Virgin Grower, Pink 2.0 & Sour Diesel Clones, Indoor, Soil

17291.jpg

First Seed Attempt: Day 3

Everybody's awake! Each of the seedlings has been sprayed with a neem oil solution, followed by a hydrogen peroxide foliage spray. I am astonished by how fast they grew, especially considering that they were planted directly into their growing medium without pre-germination.

So I saw this photo. And it drew me in here. Now I don't see it. What the hell?

Dirt Man Dan

19251.jpg

Blueberry: Day 1

I got my Blueberry seeds in the mail today from Seeds Here Now; they gave me a few extra, I am pretty stoked! Four of these have been planted and added to the Propagation Harem. Overall, I eight of fourteen plants will be or are currently female, clones included; six seeds/seedlings have a potential to roll life as a male. If a Blueberry ends up being male, I'll segregate it to collect pollen for later. If a Purgatory seedling ends up being male, I may toss it and re-plant another seed in its stead.

I did a run of the crop King Blueberry. Not to long ago. Hopefully you get a crazy purple pheno like I did.

Dirt Man Dan

The Bloom Room bulb blew; I am pretty certain that I swapped it within 20 minutes of the occurrence. The two Sour Diesel and Pink 2.0 clones in there are close to when I want them to flower but I don't want to start yet, so I had been keeping it running 24/0. The bulb is swapped and back on.

I decided to move my seed grow to a new thread to avoid confusion:

First Planting - Blueberry, Purgatory, Kushberry - Indoor Organic Soil - LED & HPS

Beyond that, all of the clones have been pruned accordingly and a ScroG has been set in place within the Bloom Room. I was worried about a nitrogen overdose with my sativas, but managed to fix that by watering. After that, I experienced a phosphorous deficiency in all of the clones; this was marked by purple stems. I believe the soil pH had something to do with it, so I decided to use 6.0-6.5 pH water to dilute the 7.0 pH measurement it was at. I believe I've saved the plants, as the Vegetative Cabinets' inhabitants were the worst off and now are recovering their color. I've pruned a few yellow or near dead leaves from the phosphorous choke-hold's effects; I also decided to top all of the plants. Clone F: Fred is showing signs of two primary cola formations. I believe this plant will yield well.

My next decision will be when to flower the clones, but I'd like a little more vegetative growth before this occurs.

20231.jpg
211025.jpg

Extended Vegetative Growth Day 36

As you can see, I've moved all of the clones that are next in line to their own Vegetative Cabinet; I felt that it was a waste of space to only have two per cabinet, given that I have started 11 seeds/seedlings and will need space for them to grow. You can find the link to that grow in the previous post for more details.

I love the true High Pressure Sodium light bulb replacements I purchased, I wasn't sure when I would get to use them but this historic rainstorm in Los Angeles blew a bulb or flipped the power for a bit. I have the old bulb still, and I will try to swap it in between 12/12 flips, but I wanted to make sure the problem was solved with a better guarantee than a bulb that already turned off. I might invest in a battery back-up or two, or three....

I am pretty stoked on the clone grouping in the Vegetative Cabinet, though; they get to share CO2 augmentation now, when their last cabinet didn't have the same environment because I don't have a third CO2 kit. I am looking to put two at a time into the Bloom Room, adding another two clones to the Bloom Room's cycle halfway through the first two clones' Bloom period. I will be making a tarped compartment above the Bloom Room ScroG area with a zippered door; this will have a string in it to chop and hang buds for curing. By doing this I can harvest and move plants within the same space, making the process slightly more efficient and using the filtered, negatively charged environment to keep the buds' trimming clean and more efficient.

As far as blooming, I will flip the current Bloom Room inhabitants this coming week; I am excited to see this process begin. Beyond that, all of the pots and Cabinet surfaces have been cleaned again with a 1:1 Hydrogen Peroxide/Water solution. It is nice to have a clean working space.

First Bloom: Day 1

The two clones of Pink 2.0 and Sour Diesel in the Bloom Room are beginning their first 12 hours of darkness for blooming, starting at 7:30pm PST. I have removed the ScroG, as it would be difficult to add clones a quarter of the way through the cycle later; I have decided on SoG, given that I will be adding plants to the room over the duration of the Bloom period of the first clones. By doing this, I hope to stagger the growth periods of all six clones and begin a growth cycle that my seedlings or additional clones can step into later down the road.

I am excited to begin.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Extended Vegetative Growth: Day 41 - Training Day

I decided to begin training the remaining four clones today; I am blooming the first two without training, only topping.

First Bloom: 17 hours into Day 3

Both of the plants are looking a lot greener than before I began the 12/12 process. I haven't seen any growth spurts yet, but their color is fantastic. I am anxious to see some beginning flowers.

24205.jpg

Vegetative Clone Cabinet: Training Begins - Extended Vegetative Growth Day 42

I'm going to try and corkscrew these clones in their bloom phase, so I figured yesterday and today were great days to get started with their initial vegetative shape before their size increases . Day 2 of training has been pretty awesome so far; all of the clones' leaves have gone from facing the top of the bent plant to the light again, but in the horizontal position. I anticipate that they will bush out more before they get taller; I will practice this corkscrew technique over the full vegetative cycle of a full plant from seed, but I have been treating my clones as my practice round.

First Bloom: Day 3.3

My two blooming clones are looking resilient and very green; I really want to see some budding action soon, even if it is slight. Tomorrow, they will be watered during their light cycle. I've tried to match the sun with 7:30am-7:30pm lights on, to lower my chances of shedding light on them in their room (in case there's a light leak i'm unaware of). I have tested the room for light leak with a lamp on in the outer room, but nothing showed up when I zipped the door up; hopefully nothing has changed since then that I am unaware of.

25200.jpg

First Bloom: Day 3.75

I decided to mix my grows together a little today; I will be throwing the Purgatory #2 Seedling from my planted grow into the 12/12 cycle instead of one of my clones, to see how it develops in its 5" pot. I am curious to see how quickly it develops and decides to show its sex; at this point, if it identifies as a male, I will separate him into his own environment with an LED in order to yield pollen to freeze for breeding. If it identifies as a female, I'll allow her to follow through until blooming finishes.

I've moved the oscillating fan below to the root level for additional circulation and have removed the UV Air Purifier. Besides this, I've moved my light closer, allowing the space between it and the plants to become warmer; the CO2 will help out greatly with overcoming the heat, so I can let the plants get the most light possible.

26189.jpg

The Clone Zone

I have begun re-cloning cuttings from both of my vegetating Sour Diesel clones. I decided not to use blocks or any other false medium besides my organic potting mix; I anticipate that it will be somewhat different from using rock wool or something comparable in support. To provide the medium for these clones in their shiny, new Solo Cups, I decided to gut the larger 5" pots of my three Kushberry/Purgatory seedlings that began my planted grow (other thread). There was more than enough for both a seedling to have a Solo Cup to itself and spare a cup for a clone. This eliminated space in my Propagation Chamber, and personally I enjoy the uniform look, plus the useful ability of cutting away the bottom of the cup when I transplant next.

The Propagation Chamber's inhabitants have all been re-planted; my goal over the next few days is to transplant the rest of the Blueberry seedlings to Red Solo Cups in the larger cabinet. I was impatient regarding the seeds' initial homes, and decided to use my household cups instead of waiting to go to a store (like I should have done to begin with). Lesson learned.

27187.jpg

Sour Diesel Secondary Cola

35168.jpg

Pink 2.0 Primary Cola

First Bloom: Day 10

Both Sour Diesel and Pink 2.0 have shown flower and begin their budding process; yesterday these were not noticeable and upon checking them at the end of the day today, I noticed an abundance of pistils at the cola sites, sticking up toward the light. I am pretty ecstatic at their progress, and also at their quality so far; I already see quite a bit of trichomes gathering on the hairs.

Soon, they will be stank.

The Clone Zone

I totally failed with my first attempt of cloning, so the Clone Zone is currently the Bone Zone. I'll try again in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom