First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GiGaBaNE again.

I tried.....
how about I give it a try:)

Hi people, im back,

i had to move out of my old place due to the work needed doing, i spent time and money decorating only to be told the whole place needed a re-wire as fuses kept blowing and lights kept blowing, so had to move into my moms while i found somewhere else to live so couldnt grow much their just kept a few plants in veg but the rest i had to bin, couldnt take the risk at my moms,

but good news, 3 weeks ago i was given a new flat/apartment to live in so back online and back growing,

ill get a new journal posted as this has been put in closed journals due to me not been on here, cuz my mom has grandkids stopping at her house her internent provider blocks all sites like these and adult content so couldnt log on not that i got to use internet much,

but ive got my own place now and got set back up,
i kept a few plants in veg at my moms under cfl's in her loft but couldnt have plants in flower their so had to salvage what i could and bin the rest, but i got a new room up and running, my hps in their and i just flipped it to flower,

so at the minute i got the following growing and some are now in flower,
1, ken estes gdp, seedling stage
2, my fav strain of all time the stinky jack flash, 2nd week of veg
3, purple widow, in veg but now starting to flower
4, kc brains 45 auto,
5, a couple of reveg plants and clones, not sure on strain as everything got mixed up in the move,

i also just got my delivery from herbies and he gave me an extra 3 free fem seeds, so instead of 3 seeds free i got 6, cant fault herbies for his prices and looking after his customers.
but i got the following so i put what i got in flower so i can get some of these planted
1, purple cheese auto fem
2, cheese berry auto fem
3, original cheese fem
4, 2x kerala x skunk which im told is a strong strain with low 20's thc % (free seeds)
5, afghan kush fem (free seeds)
6 delicious critical sensi star fem (3 x bonus 3 seeds from herbies)

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Wow Don, It Seems So Weird, You Were Gone At The Same Times I Was Apparently:high-five:. I At Least Got To Keep The Same Roof Over My Head!!! And Not Have To Move. I Have A BIG Pickup Truck, To Bad You Just Did Not Live Around The Corner, And I Could Have Helped You Move(AS IF THAT IS RELEVANT SEEING THE DISTANCE BETWIXT US,LOL), But I Just Thought I Would Point It Out, Cause I Mean It. Have Missed Our Discourses SER!!! I Got A PM From GiG, And Need To Send Him A Reply ASAP(HEAR THAT GiG?!?), I Wrote One To You GiG, The Other Day, But Accidently Hit The Auto Restore Content At The Bottom Of The Quick Reply Screen, Next To The My Photos Button(REALLY PISSED ME OFF!!), So Gig, I Did Try, And Will Do So Again,PROMISE!!!

I Hope All Is Going As Well As Can Be Don And GiG, Vick, Spring,Albatross,Truth Seeker,rdooski3, Green Knight(HMMM, ANOTHER KNIGHT I SEE), I Thought I Was The Green, It Will Be Interesting Meeting You SER, KNIGHT TO KNIGHT. And I Mean That With GOOD Tidings!!! TAKE CARE ALL!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN:thumb:!!!

thanks james, my new journal is in my sig so everyone can catch up on that, got a lot going on, been working on my own fem seeds and not doing to bad, busy crossing autos at the minute so got a lot going on,

i spoke with GiGa a few times via pm as he was awol as well at the same time as me and looks like the same times as JTG, seems strange we all went awol at same time, but we are all back now and ive got my new journal up and running so anyone can follow my journey their if you like, ill do a big update tomorrow and show you whats going on,

i just planted the seeds from my auto cross with was,
ken estes gdp male cross with purple cheese auto, so that will give me 1/4 auto seeds and the rest regular so ill need to cross an auto male and female to hopefully give me an auto strain to work with, plus a none auto strain of the same cross to work with
so it will be gdp cheese auto and none auto,
the other cross i did with this auto was from my own fem pollen, it was ak47 x uk cherry cheese female pollen cross with the purple cheese auto,

so i got plenty going on, the auto was harvested and seeds collected, i let them dry and planted 4 of the seeds, all 4 sprouted within 3 days, so got the new plants growing,

ill put some updated pics up in my new journal as not done it in a few days,

good to see you still around thought james, all the best to you and you other half,

@Truth Seeker, wasnt aware of using the report post button for closing a journal, thanks for letting me know, ill use that in future when i close one journal and start another,

please remove this journal to finished journals,

thanks 420 magazine for letting me be a member of this site, hopefully after all ive learned i can start to help others with their grows and welcome new members just like i was welcomed open arms into this truely amazing site,

thanks 420 staff for all the hard work you do in keeping this site running and making it what it is, without it we would be stuck with the other grow sites which i find very poor with abusive members who are not willing to help or welcome anyone,

first off here is that auto, its been harvested twice so this is getting ready for the 3rd time, its got new growth and new bud sites
PICT2266.JPG

PICT2267.JPG

PICT2268.JPG

PICT2254.JPG

PICT2253.JPG

PICT2252.JPG

PICT2251.JPG

below is kiwi seeds regular, this was a pick and mix seed so can be any of the kiwi strains. regular seed and not fem
PICT2269.JPG

below is the hempies, not sure which is which but both are the same age, 1 is afgan skunk fem, the other is reserva privada sour kush
PICT2282.JPG

PICT2283.JPG

PICT2284.JPG

PICT2287.JPG

PICT2288.JPG

below is northern lights cross big bud fem, this is monster cropped so got some crazy growth going on
PICT2289.JPG

PICT2291.JPG

PICT2292.JPG

PICT2293.JPG

below is the 2 headed nl x bb fem, also monster cropped or cloned what ever its called
PICT2294.JPG

PICT2295.JPG

now this one below looks different to the 2 above so im thinking this is the kush, i had 3 clones and they was taken from the special kush and the nl x bb, so im thinking to 2 plants above are the nl x bb, but i think this one is the kush as the leaves are slightly bigger and looks different to the other 2
PICT2306.JPG

PICT2307.JPG

PICT2307.JPG

below is 1 x clone, not sure what it is, the other 3 are seedlings, the 2 seedlings on the left are the ak47 cross uk cherry cheese, the one in the top right hand corner is california haze skunk, the bottom right is a clone, im sure its nl x bb fem
PICT2339.JPG

now these few are jumbled up, not sure what happened,
PICT2359.JPG

this one below is the clones taken from the reserva privada 2ltr hempie, femenised so should be fem,
PICT2325.JPG

below is clones taken from the other 2ltr hempie, afgan skunk fem
PICT2319.JPG

below is the dodgy leaves off the monster cropped plants, as you can see, a new leaf has stated to grow out of the stem of the leaf, pretty crazy, this happened to a few leaves
PICT2319.JPG

PICT2313.JPG

below is family photo, top left is the kush, top right and middle plant are both monster cropped nl x bb fem, the other 2 plants are the 2 x 2ltr dwc hempies
PICT2311.JPG

the only thing different in the pic below is that the top right plant is the fruity chronic juice
PICT2310.JPG

PICT2309.JPG

not sure what happened i did take a load more pics, some are missing such as the fruity chronic juice pics, so ill need to take some more. but at lease you can see how far i have got and what i have got going on, feel free to make any comments or ask questions.

both my hempies have now got air stones in as i noticed the 1 with the air stone is was starting to grow quicker than the other, so i think the air is making a difference

How are you getting your roots that bulky n that long n so white please explain to me mine are not wire n slow growth n just not doing goo at all... Please give me a brief break down n mayb a feed ached by gals. N also materials used if you could.. I'm very impressed with you plants they look great!!!!!!!

Hi mate, this is my old journal, my new journal is above this one its the hps journal, its the latest 400watt hps grow link,

let me try and answer what i can, the link for how i build my 2ltr dwc is in my sig as well, i did have problems with the roots when i first started trying the 2ltr dwc type grows, but i soon found my problem was due to the res temp getting to high and due to the air stone not pumping enough air, so i scraped the stone to clean it using a knife and also took my air pump apart as the rubber flaps inside that open and close had gone dry and was not sealing properly so i just rubbed some vasaline on them and that got the air bubbling like crazy,

the main problem though was the res temps, i found that the light was shining on the res and slowly heating it up and this caused roots to get brown and have a layer of slime on them, so what i do now is make sure the res is in the shade, i also make sure the res is big enough, i only grow the dwc in 2ltr pop bottles but my res is like 2/3rds of the bottle as i only cut the part off that has the neck on it so i use the rest of the 2ltr pop bottle as the res, i cover the res in something to stop the light getting to the roots, it needs to be totally dark or you get algae growing and turns the water green and causes problems,

i cant really help with nutrients as i only used b.p.n, but im out of that now so will be trying other products from the sponsors but as long as you follow the feeding guides you should be ok, if the nutrients you use are not produced for these plants then they will be to hot and cause nute burn and lockouts so you need to start at very low doses with products not designed for these plants.

one produce ive bought for fruit and veg says use 22ml per gallon, but i need to use more like 3ml per gallon until the plants are bigger, ive not had problems using it at these doses but when i tried it at 10ml per gallon i get problems with my plants in soil so i use it at very weak doses and slowly up the dose over each feed,

not sure what size your res is but you need plenty of air, no light and make sure the res is in the shade so it dont heat up with the lights, then start the nutes at seedling stage schedule then slowly work up until your at the level the plants should be at, the feeding schedule i was using was designed for the product i was using at the time so now ive got to try something else ill have to see what schedule they suggest then see how it works for my plants,

in my signature below their is also a nutrient guide, it covers many nutrients and provides the feed schedule for each stage of growth.

so the only problem ive had with the dwc was high temps, this caused root rot i think but it made the roots go dark brown and felt like they had slime on them and the roots where starting to break up, so now i make sure the res is in the shade either by shading it with other pots or i place a piece of cardboard above the res so it keeps the light from getting on it,

ive not had any problems since, but with nutrients id start at a low dose then slowly work your way up, i dont think the nutrients will cause root problems but they may cause a nute lockour and then nute def, im more likely to think high temps and not enough air are the main reasons people have problems,

im sure their is some root pics in my new journal but not sure of the page, but id check the res temp, i didnt check my res temp and still dont but i knew my problems where due to the res getting high as it only happened when i moved the res so the only difference was the light shining on it so once i used card to stop the light it soon solved the problem.

im not a hydro grower or big dwc grower but i think if you got plenty of air then the roots will be healthy, keep the temps as cool as you can by having the res in the shade, i wouldnt use ice or anything like that inside the res as you dont want use touching the roots, some growers use ice packs on the outside of the res to keep temps down but ive not had to do that since i put my plants in the shade,

let us know what kind of problems your having and if possible post some pics, also let us know what nutrients your using and at what doses, but get as much air as you can and keep the temps down and you should be ok, the only other issue would possibly be ph, but again ive never checked mine, i have a ph tester and i tested my tap water once and tested my nutient mix once and it was in the right range for hydro so i use it on my soil plants without adjusting it and use it in my dwc, but now im using another product and i dont seem to be having any other problems,

but give us as much info as you can such as how bigs the res, how olds the plant, what medium is the plant held in, nutrients and how often and how much are you feeding, then we can see what we can do to help you get your plants back on track,

thanks for stopping and welcome to the site my friend, you sure came across the best site of its type

Re: first cfl grow using 30watt cfls

I mean I would get cfl bulbs for Bloom over floodlight :)

donpaul.p...Found the dude you spoke of, LOL seen the avatar and didn't remember posting that then seen the name. PEACE

What do your 2l hempy bottles sit in that their upside down? Very nice grow, beautiful plants. Thanks
Very interested in the hempy 2l.

cool, i thought you would come across his name if you looked around, some members will remember him but he was trying to skank the contests so he was banned a while back,

with the 2ltr dwc hempie the res is basically a full 2ltr pop bottle with just the neck and lid cut off, that gives me a res thats the same size all the way down to the floor, gives me more room for nutrients and water, the top part is exatcly what you said its the top of a pop bottle cut off and turned upside down, i poke a few holes and fill it with compost, it then acts like a net cup you use for hydro or dwc, its the same size as the res so sits in nicely, i fill it with compost about 3 inches and plant the seed, then i take the lid off and put it in a small cup, once i see roots growing out the holes or where the lid used to be then i fill the res and put it on top of the res and the roots then grow down into the nutrients and the plant then grows like crazy.

its just a very cheap way of doing a home made dwc, i use 2 x 2ltr pop bottles, one i cut the top off where the neck is so i have nearly a full bottle as the res, then the other bottle i cut the top off and use that as the part that the seed and plant grows in, it gives the plant something to root into so it supports it when it goes into the res, then the roots grow down into the res and it works just like a dwc from then on, most hydry and dwc growers use coco fibre or perlite or what ever growing medium they use, but i didnt have none so tried filling it with compost and gave it a go, it worked well as the compost supports the plant while the roots get bigger so i dont need to feed nutrients at all for the first week or 2, then when i see the roots poking out the bottom where the lid used to be i then put it in the res and i just feed by filling the res up, i do water a bit from the top every week or 2 just so the soil dont stay dry all the time,

but i find this method works well, ive been watching strain humters grow videos and they do side by side grows with soil and hydro, each time the hydro plant is huge compared with the soil grown plants so im tempted to do a big dwc set up using a cool box or 4 cool boxes with 1 plant in each, the hydro plants was huge compared to their soil grown plants but in the time given im pretty sure my soil plants get bigger than theirs so not sure why their soil plants where so small compared to their hydro plants but i know from my own grows that my dwc plants grow a bit quicker,

only problem is if i go with a big dwc set up and have any problems then im pretty screwed, ive not had any major problems with soil so really not sure what the best method is, i might give 1 big dwc a go just use one cool box and fit a couple of air stones in and see how that works out,

Thank you very much for explaining your set up. Very cool and the end result speaks for it's self.

Again , much thanks my friend.

PS , I don't believe he's banned and was here a few months back.., FYI

cool, i thought you would come across his name if you looked around, some members will remember him but he was trying to skank the contests so he was banned a while back,

with the 2ltr dwc hempie the res is basically a full 2ltr pop bottle with just the neck and lid cut off, that gives me a res thats the same size all the way down to the floor, gives me more room for nutrients and water, the top part is exatcly what you said its the top of a pop bottle cut off and turned upside down, i poke a few holes and fill it with compost, it then acts like a net cup you use for hydro or dwc, its the same size as the res so sits in nicely, i fill it with compost about 3 inches and plant the seed, then i take the lid off and put it in a small cup, once i see roots growing out the holes or where the lid used to be then i fill the res and put it on top of the res and the roots then grow down into the nutrients and the plant then grows like crazy.

its just a very cheap way of doing a home made dwc, i use 2 x 2ltr pop bottles, one i cut the top off where the neck is so i have nearly a full bottle as the res, then the other bottle i cut the top off and use that as the part that the seed and plant grows in, it gives the plant something to root into so it supports it when it goes into the res, then the roots grow down into the res and it works just like a dwc from then on, most hydry and dwc growers use coco fibre or perlite or what ever growing medium they use, but i didnt have none so tried filling it with compost and gave it a go, it worked well as the compost supports the plant while the roots get bigger so i dont need to feed nutrients at all for the first week or 2, then when i see the roots poking out the bottom where the lid used to be i then put it in the res and i just feed by filling the res up, i do water a bit from the top every week or 2 just so the soil dont stay dry all the time,

but i find this method works well, ive been watching strain humters grow videos and they do side by side grows with soil and hydro, each time the hydro plant is huge compared with the soil grown plants so im tempted to do a big dwc set up using a cool box or 4 cool boxes with 1 plant in each, the hydro plants was huge compared to their soil grown plants but in the time given im pretty sure my soil plants get bigger than theirs so not sure why their soil plants where so small compared to their hydro plants but i know from my own grows that my dwc plants grow a bit quicker,

only problem is if i go with a big dwc set up and have any problems then im pretty screwed, ive not had any major problems with soil so really not sure what the best method is, i might give 1 big dwc a go just use one cool box and fit a couple of air stones in and see how that works out,

he got banned for sure, ill try and check, grandpa mudpie i think he was and mr mudpie, could be wrong but im sure thats what his screen name was, he tried using a previous entry in one of the contests and one of our regular growers recognised the pic and he got banned,

where did you see him post a comment last, it was about 2 years ago i think when he tried winning the contests

Back
Top Bottom