Brix Aware 2.0 - High Brix - AK47 - 1200 Watts - Indoor Sealed

Oh, just read your flipping in 176 hours, try cheap 600 watt MH, home depot $15 or so, no need for high cost light now.

Cheers

Little early for HPS, try Eye day light blue 1K MH. Best veg light on planet if you have a ballast. HPS at this stage will elongate internode spacing which is not desirable. Colors will not return to damaged leaf but garden looks good.

Cheers

Yea it wouldn't hurt to go grab a bulb.

Almost forgot this one...

20160229_192510.jpg

Day-7 11/13
5ml GE + 1ml Tea + 1ml trans. +1Gal RO Each Pot.

Added a second cheap ass humidifier. Its been a struggle keeping RH at 50% Plus the darn thing had to be filled every day. The cause is the 8k AC runs pretty much all the time + ambient RH is 20-30.
At lights out I get a RH spike around 60-65.
Why oh why oh why do the environment control manufacturer not allow the controller to do both raise and lower RH as needed just like you can raise or lower temp as needed is beyond me...I DO NOT CARE HOW MUCH IT COST please build a controller that actually controls the damn environment! Its one more outlet ....how hard can it be? Why do i have to go buy and install yet another doodad Just to lower RH at lights out? A night time vent is not the answer either, with low ambient RH you will be way out of specs within a few hours.

Anyway, the plants look real good, even the 2 rebels in one pot are starting to look much better, they will never catch up, but have about the same mass as the singles, so i am going to call it a push.

One of the two 707's has very very dense vegetative growth, you can tell its going to be one of those single fat
indica buds that for me always is a high threat for mold, It has been pruned back once but it just fills the empty space as soon as you cut it back. This is also a reason I like AK's they make nice fat buds but the stretch enough to get plenty of air in the canopy.

Foreground far left cutting was hunched over today, the cubes were pretty dry so I gave the tray a shot of RO but it didn't comeback, the other 14 look real good and the tips are starting to yellow so I think they might be trying to grow roots, will ignore them till this time next week then take a peek and see what we get. I will have like 6 months to propagate these before the next run so I really only need a few to make it, but its always nice to have options.
20160306_205745.jpg

20160306_205815.jpg

20160306_205824.jpg
20160306_205829.jpg
20160306_205837.jpg
20160306_205844.jpg
20160306_205908.jpg
20160306_205914.jpg
20160306_205938.jpg

So I have a theory on cuttings.

We know that scar tissue are cells that can transform into what ever the plant needs at that spot. In the case of cuttings as soon as the cut realizes it needs to grow roots or it is going to die, the first thing it has to do is grow scar tissue. Then the scar tissue transforms into root buds and the cutting strikes roots from this tissue. This is why we are told to gently scrape the cutting before placing them in the root cube. Scraping promotes scar tissue.

Many tree propagation nursery will scrape the bark on a potential cutting site. Then while still attached to the mother they will pack this area with dirt or whatever and seal the cutting site until it strikes roots, then and only then the cut is liberated from the mother and planted.

If you have ever done a super crop I am sure you have seen the brownish bark like cells that develop around the break in the branch that later turns into a strong knot at the site.

With this in mind why cant we "damage" the potential cutting site while still attached to the mother, give it a few days or even a week to develop scar tissue and THEN take the cutting...In theory we would be jump starting the rooting program because the cutting would already have scar tissue right were it needs to grow roots. 50% of the rooting program will be done while still attached to Mom.

This wouldn't pay off in a large commercial environment because it would be way to labor intensive, but for us stoners using DBHBB we tend to not have much to do anyway.

:hookah:

Ok Boys and girls, looks like we have a late bloomer. I would like to obtain some opinions here.
My primary concern is genetics. This was originally going to be a seed run, but since I had such a horrible
germination rate, and at least at first what looked to be be all girls, the seed run was abandon for some clones, and i would either do the C.Silver treatment or just order some more seeds.
But it would seems mother nature has tossed a curve ball at me.

This plant has had problems literally from day one. It was born without baby leaves, it recovered but was pretty runted because of it. I do not know the cause. Could be genetics, could have been a hot spot in the soil, could have been some sort of critter that had a mid-night snack. Its still the worst looking plant in the group, color fade dead leaves, spotting...

The first shot is clearly females flowers. These showed up way late ( about a week ago) compared to the rest of the group and only on the main shoot (Plant is LST with 4 or 5 dominate side branches) about a node or two down from the top. (Ignore what looks like pollen all over it, its not. Its saw dust from the tub it got tossed in)

16674.jpg

Last nights inspection showed balls all over the side branches, the main shoot still appears to be un-decided other than the first shot.
22351.jpg

31874.jpg

41456.jpg

I pulled it out of the 10gal, and put it back in a 1 gal and isolated it. I am headed to Homedepot to get stuff to build a make shift pollen collection tub. (I need one anyway)

My question is:
Would you cull this boy, or go ahead and and let him breed the girls?
If I had more males to choose from this would be the last one picked to be on the kick ball team, but hell even a broken clock is right twice a day.
How much of a hermie threat do you think seeing both male and female flowers are.

From what I have seen hermies are a few male flowers on a female plant. Not a few female flowers on a male plant.

After some contemplation, I've decided that the proper advice would be to cull it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'd probably keep it around to watch it for awhile. It could very well be a stressed male showing some pistils, but there's too much risk involved in spending 5 months with it only to find out that the offspring are undesirable.

R2mnot, I might run it and get some seeds..thats me. :) - maybe its possible that hermie'd plant seeds are more likely to hermie..that would mean the sudden male appearance became a dominant genetic trait possible..I think this plants genes can be turned on and off and passed on..but I also think with proper environment (thank you Doc) certain beneficial traits are more likely to manifest; those that would increase its survival chances.
Of course GT has a valid point, too. :)

After some contemplation, I've decided that the proper advice would be to cull it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'd probably keep it around to watch it for awhile. It could very well be a stressed male showing some pistils, but there's too much risk involved in spending 5 months with it only to find out that the offspring are undesirable.

GT, so a male can be stressed to show pistils? :)

Well my gut tell me to cull it as well. It just has too many strikes against it. A pack of seeds is only a 100 bones. I have cuttings. And I would be just as happy, if not better off with a bunch of female CS seeds...just not worth the risk. Also saves me some working of building a sex box tonight.

Thanks for the Input guys...

GT, so a male can be stressed to show pistils? :)

I always assumed so, but ... :hmmmm: ... never really checked it out ...

Well my gut tell me to cull it as well. It just has too many strikes against it. A pack of seeds is only a 100 bones. I have cuttings. And I would be just as happy, if not better off with a bunch of female CS seeds...just not worth the risk. Also saves me some working of building a sex box tonight.

Thanks for the Input guys...

:thumb:

Maybe not as interesting, but less risky.

:Namaste:

Very nice set up R2,...

Thanks Duggan! Got off to a ruff start, but I am very happy with the way everything is filling out. My only method with LST is if a leader pops up, tie it down. I need to get in there and really open up the canopy and give them a final trim....Maybe that will be this weekends project.

:roorrip:

Thanks Duggan! Got off to a ruff start, but I am very happy with the way everything is filling out. My only method with LST is if a leader pops up, tie it down. I need to get in there and really open up the canopy and give them a final trim....Maybe that will be this weekends project.

:roorrip:
That's a great method R2, it's really the only way....to keep them all ( the tops) pretty even with each other when not topping them, Cheers eh! Even when you flip and a couple leaders want to run away, you can still train them just by a lil SC'ing them , just a lil pinch....just enough to slow them back down till the others can catch up....anyhow keep it up bud , lookin real nice so far!:high-five:
Training like this has a tendancy to create very bushy and THICK plants....:blunt:

Back
Top Bottom