First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

This thread... <~ Clickable link

Ok , I see it was early last year.

he got banned for sure, ill try and check, grandpa mudpie i think he was and mr mudpie, could be wrong but im sure thats what his screen name was, he tried using a previous entry in one of the contests and one of our regular growers recognised the pic and he got banned,

where did you see him post a comment last, it was about 2 years ago i think when he tried winning the contests

Who The Hell Would Try And Scam A Contest, And Why??? If U Cannot Win From Your Own Merits, What Is The Point??? I Mean It's Like Saying You Slept With This Beautiful Girl But Didn't,And Everyone Found Out That You Were Full Of BS, I Just Cannot See The Point, I Would Rather Lose, Lose And Lose Again, Before I Ever Tried To Cheat Or Lie, Or Take Credit For Someone Else's Hard Work!!! I Know You Have To Agree To That SER DON:high-five:!!!! I'll Never Understand Those Kind Of People, Because Even If You Got Away With It, You Still Know Inside Your self That You LOST!!!! SINCERELY, SER JAMESTHEGREEN:thumb:!!! Lord Commander Of The 420 Knights Watch.

not bad , you may want to consider keeping a little closer to the plants and making a little reflector hoods. consider a higher lumen output for flowering and remember to keep close to the plants. you can go really close with 30w compact so don't be shy to put over the top and around the sides closer. for the hoods cut a piece of duct in half then in pieces are required, it will help direct the light better.

@stephen, this is my old journal mate, im now using hps for my plants, your spot on with the cfls though and distance from plants, i find between 2 and 4 inches away from plants is the best option, i still use cfls for seedlings and clones as noce spacing is much closer under cfls, the hps tends to make seedlings stretch so i start them under cfls and the node spacing is very good then they go under the hps after about 2 weeks.

my latest journal is the hps one in my signature, been using hps for a while now,

@james, couldnt agree more mate, im sure a few of the old members would remember mr mud pie and grandpa mud pie,

hi Snow,

cool to hear your giving it a try, ive always got 1 or 2 dwc running at anyone time, ive not let them get to big in the past and usually gone 12-12 from seed, but im giving it a bit of veg time this time round so i can see how big these 2ltr dwc can get without having temp or root rot issues, so far mine are doing ok, ill get some pics up in my current journal, if you have any questions or suggestions then drop me a msg.

with my 2ltr dwc hempies ive never checked ph, never checked ppm's. never checked res temp, i know my ph is low when i mix up the nutes i use so was expecting problems, but im not getting any signs of any problems what so ever, so the dwc seems very easy to do, if i had problems id check the ph and res temp but for now everything seems to be going well and looks like the 2ltr dwc can support a decent sized plant, the only problem i might have is when it gets top heavy in flower, so i might need to make something to hold the bottle steady so it dont tip over.

good luck, let me know how you get on, ill get subbed to your journal,
peace

the main problem i had at first which i thought was ph related or nutrient related ending up being down to res temp, when i first did 2ltr dwc hempys i kept getting slimey roots, it didnt cause a major problem with the plant and it still produced very well, one of my first 2ltr dwc hempies was lollypopped so i just had the main stem producing bud so all the side branches was cut off.

at harvest the main bud was the same size as a 2ltr pop bottle and it was grown 12-12 from seed.

so id say the main issue you might have is res temp in a confined space or if you use a bigger light, i found that all you need is to cut a piece of card and place this over the 2ltr hempie so that it has the res in the shade, so now when i do then i make sure the res is shaded by other plant pots or if thats not possible then ill use a piece of card and place this over the top of the pot and this then stops the light shining on the res, that was the only problem i had.

It will grow for some time. While it is a bit longer, about a small system can't provide enough flow to the restaurant for you. It's like driving a truck in a car uphill, so that the cargo is growing all the time. At some point it stops and not be bothered anymore. You see it when the leaves start to turn yellow from the edges of the leaf. It is a magnesium and zinc deficiency that shoots first. The same problem is found in many of the prevention in the water circulation systems. They leave the brilliantly. To grow until reaching the maximum power. The system is already in the one-liter bottles, if it has a separate, bigger water tank and an adequate water supply

Back
Top Bottom