Vision Seeds SuperSkunk Auto.Indoor,in soil,under 4oo watt HPS

bonzamike

Okay. Hello again . Im starting my grow journal over, for my posts were deleted after an attack of 10,000 spambots . No worries . Im chill about it. Now! Please forgive me if this post doesn't have the same vigour as the first attempt . This time im going with Vision Seeds SuperSkunk Automatic . I have my breeders pack of 10 pods . Im doing a poor mans grow for the most obvious of reasons .

List of Ingredients

1m x 1m x 1m approx. sectioned off corner of room
400 watt HPS with magnetic ballast and large reflector with a Son-T-Agro globe
Household insulation for reflection
8 inch diameter basic black pots with 10 inch trays
40cm pedestal fan
Digital Timer
Digital Thermometers x 2
Aquarium PH test kit
Cheap complete fertilizer (powder) N:20 P:10 K:10 , with micro/macro nutrients for veg
Hydroponic flower fertilizer (liquid) N:0 P:13 K:13 & PsycoBud flower additive with hormones for bud
Quality potting soil (50%) conditioned with mature cow manure (20%) and vermiculite (30%) approx.
Propagation kit (heatpad/fluoro/dome)

DAY 1

10 pods sowed in propagation kit . Heatpad set to 90 f . Fluoro's set on 24 hour .

DAY 8

Eight out of ten pods up . Remaining 2 not viable . Im happy with 80% germination rate,although I usually get 90% .
All babies transplanted to 8 inch pots and put into system under HPS set to 24 hour. Kept very moist . Temp is 82f
approx with R/H at 48% . I intend on running these autos on a 20 hour light cycle for the first 8 weeks then I
switch to 12 hour until harvest . FYI - I post pics starting at 3 weeks of age for not much to see until then .

DAY 15

Most have 3rd set of leaves on way out . Fed with half strength veg formula . I have changed light cycle to 20 ON and 4 OFF . My water is 7.2 PH tested and is always supplied at room temperature . I have no idea what soil PH is . All going well so far . Temp and humidity fairly stable with a low of 58f during lights off . I have also been foliar feeding twice a day for last few days and will continue to do so for another week or so .

day 22 . photo taken . all going strong . some of course bigger and better than others . i think i can see 2 or 3 phenotypes . you may be able to see them in pics .they are now on double strength once a week in between straight waters . temps are averaging 82f but are rising to 88f when Im not there and space is closed off . lowest temp is in dark period and is 61f . humidity ranges from 35 to 45 . I dont know if this is good i think i would prefer a little more but all seems well. So far i am really impressed and growth seems hydro like.

day 29 .pic taken . nothing really to report . Everything same as before . i have 3 fans for heat dissapation but temps still as previously stated most ladies have there 6th set fully out and there is no sign of preflowers. one thing im not happy with is that the very tips of leaves is dead . ive seen this personally before and in many pro grow pics and i havent noticed any negative consequences in regard to yield or growth . Any comment based on real experience or scientific fact is welcome .My ideas are :
1.overwatering slightly
2.heat stress
3.ph out
4.slight nute burn

By the way pics from week 3 are posted in gallery under Vision Seeds SuperSkunk Automatic

day 43 pic taken .lots and lots of flowers forming . i have started on flower food only and also knocked hours down to18 to keep heat under control . i have been spraying with water 4 times a day while light is on to get humidity over 30% and temps to 77 for an hour os then they sit at 83 approx at canapy level the girls have out grown area and i am amazed with growth rate, size and overall vigour.i dont like them to be touching or shading each other seem to have little choice . this was a planned grow and quite frankly these babies have exceded all expectations . breeders pack says 30-70 cm and 30-60 grams a plant and i can only see them being better then the latter in both regards. i forgot to state that in my 1m x 1m x 1m grow space i planned on 3 rows of 3 thus giving each lady a lttle over 1 square ft of space with an expected yield of 1 oz per plant minimum . smell was also a major consideration as was time . so far , very good and as expected i am very happy .

day 50 . Pic taken . All ladies going well . I have risen light fixture another 6 inch to help with heat and Im not going to spray anymore .The largest lady is over 80 cm and smallest 40 cm approx. I started a 50 day countdown from week 5 or day 36 . Some may need an extra week to fully mature but either way im not
pulling until 60 to 80 % of trichs are cloudy . I have continued to trim leaves that shade bud sites every week since week 5 . This is the last trim . All pics taken before I trim in all photos .

Vision Seeds SuperSkunk Auto.Indoor,in soil,under 4oo watt HPS pics

Okay . Basic pics until flowers swelling . Pics start at day 22 with new pics added every 7 days . My next post of updates tomorrow . Thanks for your patience . Thanks King John .
day 22
SAM_00791.JPG

day 29
SAM_00804.JPG

day 36
SAM_00861.JPG

day 43
SAM_00883.JPG

day 57 pics taken .Okay so i sprayed one last time and used wrong water bottle . i used my double strength veg mix for my other ladies and the SuperSkunk Autos did not like . At first i thought i had overwatered but with a little research on this site i am sure i have over abundant nitrogen . All ladies started showing signs after day 54 but one has the dreaded claw . Im not flushing just watering with straight water for a week or until ladies show improvement and hold off on trimming. Live and learn .In my opinion i have had excellent growth so far so its a double edged sword . I post lots of pics this time . Also invested in 120cmx120cmx200cm grow tent to give girls a bit more room but now also a little less light . Fingers crossed . ASAP I buy inline fan for air extraction .
At moment tent is open for ventilation . Next week .TRIMMING .....

day 64 . Pic's taken .

All girls back on full strength flower formula. I kind of knew they would be alright just because of the leaves not totally curling and dyeing in a matter of hours or overnight. I check my girls as much as possible but I've learned the hard way not to touch. Today I have decided to go to 12/12 for the last 21 - 28 days for I now have a deadline of 13 weeks max total grow time due to moving out in 6 weeks. I have hooked up an inline fan that is ducted to a cooltube design reflector and have added a fan for movement and fresh air at a large, bottom, ventilation hole. I have all vents open, for, light pollution is almost nil with the doors zipped .Temp range is 84f to 60f with an average day temp of 79f. They are really sucking the water now and each plant is on 1litre approx. of liquid every 2 days. As usual pics taken before trim. This is the last trim too. I should also add that certain facts of this grow have changed. Grow size and type of area are now 120cm x 120cm x 200cm size and area is now a properly reflected, enclosed grow tent and an inline fan with ducting has been added to cool light. I'm still expecting approx. 240 grams but, fingers crossed the gods grant me mucho more !!!! LOL.....
NB- All girls now in full bloom and trichs are rapidly appearing. Aroma has been getting stronger this past week. I have begun sampling as to profile ripeness and effect, taste and smell, smoothness or lack of. This grow is about obtaining a formula to repeat and maybe improve on. I will do this every week until harvest. Don't worry its only a pinch, like an animal has had a chew... LOL... Four of the smallest ladies are more advanced in flower then the other 4, larger girls. Tallest is 85cm high and 50cm wide while smallest is 45cm high and 40cm wide.I also think with a little extra leaf removal and maybe some LST on the tallest one that they would be fine in my original planned 1m x 1m x 1m area.

day_64_8_.JPG

day_64_7_.JPG

day_64_6_.JPG

day_64_5_.JPG

day_64_4_.JPG

day_64_3_.JPG

day_64_2_.JPG

day_64_1_.JPG

SAM_0130.JPG

Back
Top Bottom