Journal #2 - High Brix Kit - Silver Surfer Haze Clone - LED - MH - HPS

Re: Journal#2 - High Brix Kit - Silver Surfer Haze Clone - LED - MH - HPS

Food for thought - it's not a bad idea to have an HID or other lighting in your back pocket. Unlike LED, you can just replace the bulb on an HID when a bulb(s) goes bad.

The morning inspection only identified a couple aphid stragglers - not sure if they were dead or alive (not moving at all) but cleared away. I think that paint brush trick after the DE was just what the dr. ordered.

Found a few more aphids and eradicated them - will continue to monitor but so far so good. She doesn't seem too stressed from all the brushing and poking :)

The remaining parts for the light rail should be here by the end of the week so hopefully we'll have a complete setup by Sat.

Experiment time. I wanted to see the difference between leaf temps when light is moving vs. when standing still. Yesterday I stopped the light just above the SSH and took several readings from the leaves with a laser thermometer and determined that with an ambient temp of 81 the leaves registered at 76-79 range throughout the day. Today I turned mover back on and with ambient temp of 81 the leaves register at 69-71 so far. I'm bumping up the temp to 88 to see how the leaves register at higher ambient temps with the mover. I will update with leaf temp ranges after I've gathered several more samplings.

At an ambient temp of 88 and RH of 50 the top leaves under the mover are registering at 76-78 degrees and soil temp is registering at 75-76 degrees. Conclusion: Without the mover there is a differential of between 2 to 5 degrees between plant and ambient temp but with the mover there is a differential of 10 to 12 degrees meaning I can have much more light with much less stress to the ladies and a spike in ambient temps isn't as much of a concern.

Off to make some fabric pots now: anyone care to calculate what size pot a 24" base by 16" height fabric pot is?

New pot made, leaf temps checked some more and they stayed consistently within the ranges I posted earlier. Parts arrived and 2nd light was added to light mover, pics later. Also, did something I would never normally do - I transplanted the SSH into the 30gallon fabric pot going into week 5 of flower. She was root bound in her stupid plastic pot and I just have to see her in a proper environment now that she has a new room and all :)

Week 5:

DSC_001062.JPG

DSC_001166.JPG

DSC_001834.JPG

The fabric pot is exactly 31.31844 gallons.
New pot made, leaf temps checked some more and they stayed consistently within the ranges I posted earlier. Parts arrived and 2nd light was added to light mover, pics later. Also, did something I would never normally do - I transplanted the SSH into the 30gallon fabric pot going into week 5 of flower. She was root bound in her stupid plastic pot and I just have to see her in a proper environment now that she has a new room and all :)

Other rail is hung, another light on the way, and ready for more fun to begin. Off to make a couple more fabric pots. :peace:

What is your material for the pots? I'm so ready for this grow.:Namaste:

I just grabbed some thick black fabric from Wally World, but I'd rather go to a craft store and find a better quality next time. This stuff works OK but it's stretchy and harder to work with than say a Smart Pot that was purchased.

Back
Top Bottom