Journal #2 - High Brix Kit - Silver Surfer Haze Clone - LED - MH - HPS

Re: Journal#2 - High Brix Kit - Silver Surfer Haze Clone - LED - MH - HPS

Thanks guys, I've been sitting in the room for a few hours just watching the light move :) good meds make anything entertaining :rollit:

With those movers, can you set the distance traveled to what ever you want or is it factory set?
Oh, and what does it weigh?

The mover is completely adjustable: you can set the distance, the rate of speed, and the delay at the ends to keep light evenly distributed. The mover, rail, and parts all came in an 8lb package. The kit is rated for up to a 50lb light and with the add on for 2nd light you can have another 50lb light. The next model up from mine supports up to 100lb light.

Hey street, I no longer vent through the light using this setup but I don't need to - environment is perfect just by venting normally. I suppose you could save money on lights by using a mover instead but my goal was to eliminate hot spots and provide even coverage more than anything so I'll be still running 2 lights on this once the rest of my parts arrive. Mover was about $180 and I forgot above that the add-on light kit was another $50.

The good, the bad, the ugly. If you noticed my earlier post on troubleshooting then you'll know one of the first steps was to determine is whether it's just impacting 1 or a few leaves vs. a large portion of plant. So I walked in to check on ladies this AM and noticed a single drooping and twisty set of fan leaves. That told me it was most likely a pest/invasive issue and sure enough when I inspected the undersides there were some aphids there. As most of you know, these girls started indoors, then went outdoors for veg and came back in for early flower so I brought the buggers in. I painstakingly went through and cleaned them off all of the leaves that I could and then did a thorough wash and rinse and wipe. A little SNS 209 was fed and will be fed again in a couple days.

DSC_0006a.JPG

After the washing off of the aphids and applying some SNS I returned about 20 minutes later to find another advantage of having a cooltube that's not vented. The buggers that didn't get caught in the wash all decided to make a mass exodus and committed suicide in the cooltube - much rather clean the glass than deal with these suckers.

yeah, tough to avoid outdoors - never had a problem before indoors. I've been starting veggies and stuff indoors for a long time and never saw the issue so I know it was a matter of bringing them in. I did do a leaf wash before taking in but apparently that's not good enough.

I'm sure there's more to deal with but generally 3 or so applications of the SNS does the trick - at least it did for the tomatoes outside

During my AK47 grow, towards the end, I noticed "crystals" forming on the leaves. After a few days, spider web everywhere. Turned out the crystals were holes from the spidermites.

yeah, haven't had mites this time but I had them outside before.

talk about love - just brushed all the leaves with a high quality unused paint brush :)

Setup looks outstanding. Can you pm me a link for your light mover?

Looking good budnoob2, loving your new room, loving your grow & hating your bugs.

I've been noticing your location "sofaking___, is that right next to "sofa king we Todd did"? lol.

Back
Top Bottom