First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

I am so sorry to hear about the flood DP, we have had loads of problems up here too. Sending warm and dry wishes to you and your girls, and your family of course :) :hug:

happy new year my friends, just uploading some pics,

wait until you see the size of my kc45 auto, its huge, then wait till you see the size of my 2ltr hempe, the main bud is bigger than my arm,

cant wait to share with you all, just walking the dog then ill update,

finally back in my flat so getting things sorted, got all plants back here now,

these plants look great, ive been starting seeds in paper towel method till i can deal with the gnats, cant get dunks anywhere, if anyone can send me some out then ill happily pay for them and shipping,

ill get caught up with your journals some time today, pics will follow shortly,

this auto was grown 12-12 from day 1, its over 3ft high and going to give me huge amounts of bud, then wait till you see the 2ltr dwc hempie, these buds are huge, it should of finished flowering by now, but it hasnt, the buds just keep on growing, not sure why but they keep sprouting new buds out of the main bud, their getting huge, was going to harvest it but ill wait and see what happens, if it keeps flowing like this it will be a monster harvest from a 2ltr hempie,

give me 30min the the pics will be up,

sorry not been on much been sorting my flat out so i can move back into it, lost everything, all electricals in kitchen, living room, bedrooms, kids lost all their xmas toys so doing my best to replace them lost laptops, 50 inch plasma, kids lcd tvs, ps3, xbox's, 3ds, all got soaked or had the ceiling fall on them, total loss, not sure how i can afford to replace most of it, the kids are most important and they lost pretty much all their clothes and toys and games, so replacing them as best i can, really could of done with the dozy cow upstairs leaving her bath running while she went out shopping, totally flooded the whole of my flat, is was like standing out in a heavy rain storm, then the ceilings fell down, got no carpets or nothing yet, so trying to get it sorted best i can,

pics will follow shortly my friends, cant wait to share my plants with you all

was like standing out in a heavy rain storm, then the ceilings fell down

Holy crap mate!
Had no idea it was that bad!
The ceilings fell down!!!!???
faaaaaaaaaaak..

I'm so sorry this happened to you don, especially at such an important time of the year for the kids..
Hopefully Insurance will cover your losses, because that is just bullshit!!
That chick upstairs should be footing the bill for everything!

wow.
I just can't believe how terrible that must have been.

Wishing you all the best mate.

Hats off for going through all that and keeping your kids and plants happy too!
Plus not getting discovered!

positive vibes coming your way..
and some reps.

thanks mate, we all woke up to the sound of the smoke alarms going off and no electric, water was everywhere, i had to go up to her flat and kick the door through to switch her taps off, she was out all day so i could of also been out and it would of been a whole lot worse, it flooded my flat and the flat below me, water was everywhere, so spend the last week and a bit throwing all my furniture and carpets away, had to take pictures and stuff like that for the insurance,

the place is barely livable at the moment, had to have electrics re-wired, slowly replacing stuff that i need asap, its just been a complete nightmare, it was literally like it was raining indoors, the only room that was not to badly damaged was my bedroom as it never made it that far, but all the other rooms where trashed, so the hall, kids bedroom, bathroom,toilet, living room and kitchen was all totally trashed, i need to get it all replastered as its all swelled up and cracked, the electrics where a mess, some rooms had power and others did not, so had to re-wire just to get lights in the rooms and power to run electric heaters to try and dry the place out a bit,

but im getting their now, just me here at the moment, my kids are stopping at my moms while i get the place sorted, it stinks really damp as well, so needs a lot of work doing to the place to get it back to how i had it before, im just hoping the insurance cover everything, worse part was she did not even come down when she got back, she didnt even have the decency to come down and appologise, i was half expected to get arrested for kicking her front door through, but it was all i could do to get the water to stop, it still kept coming through for about 36 hours but it finally stopped, so been ripping down the rest of the plaster boards on the ceiling and pulling plaster off the walls to get to electrics, all the light fittings where full of water, it was a total mess, it still is but im slowly getting it sorted,

thanks for your concern though, i would not of minded if we did not lose so much but we lost everything that wasnt in my bedroom, so all white goods in kitchen destroyed, all electrical stuff in living room is trashed, sofas trashed as well, so i got a hell of a lot to replace, just got to wait and see what the insurance say, hoping they replace most of it, they will need to put a claim in against her insurance, and thats if she has even got insurance,

my next post will be the pics of some of my plants,

thanks for all the kind words everyone, been hectic but getting sorted slowly,

ok, here is a quick update, this is not all my plants but will show you what i got going on,

here is some pics of my kc auto, this was grown under 12-12 from seed
PICT2866.JPG

PICT2868.JPG

now these pics below are of the monster cropped ak47 cross uk cherry cheese, this was re-vegged after flower, its got more branches than i can count,
its got the main stem and the plant was cut when i harvested it, so where the main stem stops all these branches grew out, so its 1 branch growing out the soil but then it splits into over 20 branches, i took clones from this and flowered it off as its not much use to me growing like this, but should give me plenty of top quality bud
PICT2869.JPG

PICT2870.JPG

PICT2871.JPG

now below we have one of my 2ltr dwc hempies, this is flowering none stop, it keeps getting fatter and fatter, cant wait to harvest it, but it dont look like its anywhere near ready, keeps growing white hairs and the buds keep on growing

PICT2872.JPG

PICT2873.JPG

PICT2874.JPG

below is a 2ltr hempie thats not dwc, just 2ltr size pot with soil, the plan on the left is 12-12 from clone, not expecting much from either of these but everything is in flower so i can totally clean the room out
PICT2875.JPG

below is the mystery seed i got out the middle of my auto, i got 2 seeds out the main bud on my last auto, 1 sprouted and turned into this plant

PICT2876.JPG

PICT2877.JPG

so their you go, i have got about 8 plants in veg, including the following
2 x rooted ak47 cross uk cherry cheese clones,
2 x fruity chronic juice clones rooted and growing,
1 x reserve privada kandy kush
2 x kc 45 auto

i have also got 3 other plants in flower but my batt went flat in camera so only managed to get the pics i did,

sorry i not been around much, ill try and get caught up with everyone as soon as possible

heya brother.

im totally gutted for you! im sure if it was a guy above you, he would be spitting teeth about now =(

plants are looking beautiful my friend. im gobsmacked at the KC45...shows me what i have to look forward to =D

ooh gnats. i bought this tanlin stuff (formerly nilnat) and its great! i still have a few floating around as ive only used a low dose in a high volume of water for a 'mass flush' but i missed a couple of plants oops.....

anyways thats about all i can think of for a public journal, i might shoot you a PM at some point if you dont send me one first.
peace bro, im wishing good things for you =)

That's terrible dp, sorry to hear its been such a nightmare. The very least that woman could do is apologise. Some people. But shit always comes back round.

How you've managed to get your plants through all that and looking so healthy is testament to your skills.

thanks for the kind words everyone, my flat stinks of damp and mould, so got lots of fans and heaters running at the moment with the windows open,

im hoping the insurance come and pay up soon, place really stinks, finished ripping carpets up as their was no saving any of them, hopefully they will put a claim in against her and get the money back or at least some of it, its going to put my insurance up and im not totally sure what im covered for as most of the stuff that got trashed was new stuff that i bought the kids so not sure how that will work with the insurance, ive kept everything thats trashed so they can see it if they need to, the only things ive thrown out is paperwork, carpets and stuff like that, my dads been over helping me move all my furniture and electricals into his garage, so its all their for the insurance to look at, if any of it dries out i can give it a try, but computers and stuff like that will be scrap,

been a nightmare, the smell is really bad, looks like the plaster will have to come off the walls as well, its a total mess, wrong time of year for this to happen, well its not nice any time of year, just hope i can get everything sorted soon, the kids are back at school now so im relying on my mom loads for doing school runs and stuff like that, been living on sandwiches since the place got trashed, the electrics in the kitchen are not sorted yet, i replaced all sockets and switches but it keeps blowing the fuse in the main fuse box still, so thinking their is either a socket i cant find or their is some short between the kitchen and the fuse box that is causing it to short out,

i got power in the hall and living room so far, i managed to get them sorted, the power to kitchen is disconnected till i can find the problem, got lots of these oil filled heaters running in all the rooms to dry it out,

really could of done without this though, its finally starting to dry out though, but all the plaster on the walls is now shrinking and cracking, hoping i can get away with just skimming over it once its dry but i know some of the electrics are not any good so will need to try and get plaster off to sort that out, im hoping the more i do myself the less i need to spend on plasterers and decorators, im ok ish with electrics but im not going to start taking washing machine and electric cooker apart, ill try switching them on when their totally dry, the cooker looks like it will be ok, well i hope, but the washing machine i dont think will work again, ive managed to stay in the flat and hoping to get it all sorted as soon as i can,

the woman has still not been down and oppologised, i know the flood was her fault but her flat did not come off to bad, she got laminate flooring so it just poured over the top of that and ran down into any cracks it could, then it looks like it filled the space between her floor and my ceiling then it slowly came through, once it worked its way through it must of soaked the plaster board and just caused it to bow and fall down,

but im slowly getting their, once the insurance pay out i can replace carpets and get the plaster boards for the ceilings and actually start getting the place livable, its the small i cant put up with, got heaters running 24 hours a day to get it to dry out, been a total nightmare, i need to replace what the kids lost as their to young to really understand whats going on, they dont know how bad it is really, they have no understanding of money as their to young, 6 and 7 to be exact, so their stopping with my mom and dad till the flats livable,

all their beds got trashed, i was so lucky we got up before the ceilings in their room fell down, im not sure if their was still power to their bedroom light when the plaster fell of the ceiling, if it was then it would of landed on their beds, their room and the kitchen and bathroom was the worst affected, then it ran down all the corners of walls and made the plaster swell, so been busy sorting electrics out to try and get power in all the rooms,

so been real busy getting my flat sorted out, my mom and dad are getting on a bit now, my dads a pensioner so its a lot to ask them to look after them for to long, my mom has to get up at 6am to get them fed and ready for school, so i owe them a lot for all the help their giving me, the kids could not stop here anyway, its to much of a mess, had to get all the clothes washed and saved most of them, its really just electrics and electricals that are trashed along with all the carpets, i tried using a carpet cleaner to suck all the water up off the carpets but it was just to wet, i dried as much as i could but it started to stink so that lot had to go

thanks for the offer of help GiGa, ill pm you my friend,

im slowly getting it sorted, im hoping in a week or 2 ill be able to have carpets down and the electrics sorted, i had to wire a new wire into the main fuse box so i had power in the hall and living room, so got extension leads running power from main fuse box, im hoping it all dries out and ill have power in all rooms, problem is the lights are these small halogen lights with transformers, so all these will need replacing as these where in the space above the ceiling so they got totally flooded first, i think thats what set all the smoke alarms off, the alarms where all shorting out and going off, could not switch them off, even the ones that fell down with the ceiling where still going off, the run off the mains but must also have their own battery as well,

so not been on here much, been going to work then spending all my time getting this place sorted, so its just me and the dog here at the moment,

thanks for all the kind words, i will get caught up with all your journals, i read a few each night when im in bad, well i say in bad im sleeping on an old metal fold out bed i got from my moms, so me and the dog are sleeping on this put me up sort of bed,

i should be ok in a week or 2, or at least the flat should be livable,

Hi Don -

So sorry to hear about the terrible time you've been having. Flooding is such a terrible thing as it ruins everything. I sure admire your spirit and positivity despite the incredible trying situation. Sure hope things get worked out through insurance for you soon, and that you get your life back. You're a great guy, and I sure hope there's a silver lining here somewhere. Glad the plants made it, and especially glad the family is all okay.

The plants look gorgeous by the way. Your growing is brilliant, even if your upstairs neighbor isn't. ;)

:goodluck: :circle-of-love:

thanks for the kind words everyone,

i have had the insurance out and they came and had a look around and wrote down all the electricals i lost and all the model numbers, i dont think they will replace new for new i think they replace like for like, so i think they will just give me a figure of how much my stuff was worth, mots of it wasnt that old so im hoping i can at least get a washing machine and cooker, then i can get my kids back here and get back to some sort of normality,

the insures told me to get quotes for the work i need doing so ive got an electrician coming out tomorrow afternoon and also a builder to give me quotes on all the plaster and plaster boards that need replacing,

i cant thank GiGa enough for hooking my kids up with a wii, its really helped my mom out loads as my kids are their while i get this place sorted out, she said she has not heard a word from them since they got it, they spend all the time playing that now, plus its way to cold for them to play outside now its snowing so it really has helped my mom out loads, i never knew my kids would play it that much, they play it as soon as they get home from school,

so all please reps GiGa for me, he is a top bloke,

so all been well i can send these quotes to the insurers and they should then tell me to go ahead with it, so i should know by monday or tue what is going on, if i can just get the cooker and washing machine replaced then i can move the kids back here and then i can replace everything else bit by bit,

so im getting their slowly, once the electrics and plastering is done i can start decorating again and get the place livable, just depends when i can get the work done, hopefully the electrician can do it pretty much as soon as i get the go ahead, if still got no power in some rooms, i have had to wire up a new fuse in the fuse box so i can run extension leads around the place to use heaters and microwave and kettle, but when i switch the switch on for the sockets in the fuse box it just keeps tripping out, so i know their is still a short somewhere, but i cant find it, so it might be an easy fix but wont know till tomorrow afternoon,

the plaster work is going to be the most expensive part as pretty much all the ceilings apart from my bedroom need replacing or refitting due to them falling down, the some of the walls swelled up when they was wet so when it dried out all the plaster has pulled away from the wall behind it and cracked so this will need taking off and replastering,

im just hoping they can do the work soon and then if the insurers pay out for the damage to my electrical items then i should be able to at least replace the cooker and washing machine, i can replace the rest a bit at a time, so fingers crossed i should be on the way to getting the place sorted, it looks a mess at the moment and its not safe to have my kids here as ive got extension leads all over the place and halogen heaters in most the rooms so not a safe place for a 6 and 7 year old,

hopefully i can have it sorted by the 29th as its my sons birthday and he wants to have a few friends over, or if its not done then ill need to try and come up with something else, but got a while so hopefully i can get the place sorted by then

so thanks everyone for the kind words, please all reps GiGa for me as he is a top bloke, he really has saved my mom a hard time with the kids, she dont mind having them but she is not as young as she used to be so i know my kids would drive her round the bend, they have been really good since getting the wii, they have spent more time in my moms bedroom than they ever have before, she dont hear anything from them, they even sneak food and drink up to her room so they dont have to keep running up and down the stairs every time they want something, so i owe you big time for this mate, cant thank you enough,

now for my grow, that 2ltr hempie just keeps on getting fatter and fatter, the buds keep growing new buds on top of the buds under neath so not sure whats going on, all the pistils are still white and it just keeps getting fatter all the time, im tempted to harvest it to prevent bud rot but i pulled back the buds and everything looks ok, so not sure why it keeps on flowering, it should of been finished a few weeks back but it keeps on going,

my auto is getting huge now and i think it will be the biggest harvest by far when i harvest it, the main bud is about 1ft long at the moment but its not far into flower so it will fatten out over the next few weeks,

ill take some pics tomorrow and try and get an update, i got to try and keep the door closed while the electrician and builder turn up but the cupboard is no where near where they got to get to so it should be ok, plus the light done come on till 5 pm so i might just get the electrician in before the lights come on, or ill leave them off for an extra hour while i wait for them to come and go,

so im getting their slowly now, its just a slow process, so fingers crossed its sorted soon, im fed up of all these halogen heaters running, plus its gone really cold out now and snowing so they been on most the day and night, the place is pretty much dry but the electrics still keep tripping the switch so their must be a switch or socket that still has water in it that i cant find, so at least the electrician can have a look tomorrow, it might be something simple but i cant find any sockets i have not checked and cleaned, so not sure what it is,

but im wondering this, when the water was coming through the ceiling all my smoke alarms where going off, these smoke alarms run off the mains electric as well as battery, so im wondering if they have shorted something out in the part of the ceiling thats still up, cuz it was the smoke alarms that woke us up and you could hear they wasnt making their usual alarm sound, so im thinking its got something to do with them, hopefully ill know more tomorrow,

ill try and get time to take some pics tomorrow and show you my grow, its been a while but ive just been to busy to get anything done,

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GiGaBaNE again.

I tried.....

Back
Top Bottom