival. I am using Ecoscraps Natural & Organic Potting Mix with Root Riot cubes in the center of each bed. My Clonex bottle arrived today, too; when the primary plants in the Bloom Room get a bit taller and sturdier over the next week or two, I will begin taking clones from those plants to store in the Propagation Chamber with the seedlings.

There is an Indian Praying Mantis for this Chamber in a temporary habitat, waiting for seeds to be planted before she is released to wander and protect the area.

Picture 2: Indica Vegetative Cabinet

The Indica Vegetative Cabinet is essentially a taller version of the Propagation Chamber; it is a negatively charged environment with a passive, filtered cool air intake in the bottom left, a hanging 300W Full Spectrum LED, and a PC Fan expelling hot air to create the negative charge. This will allow 2-3 beginning mother plants or successful clones in 1/2 gallon pots within the Cabinet as a storage space until the Bloom Room has another vacancy. By dividing the stages of growth into their own personal areas, I can more easily control: the space that each strain type occupies, the time at which I decide to bloom my plants, the amount of vegetative growth each plant will undertake (height/width), dealing with pests or their offspring and the overall perpetuation of the cycle as a whole. The Indica Cabinet also has an analog thermometer and hygrometer.

The Indica Vegetative Cabinet also has a very small Chinese Praying Mantis, which will be helping with pest control; the next step after him will be nematodes as a preventative measure for pest larva.

Picture 3: Sativa Vegetative Cabinet

Another 300W negatively charged environment and almost identical to the Indica Vegetative Cabinet, the Sativa Vegetative Cabinet also stores 2-3 plants or successful clones that have achieved enough girth to leave the Propagation Chamber. There is also a Chinese Praying Mantis in this cabinet, complete with an analog thermometer and hygrometer.

Picture 4: Bloom Room

I am sure that you've noticed the changes made in the original grow-space; now that I have converted it into the Bloom Room, I have taken my choice plants and re-potted them into 5-gallon potting bags with trays for excess water. The extra cabinets outside of this grow space have saved me a ton of much needed work-space in this room; the extra space could be seen as potential overflow for other plants that I'd like to bloom sooner rather than later, plus I don't feel claustrophobic. Overall, I think blooming two plants at a time with 5-gallon bags will allow my roots the room to breathe and structure themselves into sturdier individuals.

There is also an Indian Praying Mantis for the Bloom Room; she is here because I saw spider a spider mite a few days ago and sought a way to combat this pest, plus others in the future.

Cabinet CO2

I will be supplementing the two Vegetative Cabinets with their own 5lb CO2 release systems; each will have an electric regulator and should help with heat if it ever becomes an issue in the cabinet space. Currently both cabinets have settled around 80 degrees Fahrenheit with 45%-55% humidity. I believe they will be comfortable in there for the time being; beyond this, nematodes are the next addition for each grow area that I anticipate requiring.

I want to make the Propagation Chamber and Vegetative Cabinet buckets larger; I am looking to go with 4-5 gallon bags in the Vegetative Cabinets so that I only do one transplant/re-pot for any plant that I grow in the future. I am going to use Solo cups for new clones in conjunction with Clonex and Root Riot cubes. I will be re-potting the Vegetative Cabinet clones next. Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Virgin Grower - Pink 2.0 & Sour Diesel Clones - Indoor - Soil

131057.jpg

I couldn't resist taking a few photos of the mantises; my first one is going to be named Willie the Groundskeeper, totally stole that name from someone else I'm sure but it makes me laugh. Each of these guys has a habitat that I seal their primary meals into and refrigerate; they eat twice for an hour or two in their own habitats, and then they are removed and placed back into their cabinet homes to wander as holy guardians.

111239.jpg

Extended Vegetative Growth Day 25

I've finalized the Indica Vegetative Cabinet; the only space within the outer room for this cabinet has the poorest circulation, so the cabinet is warmer than normal even with a passive intake, a heat exhaust and an external oscillating tower fan near the back of the cabinet. With these conditions alone, it begins to get a little stuffy and very hot in this particular cabinet; to deal with the overall effect of the heat, I am supplementing CO2. This allows them to withstand much warmer temperatures than they would normally be inclined to be in; it also will boost their vegetative growth period's effectiveness during their time in the cabinet. So far, only the bloom room and this cabinet have CO2; I believe if I purchase anymore equipment in the near future that it will be another CGA320 CO2 and Titan Control Regulator System.

I also am currently looking for pest prevention options and will be ordering nematodes and a small amount of ladybugs to battle my insect paranoia.

Desk Fan

Inside the cabinet is a compact desk fan without oscillation, aimed through both plants' leaves for a short duration every day to provide movement that strengthens the stems as well as circulates the air within the cabinet. It is angled away from the exhaust port for now; I am playing pool with the direction of airflow, hopefully pushing the cool air from the lower part of the cabinet through the plants and around the whole cabinet. After a few hours, I point the fans almost 90 degrees upward towards the cabinet door's wall, to help push as much heat upward as possible while circulating the room and allowing the plants to breathe their CO2 in a more stagnant state. I have confined the reach of the fan to only the corner upon opening the cabinet door.

CO2

On the roof of the cabinet I've placed a 5lb CO2 tank with CGA320 output to a Titan Controls CO2 Regulator; the regulator is set to 1-2 on the gauge for minimal release, given that the cabinet is such a small space and also that the canister is small. From the regulator, the hose is bundled underneath the fan's through-port and taped along the rear corner until deemed appropriate to break away with slack; I have nestled the end of the hose pointed downward at the base of the cabinet's rear wall, aimed between the two plants to provide optimal spread and allow them time to consume the gas. I also have a Titan Controls Atlas 7 CO2 Controller to keep the CO2 ppm at 1550 within the enclosed area.

Feel free to leave any suggestions.

Virgin Grower - Pink 2.0 & Sour Diesel Clones - Indoor - Soil

Extended Vegetative Growth Day 26

I didn't get scared off by the customs letter, but it is annoying; so many people have spoken about getting the letter that it doesn't seem that important. There's not much for them to do anyway considering that they destroyed my seeds; fuck the man, I am the most stubborn person on earth.

I ended up using Seeds Here Now up in Oregon for my replacements.

Incoming Seeds:
-11x Blueberry: SHN/DJ Short

Potential Seed Purchases:

-6x Feminized Blueberry Hashplant: CSB/Bodhi
-5x Feminized Super Silver Hashplant: CSB/Bodhi

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

151019.jpg

First Seed Attempt: Day 1

I decided to be a little less picky with my first seeds planted since I have a set of Blueberry coming in. Today I went over to Buds and Roses in Studio City for some of their seed selection. I am going with Kushberry (OG Kush x Oregon Blueberry) and Purgatory (Hell's OG x Querkle) for my first strains popped as seeds. This part of the process has proved very exciting so far, and I would love for everything to continue in this manner; I believe that I have a manageable environment for timed blooming that is perpetual, and my only next step would be to create a drying cabinet or tent. It's been a very satisfying day.

These plants have been given a 14-14-0 combination of Organic Bone Meal and Organic Vermiblood; after applying nutrients but before primary watering, the soil is misted with a 7.0 pH Epsom Salt/Water Solution until damp. Once this is done, the soil is mixed around and an Organic Root Riot cube (compare to Rock Wool); a cannabis seed is placed 1/2 inch into this cube and the cube is then buried with its top showing. After this, another thin layer of Organic Ecoscraps Potting Mix is laid over top and pressed firmly, but gently downward; finally, a hole is carved into the dirt down to the roof of the Root Riot cube, exposing it as the top layer to the light above. This spot is given 1/8 cup of 7.0 pH water, and then another 1/8 cup of 7.0 pH water is dispersed in a circle 3 inches from the base of the center-point of germination.

Hopefully we get to see some action.

First Seed Attempt: Day 2 & Extended Vegetative Growth Day 28

Both Purgatory seeds have popped above the surface. Both Kushberry seeds are open and one has popped, but he is stuck in the Root Riot cube so he will have to help himself stick out a little more before I see him; the other Kushberry seed will emerge by tomorrow, I believe.

I am incredibly excited. My Blueberry seeds just shipped today, so I potentially will see them in the next 2-4 days given the distance of my delivery; I have four Kushberry seeds left and three Purgatory, so with the additional 12 Blueberry I may have some very interesting combinations if I decide to keep a male from the non-feminized Purgatory strain for pollen.

Back
Top Bottom